ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mamakofosi
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by Mamakofosi » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:46 am

I got my HSMP in July 2008 and came into the country in Dec, same year.
Unfortunately when l was due for renewal in July 2010, I had problems with my renewal which took me 7months to sort out.
Normally I would have been due for ILR renewal last July but due the delay in my first renewal, my current visa will expire in Feb,2014.
Now my question is by Dec, this year I would have been in the country for 5years which is the standard requirement for ILR applicants but I want to know if my coming to the country after 5months of getting the initial entry clearance in 2008 has any effect on my ILR now?
Having spent 5years am l qualify for ILR in January or I will still have to apply for extension base on the fact that l did not enter within the first 90 days?
Secondly, do l need to make provision for maintenance?

Your responses will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:31 am

If you were granted HSMP in July 2008, and entered UK in Dec. 2008, there is no way you could have been eligible for settlement in Dec. 2012 (after 4 years).

What you need to determine whether you qualify of settlement before your current leave expires. And for anyone to help you ascertain that, you need to explain the "problem" you had at the time of renewal in 2010.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!