ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First time applying for visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aneg07
Newly Registered

First time applying for visa

Post by aneg07 » Sun May 20, 2007 1:32 pm

Hi, i'm applying for the very fist time in my life for a visa. In fact i want to make a 14 days journey in UK so i'm applying for a tourist visa.
It means that i have no visa sticks on my passport considering that it will be my very first journey out of my country (India).
Is it true that brit. high commissions don't give visas to candidates who have no visa sticks on passport and are applying for the very first time for a visa? :cry:
Thanks for your help

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun May 20, 2007 2:44 pm

Let's start with where did you get that information?

aneg07
Newly Registered

Post by aneg07 » Mon May 21, 2007 1:51 pm

Two friends of mine told me that it may be very difficult to have a tourist visa for UK if u dont have any visa sticks on your passport.
Maybe they are wrong...
Sincerely i don't know.
By the way, after heard their words i got confused :?
Is it possible? :?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon May 21, 2007 4:31 pm

And your friend's basis for saying this is??

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon May 21, 2007 4:41 pm

Aneg07, your second statement of it being difficult for first time applicants is closer to reality than the assumption that the British Embassies do not issue visas to them at all. I do vaguely remember by friend being asked whether they have even been to Europe or Schengen countries and if they have indeed been there, whether it was in the past 2 or 5 years even before they took the application in.

So, I assume there must be some internal instruction to look closely into applications from first time applicants making it a bit difficult, but certainly not impossible.
Jabi

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Mon May 21, 2007 6:22 pm

The visa officer (ECO) is interested in your ties in India that will ensure you return. If you've been abroad before - and returned - it provides some reassurance to him that you are a safer bet than someone who has never been abroad.

There is no rule requiring you to be refused on the grounds that you haven't left India before. I'd recommend concentrating on showing sound, concrete reasons why you are unlikely to overstay.

If you are really worried you can, of course, make some visits to countries neighbouring India though I doubt if that'd carry as much weight as a visit to a "developed" country would.

aneg07
Newly Registered

Post by aneg07 » Mon May 21, 2007 9:36 pm

You know, it's one of my dreams to visit that wonderful place named Scotland :P and i can say i'm plannig this journey since a was very young.
So, why should i go in a different country?
I don't intend to stay in Uk : i want only to make my journey because i'm young, i'm single, i'm working as professional and i can of course afford one 14 days journey in UK.
I know that it will be my very first time but i intend to present all the documentations to proove my intention to come back in my country after my journey:
- bank statement,
- docs of fixed deposit,
- docs of my properties,
- docs of my personal life insurance,
- letter for my employer with days of sanctioned leaves,
- tour planning,
- hotels bookings,
- flight tickets reservation.
What do u think? Are they sufficient or i should present more documents?

..i'm simply asking to have my journey.. nothing more... sometimes i wonder why one simple thing like this can be so difficult.
Let's hope for the best :wink:

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Mon May 21, 2007 10:36 pm

i'm young, i'm single
I wouldn't shout too loudly about those. They diminish rather than enhance your application. Young and single are more likely to not come back.

aneg07
Newly Registered

Post by aneg07 » Tue May 22, 2007 9:50 am

:( You are saying that i will not have my visa because i'm single and young?
Am i loosing my time asking for this visa? i will never have my visa just because i'm single and young?
So, please, just tell me an advice: it is better not to apply for?
:cry: :(

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue May 22, 2007 10:33 am

aneg07 wrote::( You are saying that i will not have my visa because i'm single and young?
Am i loosing my time asking for this visa? i will never have my visa just because i'm single and young?
So, please, just tell me an advice: it is better not to apply for?
:cry: :(
No, but imagine this from the point of view of the ECOs. You are young, fit and able to bear child; you know, Russian women in the past had it soooo hard getting a visa to W. Europe because of the perception that they'd find a partner and want to stay...like husband shopping or something. No one will bar you just because of your age or gender. But it is better to act professional in your application by not mentioning personal things. Of course apply, and be honest, but make sure you get lots of information from your employment to show you will certainly be returning because you are in a stable position back home and have no interest in over-staying and the like.

aneg07
Newly Registered

Post by aneg07 » Tue May 22, 2007 2:47 pm

Thanks Sakura.
I will apply and i will act professional in my application.
I will try and i will hope for the best.

Thanks a lot everibody