ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

m.sheikh

Visit visa for parents

Post by m.sheikh » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi guys,

I am on Tier 1 General and my sister is british national, we are planning to invite our parents for 3 months (from Pakistan). We will be applying for a 2 year family visit visa.

As per my understanding only British National or ILR holders can sponsor a visitor on a family visitor visa, my sister can provide an Invitation letter, copy of her passport and accommodation (mortgage) documents but she will not be able to show her bank statements etc, is that OK? or does the person inviting/sponsoring the visitor HAVE to show their financial documents?

On the other hand I will be providing the financial support and bank statements etc.

Can anyone please confirm.

Thanks

raheelmulla

Post by raheelmulla » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:26 am

As per my understanding only British National or ILR holders can sponsor a visitor on a family visitor visa YOU ARE RIGHT

If you sister is sponcer you parents. She has to provide bank statement and pay slip of 6 months as a financial document.

Document need for family visit from sponcer side are:
Photocopy of passport included all visa pages
Declaration sponcer ship letter
City council letter for accomadation
Bank statement last 6 month
Pay slip last 6 month
Optional - driving licence photo copy and national insurance number and write covering letter.

Your parent is to provide document as well.
Passport
Marriage certifate
Bank statement
Any property paper, fixed deposit money .

Brother if you don't satisfy entry clearance officer that your parent have not strong ties with pakistan they will assume that bcz u and your sister is in uk they want to settle in uk.

That why show property paper, business , bank account etc so the entry clearance officer is satisfied that your parent vll return after short visit from uk.

vinny

Re: accomodation requirement for general visitors

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:42 am

m.sheikh wrote:Hi,

I am on Tier 1 General and I want to sponsor my parents for their general visitor visa application, me and my wife are currently renting a 1 Bed flat, would it be sufficient to fullfill accomodation requirement for my parents or do I need a minimum of two bed flat?

Thanks
raheelmulla wrote:Assalawalakum,
As you are renting 1 bedroom flat so the house is already occupied by your wife and you. So For accomadation for your parent you have to rent 2 bedroom flat or house to show the entry clearance officer that you got enough space for you parent to stay during there visit.

Thank you.
m.sheikh wrote:ok thanks.

Another question, my sister is in UK as well can she show her 3 bed house documents for accomodation AND my bank statements?

In other words is it necessary for the person to show bank statements who is ONLY providing accomodation?
raheelmulla wrote:Bro transfer some money into your sister account and use her bank statement.

I will speak to my friend who is solicitor and let you know. Allahhafiz. Sheri tym.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

m.sheikh

Post by m.sheikh » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:08 am

W.Salam

brothers thanksalot for helpful info.

Yes I can transfer some money to my sister's account but HO requires bank statements for last 6 months and her bank account will only show the money for a short period of time.

I just want to verify if my sister can sponsor my parent's family visa and provide her accommodation details AND I will provide the financial documents in addition to my father's bank balance books.

jazakAllah khair.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:42 am

m.sheikh wrote:

I have a 1 bed flat and currently my wife and myself are living in the flat, do you recon showing a contract of 1 bed flat would be enough or do I need to have something bigger than 1 bed flat?

thanks

So if you have one bed and it’s occupied by you and your wife where will your parents stay? :shock:

You need to make a alternative arrangement like a hotel or rent 2 bed what ever you can afford really.

Param

Geeth123
Newly Registered

Post by Geeth123 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:26 am

Hi,
I am trying to get a general visa for my mom for 3 months. My parents don't have any property or bank balance under their name. My husband is going to sponsor the whole trip. I am not sure whether they will reject the application because of this. Can anyone help me.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:31 am

Geeth123 wrote:Hi,
I am trying to get a general visa for my mom for 3 months. My parents don't have any property or bank balance under their name. My husband is going to sponsor the whole trip. I am not sure whether they will reject the application because of this. Can anyone help me.
I recently got visit visa for my parents.
If they have any regular income then that will suffice? What is a source of living?

Geeth123
Newly Registered

Post by Geeth123 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:52 am

They don't have any regular income, my sister is supporting them. Is there anything I could do from my end. You have mentioned your parents received visa, what all they showed for the visa?

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Geeth123 wrote:They don't have any regular income, my sister is supporting them. Is there anything I could do from my end. You have mentioned your parents received visa, what all they showed for the visa?
In my case my father was having regular income.

If your parents getting support from their daughter then I think you should do following(Seniors please confirm)
if supported money comes in bank than they need to show their b/s and their daughter b/s or else only daughter b/s plus passport copy of her and letter from her confirming that parents are supported by her she will continue to support when they are back.

Hope this help

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:39 am

m.sheikh wrote:Hi Guys,

I am on Tier1 General and I am about to sponsor my parents general visit visa (they are in Pakistan right now).

Even though we will submitting the application for my mum and dad at the same time but we will need to fill in a separate form for them.

My questions is, do we need to submit 2 copies of sponsorship documents (separately for each application) or just one copy would do?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rock
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

m.sheikh

Post by m.sheikh » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:29 pm

Hi Guys,

I am on Tier1 General and I am about to sponsor my parents general visit visa (they are in Pakistan right now).

Even though we will submitting the application for my mum and dad at the same time but we will need to fill in a separate form for them.

My questions is, do we need to submit 2 copies of sponsorship documents (separately for each application) or just one copy would do?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rock

m.sheikh

Post by m.sheikh » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:25 am

bump