ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does a CAS from Uni mean guaranteed VISA?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajek01

Does a CAS from Uni mean guaranteed VISA?

Post by ajek01 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi everybody

I am currently on PSW, I have been in UK for 9 years, my PSW is expiring next month, I have been here as a student for 7 years and 2 months.
I had finished my degree before switching into PSW. I have been trying to enrol in a one year Masters course now.
So I applied for Masters course in couple of Universities, one University has indeed offer me an offer letter. They have not yet issued the CAS yet.

My question is, if they do issue a CAS, is it a guarantee that UKBA will extend the VISA (or UKBA still might come back and say that I have already used the maximum time in level 6/7?) and they will reject my application?

Would highly appreciate your kind replies please

Regards
Ajek

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:07 pm

No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:22 pm

UKBA degree cap rule won't allow you to study further.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:32 pm

So, basically even if the University issue a CAS to me, UKBA will still reject the VISA?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Why/how can a university issue CAS when they know the degree cap guideline.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:52 pm

I had applied for an MBA with all the documents and they already had issued me an offer letter, hoping they would issue me the CAS as well.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:19 pm

Have they asked you to list your periods of degree level study under tier 4/student visas in the uk and have you given them this information? As others have said, even if they were to issue you a cas your application will refused if you exceed the time limit on degree level study.

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi Greenie

I did provice all my VISA documents to the University.

My Plan is to attend a PEO one day service for my Tier4 at least 15 days before my visa visa expires, so that if they do refuse my visa I will still be able to apply on other route before my visa expires?

My question is if they do refuse my T4, will it affect future application, such as T1 Ent?

Kind regards
Ajek

ahmad0044
Newly Registered

Post by ahmad0044 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:46 pm

My advice is based on an experience my friend had. My friend visited PEO Croydon a week ago.

He was in the UK for the last 6 years on student + Tier 4 Visa

He has applied and got CAS from Glyndwr university for a masters course Level 7.

His university failed to take into account his previous stay and issued CAS blindly against a receipt of £3000 via agent.

UKBA officer check the application and he got refusal on the basis that he has exceeded time limit. UKBA strictly follow the cap rule don't take them so easy.

If you real want a straight refusal go ahead plus my friend did not get his passport back they have kept it he attended PEO almost 7 days before his visa expiry.

So don't think they will return your passport. Make your mind and yes it will affect your Tier 1 Entrepreneur application.

I believe you are looking to complete 10 years somehow. My personal advice is apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa don't buy trouble for your self.
ajek01 wrote:Hi Greenie

I did provice all my VISA documents to the University.

My Plan is to attend a PEO one day service for my Tier4 at least 15 days before my visa visa expires, so that if they do refuse my visa I will still be able to apply on other route before my visa expires?

My question is if they do refuse my T4, will it affect future application, such as T1 Ent?

Kind regards
Ajek

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:14 am

Hi ahmad0044

Thanks for your reply.

You are right, i am short of 11 months from my ILR eligibility.

The only problem with T1 Ent is, they are giving decisions these days in a month time or so. If the decision is positive, sorted.

But only worry is if the decision is negative, would my appeal time be long enough to get to ILR?

Kind regards
Ajek

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:26 am

Keep your queries (and responses) restricted to Tier 4 category in this forum.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

adlakha84

Post by adlakha84 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:14 pm

[quote="ajek01"]Hi ahmad0044

Thanks for your reply.

You are right, i am short of 11 months from my ILR eligibility.

The only problem with T1 Ent is, they are giving decisions these days in a month time or so. If the decision is positive, sorted.

But only worry is if the decision is negative, would my appeal time be long enough to get to ILR?

Kind regards
Ajek[/quote

You spent 7 years 2 months on student visa, how many years you spent spent below degree level ?

swaqar22
Newly Registered

Post by swaqar22 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Dear Friends ,

I have applied for entry clearance at British High Commission Islamabad

my previous history is as follows
Diploma In business Administration 2006 (level 3 under old students rules)
Advanced Diploma in Business Management 2007 (level 4 under old students rules)
Masters in Marketing 2009(level 7 under old students rules)
Post Study Work visa valid from 2009 to 2011

Visa refused for ACCA (ECO was unable to verify is the loan letter is geniune or false)

Now i have applied for msc logistics and suply chain MGMT (level 7 university of west of scotland)
and it is also mentioned on CAS that this course is a further progression of previous course
i have also paid 60% of total fee

when i submitted my case at visa application center , i went through an online interview and now they have called me for an interview at british Embassy.
can any one tell me why they have called me and what are the chances of getting entry clearance

note :for maintenance i have attached a 28 days bank statement