ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa for my mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun May 20, 2007 2:44 pm

I am not saying family work is strictly not employment
However in this case, it really isn't
Those other examples I can see why the tax office wouldn't buy it

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 20, 2007 3:03 pm

SYH wrote:I am not saying family work is strictly not employment
However in this case, it really isn't
Those other examples I can see why the tax office wouldn't buy it
But it's not the tax office we're dealing with here.......

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun May 20, 2007 3:42 pm

You are talking about taxes when you refer to Paye and NI so to me your are talking about HMRC.

alba29

Post by alba29 » Sun May 20, 2007 4:42 pm

SYH wrote:You are talking about taxes when you refer to Paye and NI so to me your are talking about HMRC.
HI SYH

Thank you for all the notes. I see some of them are pretty heavy with accusations of ponies and slim lines telephones... however...this was a mistake made by partially from me as I should have known better... I will await for the embassy to call my mum to attend to her application... and Iwill get it from there. The woman is 55 years old... She wasn't a young person trying to make money in working illegally...We are not bad people and i am sure that with some honesty and "ignorance" as OX7Max commented hopefully we will have a case to stand on..... Will let you know. in the meantime if you have any advice please tell me. Regards Alba:

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Mon May 21, 2007 9:42 am

She wasn't a young person trying to make money in working illegally...
Excuses*. Is illegal work less bad as you get older? Or are you arguing that older people are more likely to be confused into illegal work and therefore need a concession? Since when did people become old and senile at 55? That's probably minimum age before you can get a job at the HO. And even I wouldn't call all HO staff senile. I'd caution you not to play the "old" card if you don't know the age of the person reviewing your application.
some honesty and "ignorance" as OX7Max commented hopefully we will have a case to stand on
Based on facts provided so far you don't have a case*. Period. You don't get to the other side of a mountain by ramming yourself against it repeatedly, you go over it or walk around.

*As far as the Home Office is concerned

alba29

Post by alba29 » Mon May 21, 2007 11:42 am

OL7MAX wrote:
She wasn't a young person trying to make money in working illegally...
Excuses*. Is illegal work less bad as you get older? Or are you arguing that older people are more likely to be confused into illegal work and therefore need a concession? Since when did people become old and senile at 55? That's probably minimum age before you can get a job at the HO. And even I wouldn't call all HO staff senile. I'd caution you not to play the "old" card if you don't know the age of the person reviewing your application.
some honesty and "ignorance" as OX7Max commented hopefully we will have a case to stand on
Based on facts provided so far you don't have a case*. Period. You don't get to the other side of a mountain by ramming yourself against it repeatedly, you go over it or walk around.

I regret to say but you are being very offensive to my entire situation. you started making suppositions of ponies and slimlines... which I think were out of order and there is deffenetly of lot of biterness about your entire comments. My point was (but obviously you can't see it) that my mother was not a young illegal immigrant working her a*** off here in UK making money as the case stands with the situation in UK and the HO can't deal with. Illegal doesn't get easier as you get older surely not.. but I wanted to point out that there are hundreds of thousands (oh HO doesn't have the figures yet...) of illegals working in Uk... who actually have come here on visitor visas...( i do some translations for the police when these people are caught that's how I know)

All I wanted was some advice without prejudice, stupid presumtions or profesional hatres. there are people like you who make HO a shamble institution.
Please do not reply to me.

*As far as the Home Office is concerned

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Mon May 21, 2007 12:22 pm

accusations of ponies and slim lines telephones
It's not an accusation, or supposition. Or suppository, for that matter. It was a .... oh, never mind, you wouldn't understand.
there is deffenetly of lot of biterness about your entire comments
I don't know who you are so it's not bitterness, it's bluntness. A few hours ago you were also calling it "honest advice".
My point was (but obviously you can't see it) that my mother was not a young illegal immigrant
Great point! I'll wish you all the best with your argument about your mother's age reducing the illegality of her actions. Good luck.
there are people like you who make HO a shamble institution.
You have my sincere assurance they achieved that without my help.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon May 21, 2007 12:28 pm

Hi Ol7, can we stop beating the dead horse.
We all made our point.

It clearly isn't the Eulogy because you are still going on about it.

So I said my peace
Last edited by SYH on Mon May 21, 2007 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Mon May 21, 2007 12:41 pm

SYH, you really must make an attempt to read better. My third para above was the eulogy.

alba29

Post by alba29 » Mon May 21, 2007 12:45 pm

OL7MAX wrote:
accusations of ponies and slim lines telephones
It's not an accusation, or supposition. Or suppository, for that matter. It was a .... oh, never mind, you wouldn't understand.
there is deffenetly of lot of biterness about your entire comments
I don't know who you are so it's not bitterness, it's bluntness. A few hours ago you were also calling it "honest advice".
My point was (but obviously you can't see it) that my mother was not a young illegal immigrant
Great point! I'll wish you all the best with your argument about your mother's age reducing the illegality of her actions. Good luck.
there are people like you who make HO a shamble institution.
You have my sincere assurance they achieved that without my help.
i thought I said politely "do not reply to me". I see you are very persistent!!!!

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Mon May 21, 2007 12:49 pm

Don't be silly, I replied to a public thread. You can't attack someone and then expect them not to reply. You can, however, completely ignore what they say. Feel free to start now.

And you're welcome for all the advice, don't mention it at all.

alba29

Post by alba29 » Mon May 21, 2007 12:56 pm

OL7MAX wrote:Don't be silly, I replied to a public thread. You can't attack someone and then tell them not to reply. You can, however, completely ignore what they say. Feel free to start now.

And you're welcome for all the advice, don't mention it at all.
the above sentence was the best thing ever come out of your writing so far. now you showed you are reasonble.but i see your fraustration.. you must get hundreds of cases like this a day... so you see people and think how silly...

alba29

Post by alba29 » Mon May 21, 2007 2:45 pm

SYH wrote:Hi Ol7, can we stop beating the dead horse.
We all made our point.

So I said my peace
I have a question for you if you can help.
Do you think my mum will ever be allowed to come to UK again?

regards
Alba

Rawling

Post by Rawling » Mon May 21, 2007 3:52 pm

alba29 wrote:

The woman is 55 years old... She wasn't a young person trying to make money in working illegally...We are not bad people.:
Interesting way of looking at the issue and also what you are "really saying" by your above statement.
Last edited by Rawling on Mon May 21, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alba29

Post by alba29 » Mon May 21, 2007 4:15 pm

Rawling wrote:
alba29 wrote:

The woman is 55 years old... She wasn't a young person trying to make money in working illegally...We are not bad people.:
Interesting way of looking at the issue.
Why what's your view on this?

alba29

Post by alba29 » Mon May 21, 2007 4:20 pm

Rawling wrote:
alba29 wrote:

Interesting way of looking at the issue and also what you are "really saying" by your above statement.
Well she was not 20-25 working her a*** off here like hundrends of thousands...that's what I was trying to say... she stayed with me and my kids for family reasons

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon May 21, 2007 4:22 pm

alba29 wrote:
We all made our point.

So I said my peace

regards
Alba
Only because you asked, I am adding on. However I really already answered you. I am surprised they haven't already said no so that's your glimmer of hope. There is no recognized right for your mom to see her grandchildren as a basis to enter a country especially when she failed to obey the conditions of the permission granted previously.

Rawling

Post by Rawling » Mon May 21, 2007 4:23 pm

alba29 wrote: Why what's your view on this?
Well i am not expert on the issue. But you seems to imply Young persons who happens to be overstayers are bad people somehow they have done it intentionally because they are working.
Last edited by Rawling on Mon May 21, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alba29

Post by alba29 » Mon May 21, 2007 4:29 pm

SYH wrote:
alba29 wrote:
We all made our point.

So I said my peace

regards
Alba
Only because you asked, I am adding on. However I really already answered you. I am surprised they haven't already said no so that's your glimmer of hope. There is no recognized right for your mom to see her grandchildren as a basis to enter a country especially when she failed to obey the conditions of the permission granted previously.
Hi SYH... many thanks and i will let you know of the outcome... all the best
Alba

alba29

Post by alba29 » Mon May 21, 2007 4:41 pm

Rawling wrote:
alba29 wrote: Why what's your view on this?
Well i am not expert on the issue. But you seems to imply Young persons who happens to be overstayers are bad people somehow they have done it intentionally because they are working.
I am absolutely not saying young people illegal are bad ones.. absolutely not...actually i prefer the illegal immigrants who work hard and pay the bills as opposed to the family ones that claim benefits left right and centre and also work on the black market and drive bmw... while I work hard... study hard and pay my taxes... the only thing is that the intentions of my mum staying might have been compansionate with me just having graduated from UNi...got a new job.. had a 5 year old kid going first time to school and a new born baby just as i graduated and started the new job... and i found all of this overhelming and thought couldn't cope well...i sincerely asked my mum for help.. and poor mum stayed