ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK Test Number

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wasiter

Life in the UK Test Number

Post by wasiter » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:55 am

Hi All,

My wife is applying for her Citizenship (got her ILR in 2011 Sep)..She has taken the Life In the UK test..but, we don't have a copy of that..

In the citizenship application form what should i tick?

1 - I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement
2 - I have successfully completed an approved ESOL with citizenship course and attach my certificate and confirmation
letter from the college.
3 - I have passed the Life in the UK test and attach confirmation. The test number is
4 - I wish to claim exemption (physical and/or mental illness may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide
grounds on page 13. Your application may fail and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for exemption are provided).

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Life in the UK Test Number

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:07 pm

wasiter wrote:Hi All,

My wife is applying for her Citizenship (got her ILR in 2011 Sep)..She has taken the Life In the UK test..but, we don't have a copy of that..

1 - I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement
2 - I have successfully completed an approved ESOL with citizenship course and attach my certificate and confirmation
letter from the college.
3 - I have passed the Life in the UK test and attach confirmation. The test number is
4 - I wish to claim exemption (physical and/or mental illness may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide
grounds on page 13. Your application may fail and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for exemption are provided).

Thanks
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wasiter

Post by wasiter » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:09 pm

D4109125 wrote:

letter from the college.

Thanks
But, how would they get the number?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:46 pm

The home office has all the details on the system.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wasiter

Post by wasiter » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:38 pm

D4109125 wrote:The home office has all the details on the system.
Ok. Thanks

wasiter

Post by wasiter » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:13 pm

wasiter wrote:
Ok. Thanks
Can i ring homeoffice and try & get the Life in the UK test number?

Iam planning to go via NCS service by Lewisham and looking @ their website it says...

******What you need to bring to your appointment***********
< original evidence of knowledge of life in the United Kingdom>

We lost the original evdidence...therefore, what can we do?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:13 pm

wasiter wrote:
wasiter wrote:
Ok. Thanks

Iam planning to go via NCS service by Lewisham and looking @ their website it says...

You do not need it if she used the LIUK certificate for her ILR.

wasiter

Post by wasiter » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:45 am

D4109125 wrote:
wasiter wrote:
wasiter wrote:
Ok. Thanks

You do not need it if she used the LIUK certificate for her ILR.
Yes, she did used. So, what if Lewisham council asked us?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:55 am

wasiter wrote:She has taken the Life In the UK test..but, we don't have a copy of that..
Where is it?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

wasiter

Post by wasiter » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:04 am

vinny wrote:
wasiter wrote:She has taken the Life In the UK test..but, we don't have a copy of that..
Where is it?
We don't have a copy of it...Therefore, we have submitted the original and we don't have the test number in hand.

Is that an issue?

In the application form there is an option
Option 1 - I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement..

Should i tick this?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:12 am

If the council ask for it, tell them to ring the Home Office and they will tell them it's not required as you met KOLL for ILR.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:18 am

Sorry, I didn't see that you had lost it. As Amber said, if you used it for ILR, then the Home Office should have a record of it. Tick Option 1 - I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

wasiter

Post by wasiter » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:18 am

D4109125 wrote:If the council ask for it, tell them to ring the Home Office and they will tell them it's not required as you met KOLL for ILR.
Thanks anyway.

The reason i put this question in the forum is because - i want to know did this happen to anyone else?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Wife is submitting the application tomorrow...Just wondering
is it mandatory that we have to submit the Passport as a EVIDENCE of Identity. She also has Provisional Driving License. Can we submit Provisional license.

The reason i was asking this question is because - what if we need passport urgently for any immediate travel?

Also, if i submit the passport and ask it back - does that mean my application is withdrawn? In that case, what happens to the application form fee?

Could someone kindly clarify please?

Thanks
Tats wrote:Are you using NCS or sending it directly?

There is the option of applying through NCS (Nationality Checking Service) at various councils where they check, photocopy and give you back any document you provide including your passport/driving licence. Then they send in your application to UKBA. You should apply through it if you want your documents or passport back.

I don't know if you can request them to return the passport without it affecting the application.
wasiter wrote:Thanks...Iam applying through NCS Lewisham. Let me check withthem
Tats wrote:Alright. Then they will return the original documents or passport/driving licence to you.

If you used driving licence to sit for the life in the UK test, then you must carry it along with the passport to NCS. The passport is needed to check/confirm absences and to also verify identity.
wasiter wrote:Yes, NCS Lewisham just confirmed that they will take a photocopy and retirn it back to you!