ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Thank you Everyone

Post by Time503 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:03 pm

verbina wrote:
SDP wrote:
verbina wrote:
SDP wrote:
@Gods authority you have thanked us too much..lol we all are here to build up the strength , courage and support for each other,
i think we understand each other very well, we have just become a family now, we have Gurus with good advice here...
BTW some good humour as well from @Verbinas chicken with teeth..lol
heehee yep like an Oscar-acceptance speech!! 'Id like to thank Lord, thank Academy, thank my family for being there for me, thank my big yellow chicken with little red eyes!!!!!! :lol:

:D :D :D ..lol what abt it's wonderful teeth....?

Errrr Im saving that bit for my BRP acceptance speech!!!! :P
@verbina your sense of humour is unbelievable!!!l lol indeed it sounded like an Oscar speech!!! He's overwhelmed by the love shown to him!!
@Gods authority it's well, we are here for each other

verbina
Russia

Re: Thank you Everyone

Post by verbina » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:04 pm

SDP wrote:
verbina wrote:
SDP wrote:
verbina wrote:
heehee yep like an Oscar-acceptance speech!! 'Id like to thank Lord, thank Academy, thank my family for being there for me, thank my big yellow chicken with little red eyes!!!!!! :lol:

:D :D :D ..lol what abt it's wonderful teeth....?

Errrr Im saving that bit for my BRP acceptance speech!!!! :P
Sorry how could I forget kind Yummymummy, she prays for all of us daily..thank, you, God Bless you
Yes! God Bless Yummymummy and Yummybabba!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:39 pm

Omg !!!Verbina i nearly fell of d chair laughin....you finished me wit d yummy baba Lolz.. You guyz rock neva a dull moment....
@ sdp thnx dear...hope u r keepin d faith..
Now i need time to recover, ve laughed so hard cant remember my name all verbina's fault..

Hopefull3
Newly Registered

Post by Hopefull3 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Hello everyone
I have been following this thread for a long time now. today I decided to register and share my storey.
I came into the UK since September 2004 illegally.
I met my British partner in 2005
We have three children, two of which have gotten there British passports
I made a Flr O application based on my British children using a solicitor on 23 of April 2010.
My application was refused on 5 feb 2011
my solicitor sent a reconsideration request and the home office received it the 7 of march 2011.
I have involved my MP since 2012 and home office keep telling me through my MP that my case is yet to be allocated to a case worker.
Then early this year my solicitor sent the Home office a letter before action giving them 24 working days to reply. Hoping the letter will help speed my case. But the home office completely ignored the letter.
I cannot go a head with judicial review as I cannot afford to.
Two months ago I sent another letter to me MP asking him to get an update from the home office.

I have received a reply from him stating that, (I quote from their letter to me),
We are currently handling a queue of particularly complex cases. Our ability to deal with reconsideration request is very much dependent on the number of applications and associated correspondence submitted at any one time, and the resources available to process them. It is however, envisaged that all representations will be considered by the end of September .

My MP has advised that I should contact him again if I don't hear anything by the end of October

I am waiting and hoping for my good news

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Hopefull3 wrote:Hello everyone
I have been following this thread for a long time now. today I decided to register and share my storey.
I made a Flr O application based on my British children using a solicitor on 23 of April 2010.
my solicitor sent a reconsideration request and the home office received it the 7 of march 2011.
I have involved my MP since 2012 and home office keep telling me through my MP that my case is yet to be allocated to a case worker.
Then early this year my solicitor sent the Home office a letter before action giving them 24 working days to reply. Hoping the letter will help speed my case. But the home office completely ignored the letter.
Two months ago I sent another letter to me MP asking him to get an update from the home office.

I have received a reply from him stating that, (I quote from their letter to me),
We are currently handling a queue of particularly complex cases. Our ability to deal with reconsideration request is very much dependent on the number of applications and associated correspondence submitted at any one time, and the resources available to process them. It is however, envisaged that all representations will be considered by the end of September .

My MP has advised that I should contact him again if I don't hear anything by the end of October

Like i mentioned a few days ago, anytime from Mid September particularly month of October will see a lot of cases decided.

Just keep praying, it is well with you!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi hun! Welcome to the forum!

I see how you ve been fighting a very long battle, could you please share more details so that we(folks with British kids) can compare notes with you!
Are you still together with the other parent of your kids? Did you apply as a spouse-private life as a family ?
Also, Im curious, what reasons did they give you for rejecting your first application?
Im getting seriously freaked out by so many people with kids here getting rejected :((

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:14 pm

Really stressful situation, 3 years from the initial application and they've still not granted you inspite of your deserving case? This is atrocious! Pls why did they refuse your first application?

Hopefull3
Newly Registered

Post by Hopefull3 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:36 pm

I was initially refused for two reasons
one because I was not in the UK lawfully at the time I applied and
because my solicitor failed to include my children's passport in the application to prove that my children are British.
He only included their birth certificate, the home office refused by saying that my children being born in the UK does not make them British.
We have sent the Home office my children passport when we requested for a reconsideration.

My partner was not included in the application at that time because our relationship was not stable at the time. My partner refused to make a joint application with me because we thought we were going to break up.
But he assisted me in getting any document that was needed from him in connection with the application.

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Hopefull3 wrote:I was initially refused for two reasons
because my solicitor failed to include my children's passport in the application to prove that my children are British.
He only included their birth certificate, the home office refused by saying that my children being born in the UK does not make them British.
We have sent the Home office my children passport when we requested for a reconsideration.

My partner was not included in the application at that time because our relationship was not stable at the time. My partner refused to make a joint application with me because we thought we were going to break up.
But he assisted me in getting any document that was needed from him in connection with the application.
The solicitor let you down, he/she should have included the father's passport at least to prove the children are automatically british by birth, anyway did you appeal? If not how did the reconsideration come about? What you need to find out is if your outstanding case is valid, so you don't keep waiting in vain, if it is valid I'm sure they'll request for any other documents this time, to help them consider the matter. Be prepared to prove cohabitation. I will pray for you!

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:04 pm

[quote="Hopefull3"]I was initially refused for two reasons

But he assisted me in getting any document that was needed from him in connection with the application.[/quote]

@hopefull3

Welcome to the forum. Any way how old is your children’s now. You might meet the 7 years child rule placed July 2012.[quote][code][/code][/quote]

ontothenext
Newly Registered

Post by ontothenext » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Do you know if the solicitor wrote in the cover letter that the Kids have a British father and provided a means the home office could verify maybe through father's Name and DOB. Your case is quite strong I reckon but with HO you don't know what to get. Caseworkers treat cases differently, your caseworker could have requested for additional documentation to prove your kids' British citizenship instead of putting you through all these, wasting your time and their time and resources. Anyway, you will be fine, just keep praying and remain hopeful, very soon, you will be granted.
All the very best

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:43 pm

@hopeful3, its pure cruelty what the ho is doin to you...your case is pretty strong.. i would suggest you call the ombudsman first thing tommorrow , tell them yr story you might be lucky they might take up yr case straight away, but if not ask them to send you the complaint form to yr address , fill it out and give it to yr mp cos he will go through the form and it is vital he signs section 9 , yr mp sends it off after he signs it.... once the ombudsman takes over yr case you should be looking at gettin decision from hoin a matter of days to 2weeks..
as for yr solicitor, he messed things up a bit,
Above all i pray that the ho will deal with yr case and you will find favour in the sight of d caseworker in jesus name

trendy201
Newly Registered

Post by trendy201 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:53 pm

@ hope233 we seem to share very similar case. but recently about 4 weeks ago I received a reply from them asking for more evidence which I have sent to them. and now playing the waiting game.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:58 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@hopeful3, its pure cruelty what the ho is doin to you...your case is pretty strong.. i would suggest you call the ombudsman first thing tommorrow , tell them yr story you might be lucky they might take up yr case straight away, but if not ask them to send you the complaint form to yr address , fill it out and give it to yr mp cos he will go through the form and it is vital he signs section 9 , yr mp sends it off after he signs it.... once the ombudsman takes over yr case you should be looking at gettin decision from hoin a matter of days to 2weeks..
as for yr solicitor, he messed things up a bit,
Above all i pray that the ho will deal with yr case and you will find favour in the sight of d caseworker in jesus name
Yeah, Im with you babe on that one! Get the Ombudsman as soon as you can! By Gods Grace you will have your status sorted soon!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:01 pm

shareen24h wrote:

@hopefull3

Welcome to the forum. Any way how old is your children’s now. You might meet the 7 years child rule placed July 2012.
If the kids are British there s no need for a 7 year rule- its only relevant for non-British children.
Its great that your partner is not on your application and hopefully HO assumes you guys are not together anymore, so then it should be nice and straight-forward!!

ontothenext
Newly Registered

Post by ontothenext » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:14 pm

trendy201 wrote:@ hope233 we seem to share very similar case. but recently about 4 weeks ago I received a reply from them asking for more evidence which I have sent to them. and now playing the waiting game.
My case is quite similar. Did you just submit a birth cert with your application or with kid/partner's passport? what sort of evidence did the home office request from you?

Thanks

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:35 pm

assuming that when partners are not together will help the case may be wrong with respect to bristsh kids.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Please advise: My friend’s hubby was refused on the 1st of Aug 2013 on his FLRO.
The solicitor got the letter on 5th of August and failed to notify them until Monday the 19th and the appeal date ended on that same Monday. Please what should they do? Can they still appeal, though they met a new lawyer who advised them to appeal today?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Kukuwife wrote:assuming that when partners are not together will help the case may be wrong with respect to bristsh kids.
Yeah its totally wrong, but sadly true :( . As if the parents are together then it has to be a spouse application with 18.600 income etc

trendy201
Newly Registered

Post by trendy201 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:49 pm

@hope233. they requested proof my son is British citizen. my original application was in 2009 refused 2011 put in a reconsideration 2011. no reply from them since about 4 weeks ago. and also wrote to MP 6 weeks ago.

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:13 pm

trendy201 wrote:@ hope233 we seem to share very similar case. but recently about 4 weeks ago I received a reply from them asking for more evidence which I have sent to them. and now playing the waiting game.
Pls could you share what evidence they asked from you

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Afternoon All,

@sarah06 I assume the appeal was supposed to be sent to the HO first hence the 10 days bla bla. Technically if your friend's counsel are appealing they have 28 days from the refusal date to submit the application for permission to proceed with JR to the administrative court. (The actual JR process and hearing is a high court thing) It can be slightly misleading and confusing because the entire JR process needs to be filed within 3 months of the refusal. So they still have time to collate and submit your friend's bundle for the Administrative Courts to review. Tell her not to worry at all as 28 days have not yet elapsed. Disgraceful behaviour from her former solicitors. I hope this helps.

NB above is applicable to those given right of appeal and those NOT GIVEN you have 3 months to do the PAP, application for Permission for JR and JR itself, if granted permission to proceed
Last edited by Believe2013 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Wariko
Newly Registered

FLRO vs HLDP

Post by Wariko » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi all ,

Would like to share my storie with you, hopefully I may get some advices .

I was granted a DL for 3 years in 2008 on article 8 ground , married , father of 2 british children's .

On 1 August 2011 I sent my application for extension using a HLDP form after been advise by HO officer , 2 days later was told by a friend the the right form should be the FLRO form .

Rang again the HO and explained the situation and so told not to filled and send an other application on FLRO . But send a clarification letter instead .

Still never recieved any reply of acknowledgment about my application. Call after call after call .

The answer was ( your application is look at ) went fron frustration to frustration .

My mum been very I'll but couldn't travel , cant that my family on holiday .

Had my local pm involved in the mater , but the answer was still the same .

Till 2 months ago I decided to give the HO a new call , luckily the lady at the HO was willing the listing to my cries , and said to me that I should have filled and send an other application using FLRO form long ago .

She advised me to send a new application and explain the misunderstanding .

Finally sent my application on 12 August 13
acknowledgment recieved on 14 August 13
Biometric done on 17 August 13
Now waiting.

My question is , what are my chances ? Could the HO take into consideration the 2 years spent waiting ?

By the rule could the HO issue me a other 3 years ? Or give me 1 year to complete 6 years on DL .

Thanks for reading me .

hatchsead

Re: FLRO vs HLDP

Post by hatchsead » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:08 pm

Wariko wrote:Hi all ,

I was granted a DL for 3 years in 2008 on article 8 ground , married , father of 2 british children's .

On 1 August 2011 I sent my application for extension using a HLDP form after been advise by HO officer , 2 days later was told by a friend the the right form should be the FLRO form .

Rang again the HO and explained the situation and so told not to filled and send an other application on FLRO . But send a clarification letter instead .

Still never recieved any reply of acknowledgment about my application. Call after call after call .

The answer was ( your application is look at ) went fron frustration to frustration .

Till 2 months ago I decided to give the HO a new call , luckily the lady at the HO was willing the listing to my cries , and said to me that I should have filled and send an other application using FLRO form long ago .

Now waiting.

My question is , what are my chances ? Could the HO take into consideration the 2 years spent waiting ?

By the rule could the HO issue me a other 3 years ? Or give me 1 year to complete 6 years on DL .

Thanks for reading me .

I will bet it will be another 3 years because the fault has been yours. Above all, just be prayerful there is nothing impossible for God.

SDP

Re: FLRO vs HLDP

Post by SDP » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Wariko wrote:Hi all ,

Now waiting.

Thanks for reading me .
I know it's frustrating , but did you pay fee on your HLDP application ?
If yes then it's their fault, if not then they will make a decision on FLR(0)
Either way you will be granted....this is my opinion lets see what our Gurus think..