ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR(Tier 1 Gen) success at Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

db_23
Newly Registered

ILR(Tier 1 Gen) success at Croydon PEO

Post by db_23 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi,
I thought I will share the experience of my successful ILR application.
Single applicant 5 years stay with initial few months on WP and rest on Tier 1 Gen

9.30 - Reached the Croydon PEO.
9.40 - Initial check of £100 payment at the reception. Ticket number given.
9.47 - Security cleared.
Waiting in the cafe for the ticket call for payment.
9.52 - Fee payment at the counter.
Waiting for the ticket call for case registration.
10.30 - Called for case registration.
10.43 - Case registration done.
Waiting for the ticket call for Biometrics
10.50 - Called for Biometrics.
10.53 - Biometrics done. Asked to wait for hour and half for the decision.
Ticket number displayed on the screen under 'Under Consideration'.
12.25 - Ticket number displayed on the screen under 'Ready for Collection'.
12.40 - Called at the counter to collect the documents.
At the counter was congratulated on successfule application and informed and letter given mentioning, that the BRP will arrive in 7-10 days time.

Documents submitted:-
1. Completely filled Set(O) form
2. Passports and BRP
3. 12 pay slips
4. Letter from employer mentioning income and start date.
5. HMRC employment history letter
6. Corresponding bank statements.
7. Life in UK test certificate.
8. WP documents.
9. Initial Tier 1 General approval letter by UKBA
10. Points scoring summary.

11. Photocopies of above 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

The total number of days away from UK in past 5 years is 80 and all on holiday or family visit. Thats what I mentioned in the form. No letter from employer submitted for absences.

I applied about 2 weeks before I complete 5 years of first arrival in UK.

Hope this helps.

I thank all over here who helped me with answering my queries and making my application perfect. Thank you all.

Kind Regards,

Stace_ILR
Newly Registered

HMRC letter

Post by Stace_ILR » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi db_23

Glad to hear your application was successful. I just had a question on your documentation. For the HMRC employment history letter, what exactly is that? Did you just call the HMRC and ask them to provide a letter to say you have paid taxes for the last 5 years? I have heard I need this, but I just want to make sure I ask for the right thing, as my visa appointment is on the 4 Sept.
I am applying for ILR (Set(o)) I have been here for 5 years (well 7 if you count my work holiday visa)

db_23
Newly Registered

Post by db_23 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi,
Thank you very much.

I had a P60 missing and hence to show the tax paid for last 5 years I got a letter from HMRC.
I called HMRC on 0300 200 3300. I said to the lady that I dont have a P60 for one of the years and I need a record of tax paid for past 5 years. She asked if I want a record for that particular. Then I requested that I wanted a record for all past 5 years. She said its called Employment history letter.

I received that letter in about a weeks time, though I think they say it might take couple of weeks.

Hope this helps.

Stace_ILR
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by Stace_ILR » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:41 am

Thanks so much db

I rang that number now and was helped quickly. :) My appointment is in 2 weeks from today so hope I get the letter soon, If I don't get it by next week, I might see if I can change my appointment just in case.
Now just the waiting.

:)

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi stacey,

I wont be worried too much about that letter. They should have those details already so I would suggest dont think of changing your appointment dates only because of that letter. If you have any other reason yes.. but definitely not for that silly letter.

I know many of my colleagues who just got ILR.. though they were bit worried before.

All the best.

Stace_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Stace_ILR » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Great to know vivdubes. I couldnt even really seen in the application where it was needed, but it seems a few people on the forum and my friends got it so would like to have it 'just in case' but wont look at changing my appointment :)

aknight

Post by aknight » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Congratulations!

Just a query on absences. Did you not provide any excel sheet stating your absences for any reason (you said you had 80 days out of the country).

Cheers

pillow
Newly Registered

Post by pillow » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:54 am

What did you submit as your "WP documents"? Does this mean you were on a WP and then Tier 1 and it was okay not to submit evidence of your absences even during the WP perod?

db_23
Newly Registered

Post by db_23 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:42 am

Hi,

Stace -
The employment letter is not required. But I think it is good idea to include it. I would suggest to not postpone your appointment if you dont receive the letter in time.
I think it is used just for the purpose of cross verification that the payslips and bank statements are not fraudulent(if at all they suspect them to be fraudulent). Plus it is just our peace of mind.

akinght -
I did not provide any spreadsheet. Mentioned the days away and the reason only on the form.
Though, I was carrying a letter from my current employer(nothing from previous employers) plus a cover letter with exactly the same details. But I did not include with my application.

pillow -
My initial entry was on a WP and I included all the WP documents that were issued by Home Office. I was on WP only for 9 months and during this time I did not go abroad.