ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Appendix 2 VAF4 - Accomodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hardraj

Spouse Visa Appendix 2 VAF4 - Accomodation

Post by hardraj » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi I have a quick question in Appendix 2 when applying for a spouse visa there is a section re accomodation, Question 2.7 Does anyone, other than your sponsor, live in the property? and then asks for details of passports etc.

I live in a shared rented accomodation - with my own room. Do I need to fill this section out?

The house is comprised of 8 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 Spam.

Does the HomOffice actually expect me to know on everyones door and invade their privacy by asking them for their passport details?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:06 am

See Maintenance and accommodation (MAA) (click) make sure the property is not overcrowded.

As you live in a HMO, the information shown for renters should be provided, I think you could just write unknown under passport.

The Rules require that there be adequate accommodation which is for your exclusive use, so you should show that you will have exclusive access to a bedroom which is not used by anyone else.

The ECO's judgement should be based on the evidence from the applicant. If the ECO is not sure of the credibility of the applicant, he / she should ask to see a letter from the owner of the property, so perhaps have one ready.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.