ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success Solihull, Work Permit + Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kishorbm
Newly Registered

ILR success Solihull, Work Permit + Tier 2

Post by Kishorbm » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi all,
Cant thank enough all the gurus, moderator and just about everyone who has been so helpful.
My ILR was granted today, I had a PEO appointment at Solihull.
Following are some details, it may help someone in fututre
Came to UK on 19/09/08 on Work Permit (got it stamped on passport on 11/09/08 ). Changed jobs and got Tier 2 (general) on 01/10/2010 (PEO appt).
Got appointment for PEO Solihull, booked 6 weeks prior to 22/08/13. 22nd August is 28 days before end of 5yr stay counting from date of entry into UK i.e. 19/09/08. I also found out that you can apply 28 days before 5 yrs from the date the entry clearance was stamped in passport if you enter UK within 90 days of that stamp.
Application was for myself, spouse and 1 child. used SET (O). I booked appointment just past midnight and was supposed to call UKBA to pay £100 pp as booking fee between 9-3 PM next day but due to very busy schedule I totally forgot about it. So called the day after and still managed to keep my appt. They say that they will usually cancel the booking if money paid next day.
Reached Solihull on previous night and stayed at stayed at Premiere Inn which is literally just across the street from PEO, got a good deal (£39 for a family room for 1 night). Parked at Lode lane car park which is very convenient.
Reached PEO about 45 mins before the appointment and the helpful staff allowed me in and made me comfortable as had a very young baby with us. Within 10 mins got a token number and 10 mins later was called at a counter. The lady took my passports, forms and documents. She also took the payment. There is a form to read and sign which basically asks you if you have read the rules of immigration etc and give consent for all the checks done. It also says majority of applications with be processed same day but with no guarantees. It says if you have documents about finances from outside UK or other documents which need verification from outside UK then it may not be possible to give decision the same day.
Then asked to wait for biometric, which was done in another 10 mins. Then advised to come back after 2 hrs, when I went after 2 hrs they said another 30-45 mins (thats when I started to get worried).
After 45 mins I was allowed to sit in the waiting room and soon they called my token number and informed that ILR is granted and biometrics will reach in 7-10 days by signed delivery.
Documents attached
1) all current and old passports for everyone in the form
2) BRP cards
3) 6 months bank statements for salary account
4) 6 month statements from another account which showed savings - but they didnt need it.
5) Salary slips for past 6 months from current company
6) Letter from current employers - that I'm needed as an employee, my pay is more than appropriate rate of pay, my SOC code. Also I used internet payslips, so a letter confirming that they are true. A letter about my 20 days absence on annual leave.
7) Old employer payslips and a letter confirming my date of employments
8 ) 5 P60s but wasn't needed
9) LIUK certificates
10) Cohab documents for myself and wife (6 each for last 2 yrs)
11) Tier 2 approval letters - but not needed

Good luck to all!
Last edited by Kishorbm on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Congrats

Prash_13
Newly Registered

Post by Prash_13 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Congrats!

Did you submit the WP letter? Orginial or copy? Did CW asked any questions?

Can you please share the format of the previous employer letter? - (7) Old employer payslips and a letter confirming my date of employments.

Thanks

Kishorbm
Newly Registered

Post by Kishorbm » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:28 pm

Prash_13 wrote:Congrats!

Can you please share the format of the previous employer letter? - (7) Old employer payslips and a letter confirming my date of employments.

Thanks
Hi Prash
No questions asked, she just took my documents and asked me to leave. I did submit my original Work Permit but wasnt checked.
The letter from previous employer just said that " I confirm that Mr. XYZ was an employee of ABC from dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy. Please feel to contact me if you need any further clarifications.

ILRGeneral
Newly Registered

Post by ILRGeneral » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi Kishore,

Is that mandatory to provide the previous employer payslips, absence letters, employment letter specifying the dates.

Regards
S
Kishorbm wrote:

Thanks
Hi Prash
No questions asked, she just took my documents and asked me to leave. I did submit my original Work Permit but wasnt checked.
The letter from previous employer just said that " I confirm that Mr. XYZ was an employee of ABC from dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy. Please feel to contact me if you need any further clarifications.

Kishorbm
Newly Registered

Post by Kishorbm » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:18 am

ILRGeneral wrote:Hi Kishore,

Is that mandatory to provide the previous employer payslips, absence letters, employment letter specifying the dates.

Regards
S
Kishorbm wrote:

Thanks

Hi Prash
Hi,
It is mandatory to show that you were following the immigration rules when you were on work permit or any other visa prior to Tier 2. That can be shown by submitting a letter with employment dates from previous employer (best choice) or submit all payslips for the concerned period, so P60s. If you were absent during employment then I guess you would need a letter as well.
Hope this helps.