ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: ILR is under process

Post by amjadleeds » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:08 am

jony_dhaka wrote:Brother Amjad plz read the comment of 'NoWayOut ' she was waiting for 41 weeks . Got ILR after complaining to UKBA.
Hope this will lift yorr soul a bit .
Wish you all the best .

Made complain :
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=740

Got ILR :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=780
amjadleeds wrote:Hi jony_dhaka

No doubt you have missed loves one marriage ceremonies, in my case I have missed many things, my sister in law been died, my dad is sick and family flro application refused,my daughter has serious illness, not this in the past due wrong decision of home office wast 3 years after they realized they were wrong took case back, my father in law been during these three years, my cousin died etc. my application still pending from oct 2012, first ten wast by solicitor not applied, now nearly 11 month by home office, dont know how further need to wait, I can only hope for best.
So dear we all will get soon decision.
Best wishes for all.

regards
amjad leeds
Thank Johny, you are great, you always give courage to all forum members. Yes I have approached to MP, He wrote to them last week, waiting HO reply.
Regards
Amjad Leeds

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:59 am

haha! Jony sure thing :)!

I hope you get your visa soon , with all of us. Great work in digging out past data, I,too,was reading and its the same delays and people had to endure uncertainty.
The refusals were based on the flaws in the relevant cases. but it does show that the cases are somewhere floating around. I can imagine Sep will be a busier month.

[quote="jony_dhaka"]Hahaha :lol: invite me as well bro . I have missed my only sister wedding , my 2 cousin wedding and also my 2 very good friends wedding in last 7 month .We all have seen a flood of ILR granted for the month of January and February 2013 .Almost all of them got there ILR within 5 month .(so ukba saved 1 month to deal with backlog ) I think most of the UKBA staff is in holiday from 2nd week of july so they are dealing with b
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:03 am

@Amjad when I look at your case, things are not that bad with me. I really hope that you get your decision soon. Good luck.
amjadleeds wrote:Hi jony_dhaka

No doubt you have missed loves one marriage ceremonies, in my case I have missed many things, my sister in law been died, my dad is sick and family flro application refused,my daughter has serious illness, not this in the past due wrong decision of home office wast 3 years after they realized they were wrong took case back, my father in law been during these three years, my cousin died etc. my application still pending from oct 2012, first ten wast by solicitor not applied, now nearly 11 month by home office, dont know how further need to wait, I can only hope for best.
So dear we all will get soon decision.
Best wishes for all.

regards
amjad leeds
Applied 17-12-13
Waiting...

xshayaanx

Re: Once again here we are...

Post by xshayaanx » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:10 am

My understanding is SET LR, has been simplified. In my case I applied in July. I just provided them with all my passports, Life in UK test and photocopies of passports.
The form asks for NI number , so if they want to look at my economic contribution they can simply check there. My payroll gets updated everymonth with HM Revenue, thanks to the new system.
I think they have done a good thing to separate ten years from setO. All they need to check now if this person was in the country legally, no offences/criminal record and no gaps. Should take five minutes to decide on application!

elcanja wrote:
elcanja wrote:Hi Damanisshallo and everyone... I was here with you guys for few months a little while ago when I made my 10 year application on August 2012 and received it on March 2013. Once again , thanks a lot as this forum was very, very helpful.
Now, I'm going to apply for my wife's ILR, also under 10 years. Her case is pretty much the same to mine, no gaps, always in time applications and all.
My question is, I've seen that since the form has changed to SET(LR) and was wondering whether anything else has actually changed in the rules? I've seen that the form now includes requests for many documents such as GP registration, council tax, P60s, etc... Basically, if anyone could just clarify whether anything new is required?

Cheers

Sorry evryone, my bad. Just seen one thing... Regarding the extra documents GP, council tax and so on I asked about... "All the passports you have held during this time.
If you cannot provide them all, you must
provide the passports you have together with any Home Office letter(s) or other document(s)
granting you leave to enter and/or remain in the UK. You should also provide documents of the
type listed below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any periods for
which you are unable to provide a passport."
[/b]
Nevermind that... But still, if anyone could tell me whether anything has changed that would much appreciated. Also, my wife passsed her Life in the UK test about a year ago (we thought she could also apply with me). That's still valid right?
And oh dear... I've seen it's taking a bit of time again... Just keeo positive eberyone, I waited for 8 months and it was fu***ng horrible, I know how it feels but just try and keep calm... I'll be joining you guys on the waiting list again soon...

Cheers

Thanks again...
Applied 17-12-13
Waiting...

naqeeb

Can anyone update on Sky Drive

Post by naqeeb » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Helllo,

Can anyone update on Skydrive as i cant see the edit button. Applied August 2012 but got only Leave to remain for 2 years as Home Office lost my Knowledge of Life in Uk test Certificate (K.O.L).

New Application after passing my K.O.L test again

Applied on 19/08/13 - money deducted on 21/08/13 but not received acknowledgement yet.

7 Year Student + 2 Year Fresh Talent + 1 Year Appeals and Tribunal + 1 Year Leave to Remain

Naqeeb

jony_dhaka

Re: Can anyone update on Sky Drive

Post by jony_dhaka » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:05 pm

WHAT !! :evil: UKBA lost your life in uk test certificate !! But thats not your fault !! plus they should have a record of ur pass . WTF !! :shock: That's why they gave you 2 year leave to remain .Its is clear that home office treat immigrant like a donkey .

Don't British feel shame to ask illegal migrant to Go home when British were illegally in India for 200 years.!!
naqeeb wrote:Helllo,

Can anyone update on Skydrive as i cant see the edit button. Applied August 2012 but got only Leave to remain for 2 years as Home Office lost my Knowledge of Life in Uk test Certificate (K.O.L).

Applied on 19/08/13 - money deducted on 21/08/13 but not received acknowledgement yet.

7 Year Student + 2 Year Fresh Talent + 1 Year Appeals and Tribunal + 1 Year Leave to Remain

Naqeeb
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi please can you share your case , thank hope v all will get soon regards Anjum

naqeeb

Post by naqeeb » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:51 pm

When they gave the decision i was not entitled to appeal against that decision. So i sent a complaint which went on deaf years, consulted a solicitor who said they don't accept copies and i didnt want to risk another delay in bureaucratic process.

So financially affected as well big time in passing the test and paying the fees again and going through the anxious wait again. Some times feel like packing and say get it up 2 but patience bears virtue.

Naqeeb
jony_dhaka wrote:WHAT !! :evil: UKBA lost your life in uk test certificate !! But thats not your fault !! plus they should have a record of ur pass . WTF !! :shock: That's why they gave you 2 year leave to remain .Its is clear that home office treat immigrant like a donkey .

Don't British feel shame to ask illegal migrant to Go home when British were illegally in India for 200 years.!!

Naqeeb

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:56 pm

Bloody hell! this is so unheard of! They can 'conveniently' loose anyone's documents and 'grant' visa as may please themselves. What kind of system is this! and then on top you are not allowed to appeal against the decision. Depending on the circumstances, I would have taken UKBA to cleaners honestly! This is just well out of order!

naqeeb wrote:When they gave the decision i was not entitled to appeal against that decision. So i sent a complaint which went on deaf years, consulted a solicitor who said they don't accept copies and i didnt want to risk another delay in bureaucratic process.

So financially affected as well big time in passing the test and paying the fees again and going through the anxious wait again. Some times feel like packing and say get it up 2 but patience bears virtue.

Naqeeb
jony_dhaka wrote:WHAT !! :evil: UKBA lost your life in uk test certificate !! But thats not your fault !! plus they should have a record of ur pass . WTF !! :shock: That's why they gave you 2 year leave to remain .Its is clear that home office treat immigrant like a donkey .

Naqeeb
Applied 17-12-13
Waiting...

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:03 pm

Lets not waste our energies digging up the past. Lets focus on status quo and red tape!
I think there is some procedure where you can ask for another test certificate from the test centre. I did my life in UK test in two minutes 10 seconds !

Naqeeb
:twisted: :oops:
Applied 17-12-13
Waiting...

stranded
Newly Registered

Post by stranded » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:08 pm

[quote="naqeeb"]When they gave the decision i was not entitled to appeal against that decision. So i sent a complaint which went on deaf years, consulted a solicitor who said they don't accept copies and i didnt want to risk another delay in bureaucratic process.

Naqeeb

[quote="jony_dhaka"][b]WHAT[/b] !! :evil: UKBA lost your life in uk test certificate !! But thats not your fault !! plus they should have a record of ur pass . WTF !! :shock: That's why they gave you 2 year leave to remain .Its is clear that home office treat immigrant like a donkey .

Don't British feel shame to ask illegal migrant to [b]Go home[/b] when British were illegally in India for [b]200[/b] years.!!

[quote="naqeeb"]Helllo,

Naqeeb[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Hi naqeeb why were you given two years leave why not let you remain on your old grant as they don't only give right to appeal to people with valid leave to remain. If your current leave to remain was finishing then it is justified can you explain a bit please

naqeeb

Post by naqeeb » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:29 pm

They gave me 2 year leave to Remain so i can pass the K.O.L test and then re-apply again. I asked the test centre if they can issue another certificate as i had a copy but they say they cant as they input on the system and give candidates a original.

DIdnt want to complicate my case further so passed the test again and paid the fees again thinking i just donated the money to charity.

Naqeeb
stranded wrote:
naqeeb wrote:When they gave the decision i was not entitled to appeal against that decision. So i sent a complaint which went on deaf years, consulted a solicitor who said they don't accept copies and i didnt want to risk another delay in bureaucratic process.

Naqeeb

Naqeeb
Hi naqeeb why were you given two years leave why not let you remain on your old grant as they don't only give right to appeal to people with valid leave to remain. If your current leave to remain was finishing then it is justified can you explain a bit please

stranded
Newly Registered

Post by stranded » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:48 pm

[quote="naqeeb"]They gave me 2 year leave to Remain so i can pass the K.O.L test and then re-apply again. I asked the test centre if they can issue another certificate as i had a copy but they say they cant as they input on the system and give candidates a original.

DIdnt want to complicate my case further so passed the test again and paid the fees again thinking i just donated the money to charity.

Naqeeb

[quote="stranded"][quote="naqeeb"]When they gave the decision i was not entitled to appeal against that decision. So i sent a complaint which went on deaf years, consulted a solicitor who said they don't accept copies and i didnt want to risk another delay in bureaucratic process.

Naqeeb

[quote="jony_dhaka"][b]WHAT[/b] !! :evil: UKBA lost your life in uk test certificate !! But thats not your fault !! plus they should have a record of ur pass . WTF !! :shock: That's why they gave you 2 year leave to remain .Its is clear that home office treat immigrant like a donkey .

Don't British feel shame to ask illegal migrant to [b]Go home[/b] when British were illegally in India for [b]200[/b] years.!!

[quote="naqeeb"]Helllo,

Naqeeb[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Hi naqeeb why were you given two years leave why not let you remain on your old grant as they don't only give right to appeal to people with valid leave to remain. If your current leave to remain was finishing then it is justified can you explain a bit please[/quote][/quote]

This way we can never prove we mailed them the K.O.L certificate if they keep on losing them I am sure it happened with someone before as well it was mentioned on this forum like start of this year. About your visa you got two years was your current visa expired then because some people over here are on tier 1 and 2 and if they get this new 2 years visa they cannot apply ILR when they are due on their 5th year really strange policy

naumanch
Newly Registered

10 years long residency

Post by naumanch » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:05 pm

hi dear
i was confused which documents we need to send with set(LR) ans what is current processing time.
thanks

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residency

Post by amjadleeds » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:28 pm

naumanch wrote:hi dear
i was confused which documents we need to send with set(LR) ans what is current processing time.
thanks
Hi my ilr is under process last 11months few of us got early no hard and fast rule regards Amjad

naumanch
Newly Registered

Post by naumanch » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:40 pm

thankx amjad
pl guide me which documents i need to send.
thankx

R556

Post by R556 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:02 pm

naumanch wrote:thankx amjad
thankx
Passport(s) + Photocopies of all passports, all previous visas and biometric cards and entry and exit stamps + Last Biometric card if you have one + Set (LR) + 2 Recent passport size photographs

jony_dhaka

Re: 10 years long residency

Post by jony_dhaka » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Documents you need to send :

Documents you must send( with photocopy ) :
1. Life in the UK test pass original certificate .
2.Your current passport or travel document. If you last entered the UK on a previous passport or travel document, please also provide this document if you have it.
3.Your Biometrics Residence Permit if you have been issued with one since entering the UK.
4. Your 2 Photograph as guided by UKBA
Photograph Guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ce0409.pdf

Optional documents if you have :
1.Your police registration certificate if you have been asked to register with the police
2.Doctor’s letter(s) showing registration for each year of your stay and lettes from hospital(s) or other local health service(s). If you have .

If you worked part time or full time during your 10 year stay documents you need to send :

1.National Insurance contribution records for each year of your stay or P60 forms.
2.HM Revenue and Custom/Inland Revenue letter(s) and/or P60 statements of income tax paid.
3.Employer(s) letter(s) confirming the dates during which you have been employed

If you was in uk as a student for 10 years or dependent and don't have any children then don't worry about this :

>Council tax
>Gas, electricity and water
>Department for Work and Pensions letter
>Full birth certificate
>Mortgage document(s)

Page 18 and 19

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... formlr.pdf

Current processing time :

The service standards:
Decide 95% of postal applications within six months; and decide 90% of applications made in person at a public enquiry office on the same day.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

Reality is there is no time limit how long you have to wait . For you it could be 3 month or 12 month .

PLEASE MUST READ THIS BEFORE YOU APPLY :
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Wish you all the best .
naumanch wrote:hi dear
thanks
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

R556

Post by R556 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:22 pm

R556 wrote:
naumanch wrote:thankx amjad
thankx
Passport(s) + Photocopies of all passports, all previous visas and biometric cards and entry and exit stamps + Last Biometric card if you have one + Set (LR) + 2 Recent passport size photographs

Sorry I missed to write "life in UK test". If applying on the basis of 10 Years I'll advise to not to send unnecessary documents to speed up the process.

nhbloke
Newly Registered

Re: Varying Application

Post by nhbloke » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:59 pm

[quote="asjid73"][quote="nhbloke"][quote="asjid73"][quote="nhbloke"][quote="asjid73"][quote="nhbloke"]Hi There

I am currently on Tier 2 visa which is expiring on 31 August 2013.
I will be eligible to apply for ILR (10 Yr long residence) on 24 August 2013.
I have received my SAR and everything is OK. No refusals in the last 10 Yrs.

I have made an application for Tier 4 on 19 July 2013 as I wish to study from the end of September 2013. Biometrics were given on 26 July 2013 and STILL WAITING. I was hoping that I would get a decision from UKBA before 24 Aug 13; so that I could immediately apply for ILR.

I am thinking to send my ILR application on 31 Aug 13 and vary my Tier 4 application to ILR if I don't get a decision on my Tier 4 application from UKBA before 31 Aug 13. But according to this document below (page 32)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

The application date remains the date of the original application and not the date of the variation. My fear is, [b]will UKBA treat 19 July 13 (date of my Tier 4 application) as the application date for my ILR application even if I send my ILR application on or after 24 Aug 13 (the date I become eligible to apply for ILR) and REFUSE my ILR application on the ground that I applied too EARLY?
[/b]
Can you please advice? Has anyone got any experience of this kind of situation and varying a pending application to ILR application?

Many thanks[/quote]on thing i do not understand if your visa was expiring
on 31/08/2013 and you were becoming eligible for ILR on 24/08/2013 why you made tier 4 application and stuck your self in awkward situation.
as for i understand make ILR application asap before your leave expire and instead varying tier 4 application withdraw it as soon HO takes money form your account.
As for i know one person(METRO3) on forum successfully varied his application i varied my tier 1 application on 19/04/13 first application was made Nov 12 HO send me letter on 06/13 asking me which application
i want to take further i replied them my LR application should be considered which i varied from tier 1 application to preserve my right of LR ILR[/quote]

As I am intending to study full time from September 2013, I thought I would switch to Tier 4 before I apply for ILR. Let's hope I get a decision from UKBA within next couple of days.

In your case, do you mean you applied for Tier 1 in Nov 12, then varied to ILR on 19/04/2013 when you completed the qualifying period? Have you received a decision on your ILR application yet?

Many thanks[/quote] yes i applied for tier 1 Nov12 and varied that application 19/04/13 when i completed 10 years i have not received any decision so for hopefully i will receive it in few weeks but its bit complected withdrawing application is expensive but very easy you going to lose your fee but much quicker and easy any way you can carry on your studies even you have ILR status[/quote]

On SET (LR) form page 9 it says 'For the application to be valid and complete, you must provide your original current
passport or travel document unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on
the application form.'
Three options are given 1. Lost 2. Stolen and 3. Expired for both current and previous passports. No option is available to say 'passports already with UKBA'.
My question is, if someone has another outstanding application with UKBA at the time of ILR application, their passports will be with the UKBA already (as it is in your case), What can they do to get round this on the application? What did you do on your application? Did you write a cover letter to let them know that your passports are already with UKBA?

Many thanks[/quote]Dear Nhbloke yes when i send my variation application i send a covering letter with it and mention that ukba already got may passport and other paper work with initial application you can make later on an other request to ukba to linkup your paper work with varied application on application i write down ukba already got may passports and papers[/quote]

Dear asjid73, thanks for your reply mate. Can you tell me one thing, you said you varied your Tier 1 application to ILR on 19/04/2013 when you completed 10 years. Do you mean you completed the full 10 years on 19/04/2013 or is it 28 days to your full 10 years?
Would be good if you could share exactly when you entered the country and when you completed the full 10 years.

Many thanks

nhbloke
Newly Registered

Falling short

Post by nhbloke » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:24 pm

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-immigratio ... ugust.html

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/7seg8-h ... needs.html

Guys
In the two links above, on the same website the solicitor is giving to completely contradictory (totally opposite) advice.

One says, an applicant can apply for ILR 28 days before completing 10 yrs, but has to have valid leave to cover the full 10 Yr period. An applicant can not apply for ILR if their current leave expires before they complete full 10 Yrs even though their current leave expires within 28 days of completing full 10 Yrs.

Other one says, an applicant can apply 28 days before they complete full 10 Yrs even if they have leave which is expiring within 28 days before they complete full 10 Yrs.

For an example:
a person entered UK on 28 Feb 2003 (will be completing full 10 Yrs on 28 Feb 2013)
lived in the uk for 10 yrs on various visas that count towards 10 yr ILR
Current visa expires on 8 Feb 2013.

So as per one solicitor in the link above, this person can not apply for ILR between 1-8 Feb as this persons current visa expires on 8 Feb before he completes full 10 yrs even visa expiry date falls within 28 days before completing full 10 Yrs.

As per the other solicitor, this person can apply for ILR between 1-8 Feb as this is within 28 days before completing ILR and the person has existing leave on the day that they apply.

Can people please read the above two links and tell me which one is actually correct? Sharing any success story for this kind of shortfall would be great.

Many thanks

R556

Re: Falling short

Post by R556 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:10 pm

nhbloke wrote:http://www.justanswer.com/uk-immigratio ... ugust.html

Guys
In the two links above, on the same website the solicitor is giving to completely contradictory (totally opposite) advice.

One says, an applicant can apply for ILR 28 days before completing 10 yrs, but has to have valid leave to cover the full 10 Yr period. An applicant can not apply for ILR if their current leave expires before they complete full 10 Yrs even though their current leave expires within 28 days of completing full 10 Yrs.

Other one says, an applicant can apply 28 days before they complete full 10 Yrs even if they have leave which is expiring within 28 days before they complete full 10 Yrs.

For an example:
a person entered UK on 28 Feb 2003 (will be completing full 10 Yrs on 28 Feb 2013)

So as per one solicitor in the link above, this person can not apply for ILR between 1-8 Feb as this persons current visa expires on 8 Feb before he completes full 10 yrs even visa expiry date falls within 28 days before completing full 10 Yrs.

As per the other solicitor, this person can apply for ILR between 1-8 Feb as this is within 28 days before completing ILR and the person has existing leave on the day that they apply.

Can people please read the above two links and tell me which one is actually correct? Sharing any success story for this kind of shortfall would be great.

Many thanks
This is totally fine to VARY application 28 days before completing 10 years. I checked many people had successful grant of ILR. Please click the link below and follow the posts of "dd202"

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=440

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:24 pm

nhbloke wrote:http://www.justanswer.com/uk-immigratio ... ugust.html

Guys

For an example:

Many thanks
I think you've asked this question before and I've replied with a reference from UKBA (not solicitor) I think this reference should be fine for you to argue.
nhbloke wrote:My visa history:
Entry Clearance issued 09 Sep 2003 (Entered the UK on 20 Sep 2003)
7 Years student visas (2003-2010) + 3 Years Tier 2 (2010-2013)
All on time applications and No refusals in the last ten year
Current Tier 2 leave expiring on 31 Aug 2013

As I entered the UK on 20 Sep 2003, I would qualify to apply for ILR 10 Yr Long residence on 24 Aug 2013 (28 days before completing 10 years on 20 Sep 2013).

Some people have said to me that I can not apply for ILR (SET (LR) on 24 Aug 2013, reason being, though 24 Aug 2013 is 28 days before completing 10 years on 20 Sep 2013, I do not have leave till 20 Sep 2013 as my current leave is expiring on 31 Aug 2013. They say I need to apply for an extension at least until 20 Sep 2013 and then apply for ILR.

What I understand is that a person is eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before they complete qualifying residence period and that they should have valid leave on the day which they apply; in my case being 24 Aug 2013 and valid leave till 31 Aug 2013.

Can you please clarify which is correct? I am really confused.

Many thanks
You should be fine without extension. Please refer to the below links
Long Residence @ Page 19 wrote:Applications received 28 days or less before the required qualifying period is completed
You can grant if an application if it is received 28 days or less before the applicant completes the required qualifying period, provided they meet all the other rules for long residence.
Settlement operational policy @ Whatdotheyknow.com wrote:We are unable to offer advice on individual cases, but can confirm that where an applicant has had a shortfall in their leave up to the end of the continuous period for ILR, it is not always necessary for applicants in such circumstances to make an application for a further extension of leave, as applicants can submit an application for settlement in the 28 days before the end of the qualifying period. They must not apply earlier than 28 days before the end of the qualifying period, and provided that they still have extant leave on the date of application, the shortfall will not be a consideration. Please see below example which may help to explain:

Mr A granted initial leave from 23/03/2009 to 23/03/2011
granted FLR at a PEO from 03/03/2011 to 03/03/2014 = 20 day shortfall up to end of 5 year continuous period

Mr A would be able to apply for ILR would between 24/02/14 and 03/03/14, as this is within 28 days of the end of the continuous period, and he would still have 8 days extant leave.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

mirak
Newly Registered

Post by mirak » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:30 pm

Hello everyone,

Firstly, i would like to thank all the people who are making a contribution to this wonderful forum. It has been a great source of information for me. I have been a silent follower for months, and now it's time to make my application.

I have a question about the photocopies that need to be submitted with the application. I understand you should provide photocopies of 'any pages of the passport that contain personal details, visas or immigration stamps (foreign or UK).' However, it's not clear to me whether ALL stamps in the passport need to be photocopied, even those which are irrelevant to the application (i.e. trips outside the 10-year period, or trips while already outside the UK).

I don’t want to provide more information than needed, as that generally slows down the process.

Has anyone got any information about this?

nhbloke
Newly Registered

Post by nhbloke » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:43 pm

[quote="Damanisshallo"][quote="nhbloke"]http://www.justanswer.com/uk-immigratio ... ugust.html

Guys

For an example:

Many thanks[/quote]

I think you've asked this question before and I've replied with a reference from UKBA (not solicitor) I think this reference should be fine for you to argue.

[quote="nhbloke"]My visa history:
Entry Clearance issued 09 Sep 2003 (Entered the UK on 20 Sep 2003)
7 Years student visas (2003-2010) + 3 Years Tier 2 (2010-2013)
All on time applications and No refusals in the last ten year
Current Tier 2 leave expiring on 31 Aug 2013

As I entered the UK on 20 Sep 2003, I would qualify to apply for ILR 10 Yr Long residence on 24 Aug 2013 (28 days before completing 10 years on 20 Sep 2013).

Some people have said to me that I can not apply for ILR (SET (LR) on 24 Aug 2013, reason being, though 24 Aug 2013 is 28 days before completing 10 years on 20 Sep 2013, I do not have leave till 20 Sep 2013 as my current leave is expiring on 31 Aug 2013. They say I need to apply for an extension at least until 20 Sep 2013 and then apply for ILR.

What I understand is that a person is eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before they complete qualifying residence period and that they should have valid leave on the day which they apply; in my case being 24 Aug 2013 and valid leave till 31 Aug 2013.

Can you please clarify which is correct? I am really confused.

Many thanks[/quote]

You should be fine without extension. Please refer to the below links

[quote="[url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary]Long Residence @ Page 19[/url]"][b]Applications received 28 days or less before the required qualifying period is completed[/b]
You can grant if an application if it is received 28 days or less before the applicant completes the required qualifying period, provided they meet all the other rules for long residence.[/quote]

[quote="[url=https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... g_period_2]Settlement operational policy @ Whatdotheyknow.com[/url]"]We are unable to offer advice on individual cases, but can confirm that where an applicant has had a shortfall in their leave up to the end of the continuous period for ILR, it is not always necessary for applicants in such circumstances to make an application for a further extension of leave, as applicants can submit an application for settlement in the 28 days before the end of the qualifying period. They must not apply earlier than 28 days before the end of the qualifying period, and provided that they still have extant leave on the date of application, the shortfall will not be a consideration. Please see below example which may help to explain:

Mr A granted initial leave from 23/03/2009 to 23/03/2011
granted FLR at a PEO from 03/03/2011 to 03/03/2014 = 20 day shortfall up to end of 5 year continuous period

Mr A would be able to apply for ILR would between 24/02/14 and 03/03/14, as this is within 28 days of the end of the continuous period, and he would still have 8 days extant leave.[/quote][/quote]

Dear Daminashallo, thanks for your reply. Forgive me if I come across as ignorant which I am a bit now about ILR rules. The UKBA reference that you have given me seems that it's for 5 year employment route. Does it apply to 10 Yr ILR as well?

Is whatdotheyknow.com is a genuine website?

If whatdotheyknow is a genuine website and UKBA explanation also applies to 10 Yr ILR, do you think it would be a good idea to attach a print out of this with the cover letter?

Many thanks