ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Breakdown on ILE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naomi85
Newly Registered

Marriage Breakdown on ILE

Post by naomi85 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:32 am

Hello everyone, long story short for my friend. She is married to a british citizen and has ILE in her passport. Been living in uk for 1 year. Unfortunately her marriage has come to an end recently.
Question is will divorce affect her ILE?

thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:47 am

Normally, no affect.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:55 am

Did the husband sign an undertaking?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

naomi85
Newly Registered

Post by naomi85 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:58 am

thanks for the quick reply vinny. she will be pleased with that. Will she still be able to apply for naturalisation after divorce?

naomi85
Newly Registered

Post by naomi85 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:00 pm

D4109125 wrote:Did the husband sign an undertaking?
what's an undertaking??

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:02 pm

naomi85 wrote:thanks for the quick reply vinny. she will be pleased with that. Will she still be able to apply for naturalisation after divorce?
Not yet.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:10 pm

The husband may have been required to sign an undertaking to sponsor the applicant during the first 5 years of their stay in the UK under ILE. Now whether the wife could argue that the sponsor (ex-husband) should still support the wife is arguable, I believe the death of the sponsor terminates a maintenance undertaking but not sure about divorce. If she does have an undertaking she may not be able to claim certain public funds. But she may not have an undertaking, so just thought I would mention it.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

naomi85
Newly Registered

Post by naomi85 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:24 pm

D4109125 wrote:The husband may have been required to sign an undertaking to sponsor the applicant during the first 5 years of their stay in the UK under ILE. Now whether the wife could argue that the sponsor (ex-husband) should still support the wife is arguable, I believe the death of the sponsor terminates a maintenance undertaking but not sure about divorce. If she does have an undertaking she may not be able to claim certain public funds. But she may not have an undertaking, so just thought I would mention it.
No undertaking she says. thank you for the info

DennieCyper
Newly Registered

Post by DennieCyper » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Well in such case you should have taken an advice from an experienced Lawyer and have a perfect advice which is in your favor.

Moderator Edit: Spam advertising link removed.