ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jazb
Newly Registered

Citizenship

Post by jazb » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:55 pm

Hello all,

I'd applied for naturalisation and I recieved the letter of success last week. I've also recieved invitation letter for the ceremony in Oct.

I am not sure what to do or expect next?

1) will I get any more letter after the ceremory?
2) being an Indian national (currently, as i think the citizenship will change after ceremony???), I know i need to surrender mu indian passport. Can I apply for OCI only after this?

Thanks

VR

Your questions

Post by VR » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:43 am

Jazb,

First congrads on completing the journey.
Now your queries

1. Perhaps a letter from the queen? :D Let us know when it arrives.

2. On completing your ceremony download the form from the Indian Embassy site and surrender your passport. You can also put in your application for OCI. The documents required etc are clear on the website.
cheers
vr

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:55 am

Post queries regarding Indian citizenship / OCI / PIO etc. in this forum.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jazb
Newly Registered

Re: Your questions

Post by jazb » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:52 pm

VR wrote:Jazb,

First congrads on completing the journey.
Now your queries

1. Perhaps a letter from the queen? :D Let us know when it arrives.

2. On completing your ceremony download the form from the Indian Embassy site and surrender your passport. You can also put in your application for OCI. The documents required etc are clear on the website.
cheers
vr
LOL, thanks for the replies.

But, my question was, will I get anything after the ceremony? any letter?

I am asking this, because my assumption is that I'll need this letter when applying for British Passport.

ritswaney

Post by ritswaney » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Congratuations !

Hey could I just check the date of your Approval Letter, the timeline threads are abuzz with some sort of IT Problem plaguing approvals since 25th July.

Be interesting to know the date on your approval letter to understand if we have seen off this alleged IT issue.

Cheers.

VR

After the Ceremony

Post by VR » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:57 pm

You will be presented with your certificate of British citizenship and a welcome pack. You will be given a commemorative gift, often with a local flavour. :lol: (Hope its not a lollypop ROFL)
cheers
vr

jazb
Newly Registered

Re: After the Ceremony

Post by jazb » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:14 pm

VR wrote:You will be presented with your certificate of British citizenship and a welcome pack. You will be given a commemorative gift, often with a local flavour. :lol: (Hope its not a lollypop ROFL)
cheers
vr
This will be povided on the day of ceremony or will it arrive by post?

And is this certficate req for passport application?

jazb
Newly Registered

Post by jazb » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:14 pm

ritswaney wrote:Congratuations !

Hey could I just check the date of your Approval Letter, the timeline threads are abuzz with some sort of IT Problem plaguing approvals since 25th July.

Be interesting to know the date on your approval letter to understand if we have seen off this alleged IT issue.

Cheers.
Yes, there was some issue. Got the letter on 17th Aug (dated 24th Jul)