ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is is usual to have to leave while waiting for 4EU FAM?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RasaGarden
Newly Registered

Is is usual to have to leave while waiting for 4EU FAM?

Post by RasaGarden » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi,
My family and I moved to Ireland about two weeks ago. We are just getting settled in our house and today went on the INIS web site to find out how to get a 4EUFAM for each of our non EU family members. The rest of us are British passport holders.
On the notes for filling out the application they said that there is currently a processing time of 6 months and that they may give a stamp in your passport so that you can remain in Ireland while waiting for approval.

Below is the actual wording on the website.

Subject to consideration of your initial application, you
may be provided with an immigration stamp in your passport which is valid for the period of the application process only, i.e. a maximum of 6 months. This would enable you to remain in the State during this
period. Please note that receipt of this endorsement is not an acknowledgement of an entitlement under EU Treaty Rights. This will be
determined in due course when your application is either approved or refused.

So my question is, How often is it that they do give you the stamp so you can wait in Ireland? Is it up to someone's discretion or do they have a criteria for giving it out?

Many thanks,
Rasa

Diomond

Re: Is is usual to have to leave while waiting for 4EU FAM?

Post by Diomond » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:39 pm

RasaGarden wrote:Hi,
My family and I moved to Ireland about two weeks ago. We are just getting settled in our house and today went on the INIS web site to find out how to get a 4EUFAM for each of our non EU family members. The rest of us are British passport holders.
On the notes for filling out the application they said that there is currently a processing time of 6 months and that they may give a stamp in your passport so that you can remain in Ireland while waiting for approval.

Below is the actual wording on the website.

Subject to consideration of your initial application, you
may be provided with an immigration stamp in your passport which is valid for the period of the application process only, i.e. a maximum of 6 months. This would enable you to remain in the State during this
period. Please note that receipt of this endorsement is not an acknowledgement of an entitlement under EU Treaty Rights. This will be
determined in due course when your application is either approved or refused.

So my question is, How often is it that they do give you the stamp so you can wait in Ireland? Is it up to someone's discretion or do they have a criteria for giving it out?

Many thanks,
Rasa
If the EU national is excercising treaty rights, and all the documents are in order then non eu family members will get a temporary stamp 4 for 6 month,(with 4 to 6 weeks of application) and in this time u can leave the country as well if u wish, but u need to get re-entry visa.

RasaGarden
Newly Registered

Post by RasaGarden » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:38 am

Thank you. We were all worried we have to leave again.
Rasa