ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address problem for EEA3

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DC1982
Newly Registered

Address problem for EEA3

Post by DC1982 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi,

I'm an EU citizen who moved to England on the 9th of October 2008. I've been employed since the 17th of November 2008. I'm about to apply for my permanent residency.

But I find myself in a predicament.

When I moved, I stayed with my cousin (a British citizen by birth) for a few months. I can provide a letter, signed from him to prove that.

Afterwards, I moved to another flat, in which accommodation was shared between 5 people. I was a lodger so I didn't have a tenancy agreement. After a year or so (March 2010), new people came in and, all of the sudden, things that were arriving by post started going missing. So I decided to use my aunt's address ( A British citizen too) for important mail (like bank statements, my driving licence and payslips..). When I moved out in the end of 2011, I had became distrustful and kept using my aunt's address (with her permission of course) for important mail.

Now, here is the predicament. In every payslip or bank statement since 2010, my aunt's address shows up. My aunt wouldn't have a problem, if I used her address in my EEA3 application (and eventually my Citizenship application) but she's registered as a single tenant in her Council and I'm afraid that she'll lose her single tenant discount, if cross checks are made with the local council, in whose authority her address is.

I've set up a mail box and have started using that address for payslips and bank statements, but I'm not certain I'll be able to use a mail box address (although it looks like a normal address to anyone, unless he/she googles it..) to apply for my EEA3 and then my Citizenship.

I've been lodging with a family for the last year, but I kept using my aunt's address out of uncertainty. I don't have any document to prove that I live in that address, since everything arrives at my aunt's place.

Should I apply with my aunt's address, my actual address (which I can't prove) or my mail box address (in which I've received a payslip and a bank statement) and hope that nobody will really check? I sought legal advice but the reply I got was, to 'go to the Home Office in Croydon and ask in person', since she wasn't certain either.

I have no debt and no bailiffs are waiting on me. Clean criminal record and I've been employed continuously since November 2008 at the same company.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:38 am

Were you employed all that time? What address in on your P60s. Use that.

DC1982
Newly Registered

Post by DC1982 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:02 pm

Yes, I was and am employed by the same company. My aunt's address is on my P60's. I just don't want to get her in trouble with the council authorities since she's registered as a single tenant. Do you think I'm going to cause her any problems?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:39 pm

Well, if it's all over the P60s the damage would have been done. Apply and be done with it.