ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ZEBRA

still waiting

Post by ZEBRA » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:31 pm

Found this link in other topic, which I think is relevant to share here who have been waiting heck like me.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 028473.pdf

xshayaanx

Re: still waiting

Post by xshayaanx » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:19 am

Great stuff.

Feb being the shortest month, they claim they had 1800 applications. Taking out the weekends, it sums up to around 81 cases per day!

Logically, you need around 15 staff churning out 5 cases per day. Mind you the settlement cases prob take longer than others, as they have ensure the checks and all.& if someone fails to notice, UKBA have made £1.8 million just for the month of Feb. Which is ample to pay for the salaries and Overheads of the operations of this particular department. What angers me, after making so much money in the shortest month of the year, the Bloody service is awful. Basing on this month there must be atleast 25,000 cases per year for Set O/LR. No wonder they keep increasing the fees everyyear. Its called milking it until they face pressure from immigrants to halt the increase (Which is never going to happen!).
Sorry Forum I couldnt help my accountant's nature to evaluate their processes.

ZEBRA wrote:Found this link in other topic, which I think is relevant to share here who have been waiting heck like me.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 028473.pdf
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:23 am

I Hope UKBA has good gender mix, otherwise I am forced to doubt their gender policy looking visa delays.
:shock: :shock: :shck: :shock: :shock:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock
jony_dhaka wrote:I think it was done by a chick. This is what happen when you piss them off and they start messing around with our life :lol:
xshayaanx wrote:I think someone has screwed latest cells by mistake on the spread sheet!!!!!!

People if you don't know how to work on a spread sheet ask someone to do it for you!!!

This is the only way we can keep track of UKBA's progress.

Actually, anyone can delete the spreadsheet (for whatever reasons!), erm may be by accident! I think , we should have a copy of this on our computers if it happens! I am being cynical here

:shock: :shock: :shck: :shock: :shock: :roll:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shocko:
Applied 17-12-13
Waiting...

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Skydrive New Link

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:59 am

Hello All,

Most of you are aware that someone opened the spread sheet in excel application and forgot to save & close.

I had to reload the latest version, please check the spread sheet to see if any of your details are changed. If this is the case then please amend it accordingly. Please spread this word across.

http://sdrv.ms/WXJG4L

Many Thanks
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

ppycrmt

Re: Skydrive New Link

Post by ppycrmt » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:35 am

Hi, don't really know how to use this skydrive except to look at it. How do you amend any details on there?
Damanisshallo wrote:Hello All,

Most of you are aware that someone opened the spread sheet in excel application and forgot to save & close.

I had to reload the latest version, please check the spread sheet to see if any of your details are changed. If this is the case then please amend it accordingly. Please spread this word across.

http://sdrv.ms/WXJG4L

Many Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Skydrives

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:00 am

Please find below the links for various timelines and the procedure to deal with the spread sheet. If ever these spread sheets are messed up, the table can be sorted by "Application Sent Date" (Column B) Ascending and then by "Passport Returned"(Column G) Ascending.

How do I put application timeline on skydrive?

Skydrive for SET(O) 10 Yr Long Residence

Skydrive for FLR(M)

Skydrive for Naturalization

Skydrive for British Passport

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.

NB: Do not insert any rows in between as this could affect the graphs. Once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, the table can be sorted by "Application Sent Date" (Column B) Ascending and then by "Passport Returned"(Column G) Ascending.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

nhbloke
Newly Registered

Re: Varying Application

Post by nhbloke » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:48 am

[quote="asjid73"][quote="nhbloke"][quote="asjid73"][quote="nhbloke"]Hi There

I am currently on Tier 2 visa which is expiring on 31 August 2013.
I will be eligible to apply for ILR (10 Yr long residence) on 24 August 2013.
I have received my SAR and everything is OK. No refusals in the last 10 Yrs.

I have made an application for Tier 4 on 19 July 2013 as I wish to study from the end of September 2013. Biometrics were given on 26 July 2013 and STILL WAITING. I was hoping that I would get a decision from UKBA before 24 Aug 13; so that I could immediately apply for ILR.

I am thinking to send my ILR application on 31 Aug 13 and vary my Tier 4 application to ILR if I don't get a decision on my Tier 4 application from UKBA before 31 Aug 13. But according to this document below (page 32)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

The application date remains the date of the original application and not the date of the variation. My fear is, [b]will UKBA treat 19 July 13 (date of my Tier 4 application) as the application date for my ILR application even if I send my ILR application on or after 24 Aug 13 (the date I become eligible to apply for ILR) and REFUSE my ILR application on the ground that I applied too EARLY?
[/b]
Can you please advice? Has anyone got any experience of this kind of situation and varying a pending application to ILR application?

Many thanks[/quote]on thing i do not understand if your visa was expiring
on 31/08/2013 and you were becoming eligible for ILR on 24/08/2013 why you made tier 4 application and stuck your self in awkward situation.
as for i understand make ILR application asap before your leave expire and instead varying tier 4 application withdraw it as soon HO takes money form your account.
As for i know one person(METRO3) on forum successfully varied his application i varied my tier 1 application on 19/04/13 first application was made Nov 12 HO send me letter on 06/13 asking me which application
i want to take further i replied them my LR application should be considered which i varied from tier 1 application to preserve my right of LR ILR[/quote]

As I am intending to study full time from September 2013, I thought I would switch to Tier 4 before I apply for ILR. Let's hope I get a decision from UKBA within next couple of days.

In your case, do you mean you applied for Tier 1 in Nov 12, then varied to ILR on 19/04/2013 when you completed the qualifying period? Have you received a decision on your ILR application yet?

Many thanks[/quote] yes i applied for tier 1 Nov12 and varied that application 19/04/13 when i completed 10 years i have not received any decision so for hopefully i will receive it in few weeks but its bit complected withdrawing application is expensive but very easy you going to lose your fee but much quicker and easy any way you can carry on your studies even you have ILR status[/quote]

On SET (LR) form page 9 it says 'For the application to be valid and complete, you must provide your original current
passport or travel document unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on
the application form.'
Three options are given 1. Lost 2. Stolen and 3. Expired for both current and previous passports. No option is available to say 'passports already with UKBA'.
My question is, if someone has another outstanding application with UKBA at the time of ILR application, their passports will be with the UKBA already (as it is in your case), What can they do to get round this on the application? What did you do on your application? Did you write a cover letter to let them know that your passports are already with UKBA?

Many thanks

ppycrmt

Re: Skydrives

Post by ppycrmt » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:04 pm

And where is the "edit workbook menu"?
Damanisshallo wrote:Please find below the links for various timelines and the procedure to deal with the spread sheet. If ever these spread sheets are messed up, the table can be sorted by "Application Sent Date" (Column B) Ascending and then by "Passport Returned"(Column G) Ascending.

How do I put application timeline on skydrive?

Skydrive for SET(O) 10 Yr Long Residence

Skydrive for FLR(M)

Skydrive for Naturalization

Skydrive for British Passport

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.

NB: Do not insert any rows in between as this could affect the graphs. Once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, the table can be sorted by "Application Sent Date" (Column B) Ascending and then by "Passport Returned"(Column G) Ascending.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:34 pm

ppycrmt wrote:And where is the "edit workbook menu"?
Skydrives, Templates

kaamartei
Newly Registered

Still Waiting

Post by kaamartei » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:57 pm

I called HO today to find out about the progress of my application. I posted my application on the 28th Feb. 2013. I was told by the lady at HO that my application is not yet six month (28 Aug, will be six month), but all thesame HO is currently working on applications submitted in Dec. So I have to keep on waiting.

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Sorry, I don't have that button, the button is replaced by "Open in Excel". Don't worry, it's a small matter. I will just inform you when I have received bio invite etc.
Damanisshallo wrote:
ppycrmt wrote:And where is the "edit workbook menu"?

jony_dhaka

Re: Still Waiting

Post by jony_dhaka » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Thanx for the update Kaamartei . Please don't forget to let us know when you will get your ILR .Wish you all the best :)
kaamartei wrote:I called HO today to find out about the progress of my application. I posted my application on the 28th Feb. 2013. I was told by the lady at HO that my application is not yet six month (28 Aug, will be six month), but all thesame HO is currently working on applications submitted in Dec. So I have to keep on waiting.

asjid73
Pakistan

Re: Varying Application

Post by asjid73 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:19 pm

nhbloke wrote:
asjid73 wrote:
nhbloke wrote:
asjid73 wrote:on thing i do not understand if your visa was expiring
on 31/08/2013 and you were becoming eligible for ILR on 24/08/2013 why you made tier 4 application and stuck your self in awkward situation.
as for i understand make ILR application asap before your leave expire and instead varying tier 4 application withdraw it as soon HO takes money form your account.
As for i know one person(METRO3) on forum successfully varied his application i varied my tier 1 application on 19/04/13 first application was made Nov 12 HO send me letter on 06/13 asking me which application
i want to take further i replied them my LR application should be considered which i varied from tier 1 application to preserve my right of LR ILR
As I am intending to study full time from September 2013, I thought I would switch to Tier 4 before I apply for ILR. Let's hope I get a decision from UKBA within next couple of days.

In your case, do you mean you applied for Tier 1 in Nov 12, then varied to ILR on 19/04/2013 when you completed the qualifying period? Have you received a decision on your ILR application yet?

Many thanks
yes i applied for tier 1 Nov12 and varied that application 19/04/13 when i completed 10 years i have not received any decision so for hopefully i will receive it in few weeks but its bit complected withdrawing application is expensive but very easy you going to lose your fee but much quicker and easy any way you can carry on your studies even you have ILR status
On SET (LR) form page 9 it says 'For the application to be valid and complete, you must provide your original current
passport or travel document unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on
the application form.'
Three options are given 1. Lost 2. Stolen and 3. Expired for both current and previous passports. No option is available to say 'passports already with UKBA'.
My question is, if someone has another outstanding application with UKBA at the time of ILR application, their passports will be with the UKBA already (as it is in your case), What can they do to get round this on the application? What did you do on your application? Did you write a cover letter to let them know that your passports are already with UKBA?

Many thanks
Dear Nhbloke yes when i send my variation application i send a covering letter with it and mention that ukba already got may passport and other paper work with initial application you can make later on an other request to ukba to linkup your paper work with varied application on application i write down ukba already got may passports and papers

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:42 pm

Someone posted this a long ago. Not sure if its true .

The way UKBA works:
1) All applications are received in a center room and get diverted to 'initial consideration unit'.

2) If the caseworker at ICU makes the decision at this stage then you get your documants back within 2 weeks normally

3) If the caseworker cannot make the decision at this stage he/she forwards the case to the 'further consideration unit' or the case management unit.

4) Now the main waiting period starts at this point. Here at the FCU or CMU the junior case worker first looks at the case and he/she consults his/her possible decision with the senior caseworker or the team leader. Especially if the decision is refusal then they have to consult it to their team leader before post it back to applicant.

5) The case might wait in a queue on the team leader desk for a while

6) After the decision is made and consulted with the team leader the case goes to implemented queue in the post room where the paperwork is getting ready for post

7) A case might also wait in the post room for a while, that is why we see the visa date 1 month before the date we received the passport. because it got stucked in a queue in the post room.

When we call the home office the telephone agents are instructed to say one of the 3 things if we enquiry about the progress of our application:

1) The case is still not completed or still in process ( it might be anywhere between 1 to 5 above)

2) The case is in the queue waiting to be seen ( it might be anywhere between 1 to 5 above)

3) We have posted to you something this date ( the decision is made but they do not tell u the decision on the phone)

The telephone agents do not say anything else apart from these 3 template sentence, they keep repeating them like robots, lol. The telephone enquiry is just a waste of time unless you are calling them to ask for your passport to be sent back.

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:22 pm

thanks for posting this. Very Useful information. This is their SOP. but how about the delays on simple and straight forward applications which could have been decided by the Junior case workers?

I think the system has gone into shambles and they really dont have a clue how to sort this mess. At the moment they are fire fighting.

What angers me most is, not only I am stuck here for my application, whenever I get my visa I would have apply for my wife's spouse visa. & Boy! they are also expecting time line for about 3-4 months. So. Like everyone else, I am screwed and this time my wedding is on hold.

THANK YOU UKBA! I will make sure I send the Home Secretary the wedding invite!

jony_dhaka wrote:Someone posted this a long ago. Not sure if its true .

The way UKBA works:
1) All applications are received in a center room and get diverted to 'initial consideration unit'.

2) If the caseworker at ICU makes the decision at this stage then you get your documants back within 2 weeks normally

3) If the caseworker cannot make the decision at this stage he/she forwards the case to the 'further consideration unit' or the case management unit.

4) Now the main waiting period starts at this point. Here at the FCU or CMU the junior case worker first looks at the case and he/she consults his/her possible decision with the senior caseworker or the team leader. Especially if the decision is refusal then they have to consult it to their team leader before post it back to applicant.

5) The case might wait in a queue on the team leader desk for a while

6) After the decision is made and consulted with the team leader the case goes to implemented queue in the post room where the paperwork is getting ready for post

7) A case might also wait in the post room for a while, that is why we see the visa date 1 month before the date we received the passport. because it got stucked in a queue in the post room.

When we call the home office the telephone agents are instructed to say one of the 3 things if we enquiry about the progress of our application:

1) The case is still not completed or still in process ( it might be anywhere between 1 to 5 above)

2) The case is in the queue waiting to be seen ( it might be anywhere between 1 to 5 above)

3) We have posted to you something this date ( the decision is made but they do not tell u the decision on the phone)

The telephone agents do not say anything else apart from these 3 template sentence, they keep repeating them like robots, lol. The telephone enquiry is just a waste of time unless you are calling them to ask for your passport to be sent back.
Applied 17-12-13
Waiting...

Benito

Post by Benito » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Nothing has changed on SkyDrive for 2 or even 3 weeks now (((
This is unbelievable...

ZEBRA

Post by ZEBRA » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Benito wrote:Nothing has changed on SkyDrive for 2 or even 3 weeks now (((
This is unbelievable...
Its nothing happening in UKBA actually.. maybe everyone is on holiday.
I check this forum everyday maybe 5 times a day to see goodnews updates. Hope for the best :roll:

Benito

Post by Benito » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:17 pm

ZEBRA wrote:
Benito wrote:Nothing has changed on SkyDrive for 2 or even 3 weeks now (((
This is unbelievable...
Its nothing happening in UKBA actually.. maybe everyone is on holiday.
I check this forum everyday maybe 5 times a day to see goodnews updates. Hope for the best :roll:
I check this forum and skydrive every Friday just to count the weeks past and to see whether someone's got a decision... its been the same picture for few weeks... there were only few refusals...

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:12 pm

Hahaha :lol: invite me as well bro . I have missed my only sister wedding , my 2 cousin wedding and also my 2 very good friends wedding in last 7 month .We all have seen a flood of ILR granted for the month of January and February 2013 .Almost all of them got there ILR within 5 month .(so ukba saved 1 month to deal with backlog ) I think most of the UKBA staff is in holiday from 2nd week of july so they are dealing with backlog ( November and December 2012) and refused applicant from (January and February 2013) now . That's why we have seen 4 refusal this month .
May be they have deal with half of the march 2013 applicant and keep rest of march applicant in halt .(including me ). :roll: What i think is we will see some improvement from next month .Anyway i have mentally prepared myself for 10 month wait when i applied .So that i don't get mental :wink: .

I have started reading this forum from the beginning .Trust me we are singing the same depressing song as they did back in 2009, 2010 :lol:

I am hoping some good news from this people from next week .(Including me )

'Amjadleeds' applied 25/10/2012 waiting for 43 weeks (Bro please start complaining to UKBA)
'nikcu0' applied 23/1/2013 waiting for 30 weeks
'dreamfriend' applied 28/1/2013 waiting for 30 weeks
'star123' applied 12/2/2013 waiting for 27 weeks
'kaamartei applied 28/2/2013 waiting for 25 weeks
'dreamingsong' applied 7/3/2013 waiting for 24 weeks
'zabra' applied 12/3/2013 waiting for 23 weeks
'anas13' applied 15/3/2013 waiting for 23 weeks
'cheeta' applied 18/3/2013 waiting for 23 weeks
jony_dhaka applied 26/3/2013 waiting for 21 weeks '8)'
'csc123456' applied 27/3/2013 waiting for 21 weeks '
'manwar' applied 1/4/2013 waiting for 21 weeks '
'kenademir' applied 3/4/2013 waiting for 20 weeks
'john100v' applied 4/4/2013 waiting for 20 weeks

xshayaanx wrote:thanks for posting this. Very Useful information. This is their SOP. but how about the delays on simple and straight forward applications which could have been decided by the Junior case workers?

I think the system has gone into shambles and they really dont have a clue how to sort this mess. At the moment they are fire fighting.

What angers me most is, not only I am stuck here for my application, whenever I get my visa I would have apply for my wife's spouse visa. & Boy! they are also expecting time line for about 3-4 months. So. Like everyone else, I am screwed and this time my wedding is on hold.

THANK YOU UKBA! I will make sure I send the Home Secretary the wedding invite!
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR is under process

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi jony_dhaka

No doubt you have missed loves one marriage ceremonies, in my case I have missed many things, my sister in law been died, my dad is sick and family flro application refused,my daughter has serious illness, not this in the past due wrong decision of home office wast 3 years after they realized they were wrong took case back, my father in law been during these three years, my cousin died etc. my application still pending from oct 2012, first ten wast by solicitor not applied, now nearly 11 month by home office, dont know how further need to wait, I can only hope for best.
So dear we all will get soon decision.
Best wishes for all.

regards
amjad leeds

ZEBRA

march2013 update

Post by ZEBRA » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:45 pm

some updates from whatdotheyknow site for March 2013 applicant.

How many postal ILR applications for form set (o) were received in March 2013?
- There were 1830 SET (O) applications received in March 2013.

Of these how many have been issued?
- 465 cases have been decided

For those not issued how many are actively being looked at by a case worker.
- 1365 cases are under consideration.

(Data generated on 2 July 2013.)

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 028497.pdf
Last edited by ZEBRA on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jony_dhaka

Re: ILR is under process

Post by jony_dhaka » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:45 pm

Brother Amjad plz read the comment of 'NoWayOut ' she was waiting for 41 weeks . Got ILR after complaining to UKBA.
Hope this will lift your soul a bit .
Wish you all the best .

Made complain :
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=740

Got ILR :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=780
amjadleeds wrote:Hi jony_dhaka

No doubt you have missed loves one marriage ceremonies, in my case I have missed many things, my sister in law been died, my dad is sick and family flro application refused,my daughter has serious illness, not this in the past due wrong decision of home office wast 3 years after they realized they were wrong took case back, my father in law been during these three years, my cousin died etc. my application still pending from oct 2012, first ten wast by solicitor not applied, now nearly 11 month by home office, dont know how further need to wait, I can only hope for best.
So dear we all will get soon decision.
Best wishes for all.

regards
amjad leeds
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

jony_dhaka

Re: march2013 update

Post by jony_dhaka » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:04 pm

ZEBRA You are a great man :D .Thanx a lot .
ZEBRA wrote:some updates from whatdotheyknow site for March 2013 applicant.

elcanja
Newly Registered

Once again here we are...

Post by elcanja » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi Damanisshallo and everyone... I was here with you guys for few months a little while ago when I made my 10 year application on August 2012 and received it on March 2013. Once again , thanks a lot as this forum was very, very helpful.
Now, I'm going to apply for my wife's ILR, also under 10 years. Her case is pretty much the same to mine, no gaps, always in time applications and all.
My question is, I've seen that since the form has changed to SET(LR) and was wondering whether anything else has actually changed in the rules? I've seen that the form now includes requests for many documents such as GP registration, council tax, P60s, etc... Basically, if anyone could just clarify whether anything new is required?

Cheers

elcanja
Newly Registered

Re: Once again here we are...

Post by elcanja » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:02 am

elcanja wrote:Hi Damanisshallo and everyone... I was here with you guys for few months a little while ago when I made my 10 year application on August 2012 and received it on March 2013. Once again , thanks a lot as this forum was very, very helpful.
Now, I'm going to apply for my wife's ILR, also under 10 years. Her case is pretty much the same to mine, no gaps, always in time applications and all.
My question is, I've seen that since the form has changed to SET(LR) and was wondering whether anything else has actually changed in the rules? I've seen that the form now includes requests for many documents such as GP registration, council tax, P60s, etc... Basically, if anyone could just clarify whether anything new is required?

Cheers

Sorry evryone, my bad. Just seen one thing... Regarding the extra documents GP, council tax and so on I asked about... "All the passports you have held during this time.
If you cannot provide them all, you must
provide the passports you have together with any Home Office letter(s) or other document(s)
granting you leave to enter and/or remain in the UK. You should also provide documents of the
type listed below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any periods for
which you are unable to provide a passport."
[/b]
Nevermind that... But still, if anyone could tell me whether anything has changed that would much appreciated. Also, my wife passsed her Life in the UK test about a year ago (we thought she could also apply with me). That's still valid right?
And oh dear... I've seen it's taking a bit of time again... Just keeo positive eberyone, I waited for 8 months and it was fu***ng horrible, I know how it feels but just try and keep calm... I'll be joining you guys on the waiting list again soon...

Cheers

Thanks again...