ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR options for wife

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akash999
Newly Registered

ILR options for wife

Post by akash999 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:26 am

Dear guru
Hello, I just joined the group and it astonishing to see the groups helps towards needy people so congratulation and thank you very much for your hard work
I have few doubts, I will apply for ilr under 10 years next month and hopefully I would get it.
I have queries that will my partner falls under rules prior to jul 2012? EVEN IF SHE IS MAIN PBS APPLICANT SINCE 3 YEARS AND I WAS DEPENDENT PBS APPLICANT? ( I switch my visa in 2006 as dependent of Student ; year 2010 dependent PSW and since year 2011 dependent PBS T1G every time she was main applicant ) so basically she is in the UK over 6 years but as a main applicant.
Would you please advise on this matter as I am still confused about:
1) Will that 6 years of time count towards non settlement route to be added towards settlement so she can apply for ILR or still she has to be my dependent for 2 years ?
As she want to study dentistry from next year and the Universities want to know what will be her visa statues in sep 2014 so she can admit for course.
I would also like to know would visitor visa count towards long residency period.

Thank you in advance for your time and advice.
Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:39 am

Unfortunately, if your wife was not a dependent she will not be subject to the transitional protection (click).

For ILR your wife may consider:

Flr(m) once you are settled - 5 year route to settlement (new rules)

Whether she can extend and settle as a PBS applicant - 5 year route

Or extend as above until she reaches 10 years long residence.

For time as a visitor under set(lr) see here (click). see also, long residence guidance (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

akash999
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by akash999 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:56 am

Amber please can you also guide me in this situation will my UK born child (who is on Dependent visa PBS on my wife’s visa and never been travel outside UK is eligible for UK passport.
Many thanks,
Akash

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:32 am

UK-born child will be entitled to register as a British citizen after a parent is granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

akash999
Newly Registered

Post by akash999 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:42 am

Dear Vinny
Thanks atleast one good news both parrents dont have to have ILR.
Many thaks you are doing great help to needy people, God bless you.

Regards