ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates on Zambrano applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wiggsy

Re: Zanbrano refusal

Post by wiggsy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:02 pm

evie233 wrote:
anya05 wrote:Hi everyone
Its my first time on here but have been reading all u guys post..I have received my refusal from HO 1. They dont see any reason why my daughter cant live with her dad, and if the dad is employed or unwilling to take care of his child thats not a reason for him not to have her. We have been separated over 7yrs now my daughter is 8 and cant even remember him.
2.Moreover u work 36 hours at night, the person/persons she stay with can have her whilst I go home.

please help I need some advice they direct me to article 8 and right to appeal. Also I have an application pending since 2001 under marriage when we separate they HO was notify by my solicitor and my solicitor ask for my case to be turn over to article8, but no reply.
If you were given the right of appeal, please appeal, HO has no right to refuse you , and am sure most of those case workers don't know about zambrano...so please before thinking of article 8, try and appeal first with a good lawyer, cos according to what we have heard, most of them don't know jack about zambrano...and if you don't mind me asking, when did you apply, and when did you get refused?

Even if not given the right of appeal, APPEAL ANYWAY...

LEGALLY Zambrano has a right of appeal!

Download the forms from the MoJ website if you havent been sent them.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:04 pm

kiss300 wrote:just want to ask if anyone knows if the zambrano residence card can be used to travel to other EU countries without visa? i want help with it
Ireland told me that it all depends on if it is the equivilant of an Residence Card of a family member of an EEA national...

but thats open to debate, - but considering you have to be a direct relative, I would state YES. - take a copy of the legislation that states you need to be a family member (etc)... and then your RC, and so on... all the same, the visa must be issued free of charge.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:17 pm

@wiggsy just want to ask if anyone knows if the zambrano residence card can be used to travel to other EU countries without visa? i want help with it

wiggsy

Re: Zanbrano refusal

Post by wiggsy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:19 pm

anya05 wrote:Hi everyone
Its my first time on here but have been reading all u guys post..I have received my refusal from HO 1. They dont see any reason why my daughter cant live with her dad, and if the dad is employed or unwilling to take care of his child thats not a reason for him not to have her. We have been separated over 7yrs now my daughter is 8 and cant even remember him.
2.Moreover u work 36 hours at night, the person/persons she stay with can have her whilst I go home.

please help I need some advice they direct me to article 8 and right to appeal. Also I have an application pending since 2001 under marriage when we separate they HO was notify by my solicitor and my solicitor ask for my case to be turn over to article8, but no reply.

1) a child minder is not a primary carer.

it is like saying "because the child goes to school then place the kid with social services"

2) ensure you raise article 24 - rights of children TFEU up, as this is a key right that children have...
Whilst we are arguing two points on my wifes appeal - take a look at our
appeal letter for some ideas...

and ensure you raise the actual wording of TFEU 20:

The case of Ruiz Zambrano (Case C-34/09 of the European Court of Judgement (ECJ) http://www.bailii.org/eu/cases/EUECJ/2011/C3409.html) had the following ruling:
Article 20 TFEU is to be interpreted as meaning that it precludes a Member State from refusing a third country national upon whom his minor children, who are European Union citizens, are dependent, a right of residence in the Member State of residence and nationality of those children, and from refusing to grant a work permit to that third country national, in so far as such decisions deprive those children of the genuine enjoyment of the substance of the rights attaching to the status of European Union citizen.

Note that there are numerous articles to be found on Google in relation to this case. I list a few of the webpages here:

http://www.ein.org.uk/blog/how-zambrano ... egulations
http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2011/03/ ... onsidered/ http://www.latitudelaw.com/news/family- ... r-effects/

http://www.eucharter.org/home.php?page_id=31
remember that the court must be guided by the primary consideration of the child’s best interests (Article 24(2) of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union (‘the Charter’))...

and of the same charter... 24(3) states:
3. Every child shall have the right to maintain on a regular basis a personal relationship and direct contact with both his or her parents, unless that is contrary to his or her interests.
NOTE: Skype, ETC is not DIRECT contact... < and this is established as a RIGHT in the TFEU. - Nobody - even a court, can argue with such clear wording!
Article 24 of the Charter is based on the New York Convention on the Rights of the Child signed on 20 November 1989 and ratified by all the Member States, Article 3 of which provides that, ‘n all actions concerning children, whether undertaken by public or private social welfare institutions, courts of law, administrative authorities or legislative bodies, the best interests of the child shall be a primary consideration’.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:28 pm

kiss300 wrote:@wiggsy just want to ask if anyone knows if the zambrano residence card can be used to travel to other EU countries without visa? i want help with it
To: "info@justice.ie" <info@justice.ie>
cc:
Date : 20/02/2013
Subject: Fw: Indonesian wife and mother of UK citizens

Dear Sir(s),

Please see below for my emails. I will summarise here:

I am interested in myself and my wife working - to enable us to work in the
RoI being a British national, I can legally work in Ireland due to the
Common Travel Area. However, My wifes right to reside / work comes from me
being an EEA national. Free movement Directive 2004/38/EC specifically
states in Article 10 that a visa requirement is to be removed, and a visa
can be replaced by use of a family residence permit issued by any EEA
member state. I simply wish to know if a Derivative Residence Card would be
considered to cover this Residence Card mentioned in Article 10.
I also note that ECJ case C-459/99 (MRAX vs Kingdom of Belgium) ruled the
following:
a Member State may not send back at the border a third country national who
is married to a national of a Member State and attempts to enter its
territory without being in possession of a valid identity card or passport
or, if necessary, a visa, where he is able to prove his identity and the
conjugal ties.

Should myself and my wife wish to travel to Ireland without a visa, it
appears that this is perfectly legal under Directive 2004/38/EC. However,
we would wish to work in Ireland.

Dear Wayne,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

I'll deal with your queries by email, if that's what you'd prefer. On
occasion it's more straightforward to go through queries over the phone.

Non-nationals who are family members of a European Union citizen and
holders of a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union
citizen” as referred to in Article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC of the
European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004, are not subject to
an Irish visa requirement. You'll need to confirm with the issuing
authority of the card whether the residence card issued to your wife falls
under this category.

If your wife makes an application for a Visa, she is not obliged to travel
to London to lodge it, she may post the application and include a self
addressed envelope.

This link provides information about making an application at our London
Visa Office:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

Information about EU treaty rights and making an application is available
under the following links:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

Kind regards,

Claire
Visa Customer Services
Visa Office, Dublin
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Services
It's vague, but one could easily argue it considering the wording of 15A stating that you need to be a direct relative... :)

anya05
Newly Registered

Re: Zambrano rerefuse

Post by anya05 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Thank you very much for your help, I will take this information to my solicitor.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:05 am

not sure if this is useful to anybody....
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sponse.pdf

Indie007
Newly Registered

Post by Indie007 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:08 am

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:01 pm

Indie007 wrote:This might be helpful

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... _iran.html
Thanks very much... I have skimmed it, and it Looks very useful!... I like the points made in appendix 2 - Para 8 and 9... UKBA dont appear to be making clear submissions of what the childs best interests are and how they are being considered...

and then
I consequently find that the decision of the First-tier Tribunal contained an error of law capable of affecting the outcome of the appeal and for this reason I set it aside. The scope of that hearing is to be restricted to a consideration of Article 8 ECHR,
surely establishes that ECHR's need assessing properly...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Obie, I subscribed to FM but never get any messages about updates etc... Do they send out news/update emails?

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:27 am

@kofi75 i wish you all the best

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 pm

kiss300 wrote:@kofi75 i wish you all the best
me too Kofi, I can't wait.

bigbum
Newly Registered

zambramo

Post by bigbum » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:31 pm

Can any give me number or an email to contact regarding zambrano application my COA was not renew and no respond from ukba need advice please thank you

debab
Newly Registered

Post by debab » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:00 am

sarahassy wrote:
kiss300 wrote:@kofi75 i wish you all the best
me too Kofi, I can't wait.
All the best kofi75,,keep us posted..

wiggsy

Re: zambramo

Post by wiggsy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:41 am

bigbum wrote:Can any give me number or an email to contact regarding zambrano application my COA was not renew and no respond from ukba need advice please thank you
got a small ukba contact list here.

@Kofi...

Any news yet bud?
For anybody effected, I hope that my Surinder Singh Route Information Pages help.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:15 pm

lilymartin90 [at] gmail.com at Canadian Broadcasting Company (CBC) is looking for migrants willing to talk about impact of the #GoHome campaign < if anybody here would like to share their story :)
For anybody effected, I hope that my Surinder Singh Route Information Pages help.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:16 pm

hi guys what is going on? any good news yet? it looks like the forum is dead now. pple bring life to it

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:51 pm

got no news to post I guess...? @Kofi... any news bud? :)

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi fellow Zambrano applicants, I just want to share some good news: I have been granted 30months Leave as a parent. I applied for FLR(o) after my Zambrano refusal in July. Though i appealed the Zambrano refusal, the date of appeal has not been communicated to me but after 1 month of submitting my FLR(o) application, my visa has been granted. I will withdraw my appeal because i really want to move on with my life. I wish you all the best as you fight on and i am praying for everyone of you to celebrate your good news too, Amen!

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:02 pm

GLH2012 wrote:Hi fellow Zambrano applicants, I just want to share some good news: I have been granted 30months Leave as a parent. I applied for FLR(o) after my Zambrano refusal in July. Though i appealed the Zambrano refusal, the date of appeal has not been communicated to me but after 1 month of submitting my FLR(o) application, my visa has been granted. I will withdraw my appeal because i really want to move on with my life. I wish you all the best as you fight on and i am praying for everyone of you to celebrate your good news too, Amen!
Oh that's good news, I am so happy for you, after all the struggles, now you can visit home, at least now you are free....Haleluyah! :D

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:44 pm

@GLH2012 I am happy for you. i am following you lead now. please can u update me as to how to go about it. i am going to see my lawyer about it. so i want to get all the information before i go and see him.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 pm

kiss300 wrote:@GLH2012 I am happy for you. i am following you lead now. please can u update me as to how to go about it. i am going to see my lawyer about it. so i want to get all the information before i go and see him.
Thanks kiss300, I'll give you any information you need. Basically I filled the FLR (o), especially ticked the 'parent in the UK' and sole responsibility boxes. Your solicitor have to explain in the covering letter how you are the carer for your child. Mine argued Article 8 and 3, ZH Tanzania and Zambrano. EX.1 is for single mothers/parents so be careful as applicants who are still with their partners are being refused. My solicitor even mentioned my Zambrano refusal as well as the Secretary of State suggesting FLR(o) paid application. Documents i submitted were same used for Zambrano application. So all the best.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:37 pm

evie233 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:Hi fellow Zambrano applicants, I just want to share some good news: I have been granted 30months Leave as a parent. I applied for FLR(o) after my Zambrano refusal in July. Though i appealed the Zambrano refusal, the date of appeal has not been communicated to me but after 1 month of submitting my FLR(o) application, my visa has been granted. I will withdraw my appeal because i really want to move on with my life. I wish you all the best as you fight on and i am praying for everyone of you to celebrate your good news too, Amen!
Oh that's good news, I am so happy for you, after all the struggles, now you can visit home, at least now you are free....Haleluyah! :D
Thank you evie233. You are right am going to visit home soon. How about you? What's going on now?

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:38 pm

GLH2012 wrote:
kiss300 wrote:@GLH2012 I am happy for you. i am following you lead now. please can u update me as to how to go about it. i am going to see my lawyer about it. so i want to get all the information before i go and see him.
Thanks kiss300, I'll give you any information you need. Basically I filled the FLR (o), especially ticked the 'parent in the UK' and sole responsibility boxes. Your solicitor have to explain in the covering letter how you are the carer for your child. Mine argued Article 8 and 3, ZH Tanzania and Zambrano. EX.1 is for single mothers/parents so be careful as applicants who are still with their partners are being refused. My solicitor even mentioned my Zambrano refusal as well as the Secretary of State suggesting FLR(o) paid application. Documents i submitted were same used for Zambrano application. So all the best.
Is it possible to put in an article 8 application while I have an application pending? Cos I am really tired of waiting now, I just want my proof of ID and proof to work on it..