ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rogerq

ILR question

Post by rogerq » Mon May 21, 2007 8:02 pm

hi everybody

my wife has successfully obtained her 2 year settlement visa...what advice/suggestions/tips does anyone have for the next step, getting Indefinite Leave to Remain...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ILR question

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 21, 2007 8:04 pm

rogerq wrote:hi everybody

my wife has successfully obtained her 2 year settlement visa...what advice/suggestions/tips does anyone have for the next step, getting Indefinite Leave to Remain...
Get yer wallet out!!

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Mon May 21, 2007 9:36 pm

Wanderer wrote:

Get yer wallet out!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon May 21, 2007 9:49 pm

Wanderer wrote:

Get yer wallet out!!
:lol:

Steeve...!(shaking head)
Jabi

ruthmac
Newly Registered

Post by ruthmac » Tue May 22, 2007 4:39 am

Congratulations!

Advice from a friend whose ILR was initially refused for lack of evidence of her marriage, but subsequently granted when she submitted 60+ pieces of evidence:

"My advice to anyone planning to apply for permanent residency: start saving everything. Every bank statement, insurance policy, phone bill, Post-it note, parking ticket, Durex wrapper, milk carton, flat tyre and soggy teabag. Put it all in a big box and send it to the government. Recorded delivery, of course."

All the best. I'll be going down the same road myself soon.

rogerq

Post by rogerq » Tue May 22, 2007 7:42 pm

thanks ruthmac, for your congratulations....and also for your helpful advice, its much appreciated...