ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fund requirement for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manUTd

Fund requirement for spouse visa

Post by manUTd » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:13 am

Hi everyone ,
Just a quick question regarding the spouse visa fund requirement . I believe it's 18600 and the sponson should have held the position for 6 months. Just need to clarify that is someone had started a new job in 1st of march 2013 will it be right to say that the sponsor will meet the fund requirement by 31st of August 2013. Can the person post his application on that date?
Many thanks for your help.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:46 am

It's a financial requirement rather than a 'fund' requirement. For Cat A then the sponsor must have worked (assuming applicant abroad) for 6 or more months and for salaried income the lowest monthly wage x 12 => the financial requirement. In your case I'd apply on the 1st September but remeber you need the wage slips and corresponding bank statements as per the specified evidence so you'd unlikely be applying bang on 6 months anyway.

It is possible to apply earlier than this under Cat B, but it would depend if 1 the applicant's annual salary meets the financial requirement and 2. that they have actually earned the required amount in the preceding 12 months.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:58 am

I meant financial requirement sorry. Thank you for your reply it is very helpful.am guessing you meant if I send the application on the 31st because I have the payslip and corresponding statement will be with me by Thursday .

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:57 am

Make sure you supply the required specified evidence (click).
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:21 pm

manUTd wrote:hi
i wanted to get some advice.
i am british and am currently sponsoring my partner for a fiance visa.i wanted to know if i am allowed to travel as i have dual nationality, or do i have to stay put here until a decision is reached. i have read that applications are taking over 6 months so am a bit concerned......

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:22 pm

You may travel, though, what will you use to enter the UK?

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:33 pm

i was wondering if i could request my passport back as i dont think they need my passport that long and to do what with it.once theyve checked the passport they should return it .i do not know how ukba do it tho

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:36 pm

If you request documents back it may withdraw your application. Unless your travel is an emergency (family illness or death) I would just wait.

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:52 pm

thank you i guess it is indeed best that i wait.but they should be worshipped.....