ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent of a settled person - Visa refused - Please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhina1981
Newly Registered
India

Dependent of a settled person - Visa refused - Please help

Post by dhina1981 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi,

My wife applied for spouse visa under the category "Dependent of a settled person" as I have ILR. Visa was refused citing the reason that she did not meet the English language requirement. The "Points Calculator" shows "0" points if I input her degree details. However, now I've got the "Naric" letter confirming that her degree is equivalent to british bachelors degree and also letter from her university stating that the degree was taught in "English". Is this enough for reapplying (or) should she take the English test anyway.

Please help me with the clarification.

Thanks
D

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Appeal?

Was this an out of UK entry clearance application?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:50 pm

If the PBS calculator said 0, you should have supplied the statement of comparability, it is NARIC which is ultimately used to recognise the comparability of degree awards. This new evidence should suffice the requirement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dhina1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by dhina1981 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:32 pm

vinny wrote:Appeal?

Was this an out of UK entry clearance application?

Yes, the application was made in India (Chennai). The first application was made in Jan 2013 which was refused for the lack of financial requirement docs. They did not mention anything about the "degree not getting recognised" in the first refusal. (submitted same degree certificate all the time)

Then second application (May 2013) was made with all the financial docs, then UKBA refused again this time citing the reason "Degree not equivalent to UK degree". If UKBA mentioned this in the first refusal itself, I would've kept NARIC letter in the second application.

Do u think I can question UKBA for this ? Please advice.

Everytime it took 3 months for the decision.

Now I'm planning to reapply for the third time with the NARIC letter.

dhina1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by dhina1981 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:55 pm

D4109125 wrote:If the PBS calculator said 0, you should have supplied the statement of comparability, it is NARIC which is ultimately used to recognise the comparability of degree awards. This new evidence should suffice the requirement.

Thank you.

Cheers
Dhina

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:02 pm

It may be better to appeal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

dhina1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by dhina1981 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:06 pm

vinny wrote:It may be better to appeal.

Thanks for the advice.

But one of the immigration solicitor told me that appeal will take 1 year time. Is that true ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:10 pm

No. It may get overturned earlier at the ECM review. She may also reapply while the appeal is pending and taking too long, if she wishes.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:16 am

Hi adhina1981,
any updates regarding your case ?

Param