ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa application online

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

don60
Newly Registered

Family visit visa application online

Post by don60 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:22 pm

My wife has made an application for a family visit visa online, after she had completed the online process she expected to be given a date to go for an interview but no date has been given.

Can somebody tell me what we should expect from UKBA regarding this matter, will they send her the date?

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:20 pm

She needs to ring them now to book appointment to submit the application.

Which country is she applying from?

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Aqeel wrote:She needs to ring them now to book appointment to submit the application.

Which country is she applying from?
Are you sure, because there was no indication shown that she had to telephone for an appointment.

Is there anybody else here that can confirm this?

Application already submitted online.

She is from a country marked (B) on the list : From website,

In all of the countries listed below, you can use Visa4UK to apply for a visa online.

In countries marked (B), you can also book an appointment using Visa4UK.
Last edited by don60 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:34 pm

don60 wrote:
Aqeel wrote: Which country is she applying from?
Are you sure, because there was no indication shown that she had to telephone for an appointment.

Application already submitted online.
You did not answer which country is she applying from?

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:49 pm

What is the standard procedure for visit visa application in that country is it through Gerry's or some courier service? As per my understanding you have to give biometrics for all applications, I'm presuming after the submission of the form there must be an option of taking its print out ?

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Aqeel wrote:What is the standard procedure for visit visa application in that country is it through Gerry's or some courier service? As per my understanding you have to give biometrics for all applications, I'm presuming after the submission of the form there must be an option of taking its print out ?
I don't know what "Gerry's" is, there is a VSF office .

As I said before, the application was submitted online and of course we expect that she will have to visit an office of some sort to produce the original copies of docs etc, but no appointment time was given nor was there a telephone number given for applicant to call for appointment.

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:46 am

Hi Members,
I am planning to call my parents .
As I went through the documents required on UKBA site I came across few things for which I need some help.
1.Can anybody tell me what is the minimum balance required in my Parents Bank Account?
2.Is it fine to show fixed deposit if bank account does not have much?
3.Is there any medical test required for them?
4.How much is required in my Bank Account statements for latest 3 months to show that I can take care of them when they are here?
5.Can I apply for schengen Visa directly from India for them?

Thanks,
Georgy1

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:45 pm

You stole OPs thread
georgy1 wrote:Hi Members,
I am planning to call my parents .
As I went through the documents required on UKBA site I came across few things for which I need some help.
1.Can anybody tell me what is the minimum balance required in my Parents Bank Account?
There is no set minimum balance
2.Is it fine to show fixed deposit if bank account does not have much?
That is fine
3.Is there any medical test required for them?
No test required for visit visas
4.How much is required in my Bank Account statements for latest 3 months to show that I can take care of them when they are here?
Depends for how long are they staying with you and if it is just you who is sponsoring their visit or will they be bringing money with them to spend

5.Can I apply for schengen Visa directly from India for them?
No restriction

Thanks,
Georgy1

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:07 pm

[quote="Aqeel"]You stole OPs thread

:shock:

Thanks Aqeel :)

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi Aqueel,

Thanks for quick reply.

I asked one of my friend he mentioned they require some 1-2 lakh in their account and in some threads they mentioned it should not be a lump sum or it should have a record of where it came from.

For the bank balance in my account ,
If I am going to sponsor them then how much would be required?

By the way who is OP? :)

Thanks,
Georgy1

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:24 pm

georgy1 wrote:Hi Aqueel,

Thanks for quick reply.

I asked one of my friend he mentioned they require some 1-2 lakh in their account and in some threads they mentioned it should not be a lump sum or it should have a record of where it came from.

Well its better to have balance for few months before applying for a visit visa and in that case you dont need to prove where the money has come from. if you will boost your account just before applying will create doubts in the mind of ECO

If they are staying for couple of months £4000 are enough but like i said no set minimum balance I'm saying this from my personal experience when I applied for my FIL visa, I had around £2000 in my account my FIL had around £3000 in his account and was being paid pensions around £250 a month

OP is the 'Original Poster' someone who starts the thread

Thanks,
Georgy1

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Aqeel wrote:
georgy1 wrote:Hi Aqueel,

Thanks for quick reply.

Well its better to have balance for few months before applying for a visit visa and in that case you dont need to prove where the money has come from. if you will boost your account just before applying will create doubts in the mind of ECO

If they are staying for couple of months £4000 are enough but like i said no set minimum balance I'm saying this from my personal experience when I applied for my FIL visa, I had around £2000 in my account my FIL had around £3000 in his account and was being paid pensions around £250 a month

OP is the 'Original Poster' someone who starts the thread

Thanks,
Georgy1

God help the UK :roll: