ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Called for interview at Local Town? Why? .......Urgent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Koshis
Newly Registered

Called for interview at Local Town? Why? .......Urgent

Post by Koshis » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi

I have been called for an Interview at local UKBA office in town where I stay (not in PEO) regarding my application, I just wonder why it is? Is it a part of deportation process? No details given, just you are invited to attend an interview at....

My application for ILR was refused, and I applied for Tier 1 Extension under 28 days rule for which I have not got any update.

Thanks

Koshis

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:25 pm

peppekalle wrote:This could be an attempt to remove you.Get legal help asap.They may have refused your application and they may wish to remove you.They use a similar ruse in reporting centers

If you decide to go for the interview please have with you basic phone that is not capable of taking pictures or assessing the net and don't forget your charger.Please make sure you have your solicitors details with you always.

Why was your application for ILR refused?Did you appeal? If they decide to detain you they will attempt removal within 72 hours .
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:43 pm

OP's ILR application was refused for "long absences", as is mentioned in this topic.

That an extension application was then submitted, as OP mentions, could mean that either an appeal was not submitted at all or the appeal was disallowed and the OP made a leave to remain application subsequently. OP, please confirm.

No one can tell you for sure the answer of why? Could be a simple matter of identity check (there have been such cases before, some posted on the forum).

There is no need to get into a panic mode worrying that there may be a sinister motive to the interview, in the lines of what is hinted above. That course of action is usually planned for individuals with poor immigration history. Do you have one?

The important thing is that you must attend the interview, or reschedule it if the date / time doesn't suit you. Also, as mentioned, keep your solicitor details on hand, should you need them on that day.

Highly_Skilled

Re: Called for interview at Local Town? Why? .......Urgent

Post by Highly_Skilled » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Koshis wrote:Hi

I have been called for an Interview at local UKBA office in town where I stay (not in PEO) regarding my application, I just wonder why it is? Is it a part of deportation process? No details given, just you are invited to attend an interview at....

My application for ILR was refused, and I applied for Tier 1 Extension under 28 days rule for which I have not got any update.

Thanks

Koshis
If you have an outstanding application in with the Home Office then you cannot be removed.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:23 pm

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:31 pm

And the relevance of the link is ....?

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:53 pm

sushdmehta wrote:And the relevance of the link is ....?
Almost at the end of the page it give more details on the "interview"

I want the op to know what the interview could be about.

If the UKBA wish to obtain further information or clarification before approving an application, they will organise an interview with the applicant. Individuals or entrepreneur teams are also invited for interview where the UKBA has concerns regarding the application, but it is important to note that just because an interview is requested, this does not necessarily mean that the UKBA doubts the case.

The interview will take place at the Home Office in front of an independent case worker who asks a series of questions lasting approximately 40-45 minutes. The questions are designed to assess whether applicants are genuine entrepreneurs and have the intention to establish a business in the UK. For applications submitted by an entrepreneur team, it is important to bear in mind that both applicants are expected to understand the business plans and their role within the company.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:31 am

Nice one! First you scare him to death (they may remove you, seek legal help asap, they may detain you an deport you in 72 hours) and then you try to calm him down by realistically telling him what the interview may really be about a simple thing (genuineness of application)! :lol:

BTW, where does the OP say that he has made a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application?

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:04 am

sushdmehta wrote:Nice one! First you scare him to death (they may remove you, seek legal help asap, they may detain you an deport you in 72 hours) and then you try to calm him down by realistically telling him what the interview may really be about a simple thing (genuineness of application)! :lol:

BTW, where does the OP say that he has made a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application?
I didn't mean to scare the OP.I told him to get a solicitor i even went as far as telling him which phone he has to use just in case.

I think it was fair for me to post the information as soon as i found it.By the way the op mentioned he has applied for tier 1 extension on the very first page of this post.

The op has not indicated which category he falls under.

Koshis
Newly Registered

Post by Koshis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi all

Many thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Yes, I am Under Tier 1 Genaral category and applied for ILR based on work permit plus T1 General.

I appealed for refusal of ILR (long absenses); got confusing decision; though heard positive actions from UKBA, but never got the confirmation about their action. Therefore, sent application for extension within 28 days (31 days actually-including if any appeal could be brought time) to avoid any risk.

Now got the letter asking us (including family members) to come for interview at local immigration office, no details given, it just says ..."you all are required to attend an interview on..." In this letter, our previous application ref number (i.e. IlR application) is given, but mentions nothing about T1 extension application (applied while HO implementing the appeal decision)

I have sent that application not exactly 28 days after the Tribunal decisin, actually after 31 days my overstaying started after the appeal time is exhausted i.e 28+5 days for appeal, and also may b 2 days for post; was that ok?

Now please comment and suggest...my view is that they asked us to come their (as sb mentioned before) as a part of deportation process, but why not they thought about my outstanding application for T1 general? So during interview, they will suggest their decision n route to deport, but I have to tell them i have an outstanding application with you (can they decide about that second application too and not informing us prior?). And how can I chase for this T1 extension application?

I ve been told that whole my application file is sent to this local office for "appeal review" - does it make any sense in terms of their action? But i presume that this is just "enforcement" office and can not make any decision, just to implement, not reviewing anything. But its all about negative case !

Sorry for many Qs, would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks

Ks

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Have you sought legal help?They could issue you with the decision on your application at their "enforcement office".

Your post is not very clear .......but mentions nothing about T1 extension application (applied while HO implementing the appeal decision)

What decision was ho implementing?

Koshis
Newly Registered

Post by Koshis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks. I talked to some people, but yet to take proper legal help though- do you think its absolute necessary at this stage too?

"While implementing the decision" means i had an appeal, but not sure about HO's action on Judge's decision because the judge's decision was not very clear. So if i did not get ILR based on that decision, I did not want to loose the chance to apply for T1 extension (for which I am allowed to) within 28 days of Appeal decision, that is why I have sent Extension T1 application. If you look at the time scale, I got the appeal decision on Feb 2013, did not hear anything in concrete from HO after that, and therefore applied for an extension in March, AND just now HO is responding against that appeal decision (i think).

Hope it makes you clear, please suggest further. Thanks

ks

Koshis
Newly Registered

Post by Koshis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:48 pm

++

In this interview appointmnet letter, nothing is mentioned about my second (T1 extension application) application which I have lodged under 28 days rule after the appeal decison.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:05 pm

Koshis wrote:Thanks. I talked to some people, but yet to take proper legal help though- do you think its absolute necessary at this stage too?

"While implementing the decision" means i had an appeal, but not sure about HO's action on Judge's decision because the judge's decision was not very clear. So if i did not get ILR based on that decision, I did not want to loose the chance to apply for T1 extension (for which I am allowed to) within 28 days of Appeal decision, that is why I have sent Extension T1 application. If you look at the time scale, I got the appeal decision on Feb 2013, did not hear anything in concrete from HO after that, and therefore applied for an extension in March, AND just now HO is responding against that appeal decision (i think).

Hope it makes you clear, please suggest further. Thanks

ks
I did indicate you need to get legal help asap.Please let us know how the interview went.