ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying outside the UK, confused, please help

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mling1985
Newly Registered

Applying outside the UK, confused, please help

Post by mling1985 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi guys, I am going to be applying outside the UK next month and I am a little confused with documents required to show investment fund.

In the policy guidance, paragraph 96. it says that if the money is held in a regulated institution in the UK, bank statements will be sufficient.

But in the appendix 3: Tier 1, and Supporting documents guidance that were found in the applying outside the UK section, it only says a letter from bank is acceptable without mentioning bank statement is ok to use if fund is held in UK.

Can someone please tell me if bank statement is going to be ok if the money is held in a UK account and I am applying outside the UK? or will i still need a letter from the bank?

Thanks in advance

mling1985
Newly Registered

Post by mling1985 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:28 am

Anyone?

KickAss
Member of Standing

Re: Applying outside the UK, confused, please help

Post by KickAss » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:19 am

Is the account in UK on ur name ?
I mean how will you get the statements if you are not in UK and have a bank account in UK ?
Plus which category you are applying in ?
A quick answer might be that Yes as long as you get original bank statements with your name and money in that account . you are good.
But Ill still be interested to know your conditions/case to give a better reply.
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

mling1985
Newly Registered

Post by mling1985 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:04 pm

Thanks very much for the reply Kickass, really appreciate it.

yes the bank account is in my own name, I have an UK account because I am currently in the UK with a PSW visa which expires next month.

I am going back to my home country to apply for visa because I am attending my brother's wedding there. If I apply in the UK, I wont get my passport back in time to attend the wedding.

p.s I am applying in the 200k category

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:04 am

Statement and a covering letter that the balance has been in the account for 90 days consecutively
Although one of the two is required but both will be better
The statement has to be on banks official stationery signed by the bank official and stamped o every page

mling1985
Newly Registered

Post by mling1985 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:17 pm

The statements are original, do they still need to be stamped?