ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I work until I get my new Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinith
Newly Registered

Can I work until I get my new Visa

Post by vinith » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi,
I have applied for TIRE 1 Entrepreneur and got refused in Upper Tribunal and rather going for Judicial Review I made a new application with TIRE 2 with all relevant documents within 5 working days after I have received my refusal but I am not allowed to work for my new employer who gave me COS as he mentioned that my job in his company is depending on my new visa. But I am still working in my old job which I have been doing since 1 year. My question is can I continue working for old employer until I get my New Visa??

Note: I got refused on TIRE 1 and then applied for TIRE 2 within 5 working days time.

Any suggestions are much appreciated..

Thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:05 pm

You became an overstayer on the day your appeal was disallowed at the Upper Tribunal. An overstayer has no legal right to work in the UK.

You may start working on the joining date mentioned on the CoS, provided your application for leave to remain as a Tier 2 migrant is approved.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!