ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost original certficates by HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jady
Newly Registered

lost original certficates by HSMP

Post by jady » Mon May 21, 2007 9:28 pm

UK HSMP seems have lost my original MBBS degree certificate.
does anyone know the process of getting a duplicate . i have written a requsition to the
registrar, of my university .
Do I need to get a police certificate( from uk)?
Do I need an affidavit etc?
well the lesson learnt is that you really do not need to send your originals, though they say
you have to. Notarised copies are acceptable.
jady

KAYC

Re: lost original certficates by HSMP

Post by KAYC » Tue May 22, 2007 8:18 am

jady wrote:well the lesson learnt is that you really do not need to send your originals, though they say
you have to. Notarised copies are acceptable.
jady
sorry to hear about that.
Are you sure they accept Notarised copies of the original educational documents ? :roll:

debz

Post by debz » Wed May 23, 2007 7:49 am

Hi Jady,

Sorry to know about the loss of your certificate. But don't worry, you should be able to get a duplicate of the same.

My husband's all original documents (A to Z) were lost in transit by Airmail (on the way back from HSMP team). He has managed to get all duplicates issued.

In order to get the duplicate, the set of rules are laid by the university and it largely varies. So, first of all, call up the university and know the process (rather than waiting for anybody from your university to reply to your post, about the process).

Acknowledgement of police compliant may be required. In that case, it is better to say that you have lost it (maybe while shifting the house or while travelling, etc, etc). This will make the process faster, else it may complicate the process of police complaint.

In India, some universities ask for acknowledgement of police compliant or putting up an advertisement in the newspaper about the loss (with contact details) or they ask for an affidavit or something else.

All the best for procuring the duplicate.
Regards,
Debjani.

nayha04
Newly Registered

Post by nayha04 » Wed May 23, 2007 5:30 pm

debz wrote:Hi Jady,

Sorry to know about the loss of your certificate. But don't worry, you should be able to get a duplicate of the same.

My husband's all original documents (A to Z) were lost in transit by Airmail (on the way back from HSMP team). He has managed to get all duplicates issued.
Hi Debz,

Can you please tell me that how did u come to know about the HSMP decision when the airmail sent by them didn't reach you?
My documents & the decision letter have been posted by the HSMP team to my India address but I do not know the decision. Today, I called up the HSMP team to know the decision but they said that I need to wait for the airmail!! I don't know how long will that take ... or will it reach my place or not!!

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Wed May 23, 2007 5:48 pm

nayha04 wrote: Today, I called up the HSMP team to know the decision but they said that I need to wait for the airmail!! I don't know how long will that take ... or will it reach my place or not!!
Phone again and ask to speak to the caseworker who processed your application. Be polite but firm. If the phone rep asks whether you have received your documents, say, "No, and I have come to understand that in cases where the documents have been posted but not yet received, it may be possible for an applicant to speak with the caseworker."

By following the steps above I got a word with my caseworker before my documents were delivered. The caseworker told me that he had refused the application because he couldn't figure how my Previous Earnings evidence corroborated my stated Previous Earnings. I explained things to him. Once he understood, he was apologetic and encouraged me to apply for a review, though he did not make any promises about whether my review request will succeed (of course! He must not make commitments verbally, obviously). From my conversation with him I gained an understanding of what to emphasize in my review request.

If my review is unsuccessful I will just reapply with more proofs of my previous income and a detailed explanation of how to interpret them. I know that all the other aspects of my application were fine.

debz

Post by debz » Thu May 24, 2007 9:57 am

Hi Nayha04,

ball1333 is correct.. You should approach like what he suggested. But when was your documents posted? The gap should be more than the average number of days usually taken by Airmail for delivery.
Regards,
Debjani.

DASH7
Newly Registered

Lost document in transit

Post by DASH7 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:31 am

Hi,
The HSMP team returned my documents to me by Airmail , since I was unaware of the procedure to arrange a courier collection from HSMP, and courier firms do not offer this service from India.

HSMP sent my documents in an envelope that could easily be tampered with and as a result my original MBA degree certificate from USA is missing from the envelope.

HSMP guidance says, "For applications made within the UK, all documents will be dispatched using Recorded Delivery. For applications made from outside of the UK, the information will be sent by airmail."

Does this mean that UK applicants documents are more valuable than those of overseas applicants? Why does HSMP practice this discrimination between overseas applicants and UK applicants documents ? Even if HSMP posts large volumes of items overseas, they could at least send those packages containing original documents by registered post or recorded delivery so as to avoid loss in transit and to effect a claim if this happens.

I asked HSMP to compensate me for the cost of getting a duplicate MBA degree ($130) but they say they are not responsible for the loss and that I should contact Royal Mail for compensation.

Is it possible to proceed legally against HSMP in UK for this discrimination in mailing overseas applicants documents by Airmail ?

DASH7
Newly Registered

Lost document in transit

Post by DASH7 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:36 am

Hi,
The HSMP team returned my documents to me by Airmail , since I was unaware of the procedure to arrange a courier collection from HSMP, and courier firms do not offer this service from India.

HSMP sent my documents in an envelope that could easily be tampered with and as a result my original MBA degree certificate from USA is missing from the envelope.

HSMP guidance says, "For applications made within the UK, all documents will be dispatched using Recorded Delivery. For applications made from outside of the UK, the information will be sent by airmail."

Does this mean that UK applicants documents are more valuable than those of overseas applicants? Why does HSMP practice this discrimination between overseas applicants and UK applicants documents ? Even if HSMP posts large volumes of items overseas, they could at least send those packages containing original documents by registered post or recorded delivery so as to avoid loss in transit and to effect a claim if this happens.

I asked HSMP to compensate me for the cost of getting a duplicate MBA degree ($130) but they say they are not responsible for the loss and that I should contact Royal Mail for compensation.

Is it possible to proceed legally against HSMP in UK for this discrimination in mailing overseas applicants documents by Airmail ?

gordon

Post by gordon » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:06 pm

You would have known of the option to have your documents collected by courier if you had made reference to the guidance notes and contacted them in advance of your package's being despatched, and I would be very surprised if the couriers serving the point of origin (Sheffield) were not to deliver to India.

And the difference between having recorded delivery for domestic destinations but not for international ones, is very likely a function of discrimination --- but probably on the basis of price.

AG

ball1333

Re: lost original certficates by HSMP

Post by ball1333 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:56 pm

jady wrote:i have written a requsition to the
registrar, of my university .
Do I need to get a police certificate( from uk)?
Do I need an affidavit etc?
How about you wait until the registrar tells you what is required??

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:04 pm

@DASH7,

Can $130 compensate the stress you have right now? i doubt. But its not a bad point to fight for what you deserve.

Lets wait for registrars reply & i hope this might be a eye opener for the HSMP guys who literally does not care for the valuable documents which people send them trusting that the HSMP team equally know its worth. :twisted: :evil:

Cheers
ikon

DASH7
Newly Registered

Post by DASH7 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:36 am

Hi,

$130 may not compensate me for my stress and trouble I am going through , but why should I pay for the careless and discriminative policies of the HSMP ? And now I will have to obtain a degree that has the words duplicate on it. Some people say that HSMP accepts notarised copies of originals . Then why can't HSMP make this official ? They want to save money by mailing original docs overseas by airmail and many applicants have lost original docs in this manner.

I do not have friends in the UK to arrange a courier collection from HSMP and courier firms in India will only arrange this service from within the UK and not from India- More so when HSMP refuses to sign the courier papers on collection the couriers refuse altogether. There may be people in the UK who might arrange all this- but how does one trust strangers in another country with valuable original degree docs?

To solve all these issues HSMP could easily offer overseas applicants the option of a recorded delivery for an extra fee collected upfront with the application fee. HSMP could also contact universities directly to verify copies of degrees instead of insisting for and then putting applicants original documents at risk.

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:00 pm

DASH7 wrote:I do not have friends in the UK to arrange a courier collection from HSMP and courier firms in India will only arrange this service from within the UK and not from India- More so when HSMP refuses to sign the courier papers on collection the couriers refuse altogether. There may be people in the UK who might arrange all this- but how does one trust strangers in another country with valuable original degree docs?
Please stop whingeing. If you had searched this forum for references to the word "courier" before sending your application you would have learned that the Mail Boxes Etc. store in Sheffield has a very good reputation among HSMP applications, especially applicants from India, for picking up documents from the HSMP office and sending them back to applicants in India by FedEx. I can have only a small amount of sympathy for someone who did not perform due diligence and suffers as a result.

Keep in mind that any increase in the level of service provided by the HO to HSMP applicants would be directly reflected in the application fees. If you wish to see the HSMP application fee to rise to GBP 600, fine. But something tells me that someone of your temperament would be first in the queue to accuse the HO of further "discrimination" if the HSMP application fees were increased again - regardless of whether such a fee increase were enacted in order to provide a better service!!!

DASH7
Newly Registered

Mind your own business

Post by DASH7 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:06 am

Your information is not of much use to me at this point and neither am I posting on this forum for anyone’s sympathy. I bring up this topic to point out some inefficiencies in the system which can be corrected for the benefit of future applicants.

People usually join and post on internet forums when they are faced with a situation and seek consensus/redressal. Had I known about the existence of this forum earlier , I would have found and used the relevant info about couriers myself in time.

Busy professionals like myself seldom have time to post everyday on web forums except when absolutely necessary.

But there are some other people who make it their profession to post regularly on forums like this - even when their views are neither solicited nor relevant. You probably do this to earn a grander title (than member of standing) to boost your ego ; but I don’t think much of people like you.