ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gap between studies

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arash_uk

Gap between studies

Post by arash_uk » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi,

I am getting stress due to some ill advice (in my view from my school).

I am here on Tier 4 visa which is valid until 26th Sep 2013 and my study finished in May 2013. Since then, I've been arranging maintenance and other documents. I am going to start my new course from 23rd Sep and book a Same Day Service appointment.

The problem is that my school told me you are likely to refuse as there is about 4 months gap between previous study and new one and they may refuse you based on the fact that you are not genuine! I explained them that I am going to apply in time and during validity of my current leave and the next course will even start before expiry of current leave. They did not accept and insist on their idea.

I read the rules and did not find such thing but their insistence makes me worry that maybe they are right.

Any advice will be appreciated.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Why did they say you are not genuine? Is it because you are a french national and now living in Turkey?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

arash_uk

Post by arash_uk » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:24 pm

No, actually the question regarding EEA family permit was for one of my friend and I mistakenly posted it as my own problem.

But this one is for my own and I am really stressful now. I am sure they are wrong but I am getting worried.

Could you please help me? I know that I can stay until my permission ends, have you seen anybody faced problem for this reason?

fahadii123
United Kingdom

they're wrong.

Post by fahadii123 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:57 pm

I'm surprised on what the school has advised you! There's a reason UKBA gives additional 3-5 months visa and it's because they want to give students time to be prepared for a new visa.
The rule is that if you've been out of studies for more than 6 months then you have to show full maintenance but I am certain that you can apply for a visa at this point as long as you've had progression on your last course and there won't be any refusals for this reason.

Good Luck :)