ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New member's few guestions :)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Asikk wrote:Hey I've got few more questions:

1)How else, apart from rent agreement, can we prove that we have establish the household?

2)So to open an account in a bank, is it necessary to a have rent agreement with both of names on it?

3)What documents we have to provide in a bank to open a
a) joint account
b) separate accounts

4)Do we have to pay council tax not to have problems with UKBA? (I'm asking because we have tried to arrange a room but most of the owners don't want to give rent agreement because it goes with council tax; and when the council tax is included in bills, the rent is very expensive for a couple)

1. Bank statement , Council Tax, telephone/broadband bills, letters from HMRC

2. not necessary. but they would like to see proof of address. believe it or nor I Bank with Barclays since 2004 and My wife since 2008 but they rejected our application for Joint Bank account in 2010

So, we went to HSBC and they accepted our application although we never had any account with them.

with HSBC .... You can open online but later they will ask you both to visit any branch to make an appointment

a. proof of address for both of us ( my Barclays and Wife barclays statement)

b. Marriage certificate. ( yes they would like to see that )

3. if you already have one bank account 2,3, 4.... even 8 bank accounts very easy. I opened Lloyds TSB and then after that went to a Halifax bank to open another account on the same day

4. not necessary at all. UKBA only want to see a rental agreement if they want to but not council tax payment

FOR british citizen application many people think it's good to show that you are paying council TAX but it's not compulsory i guess

Asikk
Newly Registered

Post by Asikk » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:10 pm

Hello again. I have few questions. I got a part-time job (24 hours a week). My husband is employed through agency full-time. What is the bottom line to prove that we can sustain the living together? My husband's employer will be paying his salary into joint account and my salary will also be paid into the joint account.

So basically my question is - is my part-time job and his income enough to prove that we can sustain living here? Is there any bottom line of funds to show? What about tax? Does it matter for UKBA that my tax will be almost zero in my case?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Asikk wrote:Hello again. I have few questions. I got a part-time job (24 hours a week). My husband is employed through agency full-time. What is the bottom line to prove that we can sustain the living together? My husband's employer will be paying his salary into joint account and my salary will also be paid into the joint account.

So basically my question is - is my part-time job and his income enough to prove that we can sustain living here? Is there any bottom line of funds to show? What about tax? Does it matter for UKBA that my tax will be almost zero in my case?

No it really doesn't matter. Part time work between 14 -20 hours is OK

no fixed amount how much EEA national should earn as long you both can survive

This tax year (2013-14) the basic Personal Allowance - or tax-free amount - is £9,440 so you will not pay TAX if salary less then that per year.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021