ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum income threshold

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eve81
Newly Registered
Peru

Minimum income threshold

Post by eve81 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:17 am

Hi everyone,
i am new to this board and wondered if anyone can help me?
I am a british citizen and my husband came in on a spouse visa in July 2011,
his visa exprires 29th september 2013, so next week we wish to submit the visa for ILR SET(M).

I am totally freaking though because he has struggled with work since being here so currently doesnt have a job,
I work self-employed but dont earn the new minimum income threshold that requires 18,600. I have read different things from different websites saying that is you arrived in he uk before july 9th 2012 then the old rules apply to you (no minimum income threshold) and others state this only applys UNTIL you apply for ILR,

can anyone set me straight on this, i have read all the info from ukba but i struggle with the way things are worded i don't find it very clearly put.

if anyone else has done a recent application not meeting the minimum income threshold this last year what was the outcome of your ILR,

desperate for help,

thanks eve81

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:39 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Minimum income threshold

Post by physicskate » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:08 am

eve81
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by eve81 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:01 am

thanks guys,
since then i have spent hours sifting through other people in my situation, and it does look hopeful for us

eve81
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by eve81 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi,

Just a question (maybe a stupid one!) so i do appologise
I need to apply on monday for ILR don't have time to make an appointment, so just going to do it myself and hope for the best,
anyone have any advice on how to present the application?
In files? photocopies separate from originals? etc.

For the spouse visa, my file was huge, so organised with contents page etc, took me months to put together, with all our evidence, letters, photographs, phone,skype, facebook evidence etc, and when my husband took it to the embassy in Peru, they made him remove the plastic file and all the plastic wallets, and it was a big hot mess!
Not saying im going to do it that OTT this time, but would just appreciate any advice,

cheers eve81

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:08 am

eve81 wrote:Hi All,

Just wondered if when you send your biometric data, do you receive any confirmation from the home office to say they have received it? or is the next step just the tedious waiting game to find out the outcome of the visa?
not looking forward to the months of waiting Embarassed

Eve81
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:41 pm

eve81 wrote:Hi guys,

Currently waiting for my husbands SET(M) Ilr. Not expecting to here anytime soon, (only been waiting 6 weeks!) looking at the current waiting times, however at the time of application he did not have a job, but he recently applied and got a part time job, he went to training this morning, and they basically have sent him home, saying he needs proof/letter from the home office to state he is allowed to work. His visa ran out September 29th

Is he allowed to work? and how do we obtain one? im so upset as he has been so unlucky with employment in the two years he has been on a souse visa, now a opportunity at last has come up, and yet another issue!

please please please help, as they are keeping the job open a short time till we can get hold of proof,
Casa wrote:Here's the link to the UKBA advice line for employers where the right to work can be checked (by the employer) and confirmed.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... pport/ecs/
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

eve81
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by eve81 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Many thanks Casa, the problem is can the employer be bothered to do this?!
i guess we shall see.