ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Assessment rules for second extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gd_Shepherd

Assessment rules for second extension

Post by gd_Shepherd » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:45 am

Dear all,

I am trying to gather info for applying for my second extension. My visa history is as follows

Entry clearance: 15-Mar-2009 to 15-Mar-2012

first extension: 15-Mar-2012 to 15-Mar-2014

By reading the board posts and guidance, I understood that the second extension will be granted for a period of 2 years, but I am confused about the rules for the points. I seem to think it should be based on the rules in place before 06-April-2010 (i.e. rules during the entry clearance). Am I right in interpreting this properly? I would request comments on this.

Thanks in advance,
Shepherd

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:13 am

Yes you are right. You will be using rules (even age) against rules in place according to when first leave was granted.

So in your case this will be "in-place before 6th April 2010".

I hope this will help.

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:22 pm

fslateef wrote:Yes you are right. You will be using rules (even age) against rules in place according to when first leave was granted.

So in your case this will be "in-place before 6th April 2010".

I hope this will help.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Tier1extn001

Post by Tier1extn001 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:04 pm

when do you plan to apply? some ppl are getting 3 yrs validity when applying for second extn - do post a reply when you know the validity - thanks

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:14 am

I am planning to apply by 02-Dec-2013. By reading the guidance more times I am thoroughly getting confused.

Which rules should I be using to assess the attributes section? Based on the some of the info from other posts, since the second extension of 3+2 turned out to be 3 years, it was interpreted that rules governing the grant was based on the fact that the last grant was issued after 06-April-2010.

If so then the score required in the attributes section will be 80 using the fact the last grant was not based on rules before 19 July 2010.

I am completely confused in trying to interpret this. I request moderators or other senior members to kindly throw some light on this topic.

Shepherd

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Dear All,

I am now in a total panic mode. I called UKBA. The lady on the phone informed that attributes section should be based for 80. I was under the impression that the attribute section never changes from extension to extension. Last time, I cleared for 75. Currently I will not qualify if it is for 80. Has anyone applied and cleared with 75 attribute points. Kindly reply.

Shepherd

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:38 pm

gd_Shepherd wrote:Dear All,

I am now in a total panic mode. I called UKBA. The lady on the phone informed that attributes section should be based for 80. I was under the impression that the attribute section never changes from extension to extension. Last time, I cleared for 75. Currently I will not qualify if it is for 80. Has anyone applied and cleared with 75 attribute points. Kindly reply.

Shepherd
As in your first post you mentioned you got first grant in 2009 thus you are safe and you need to show only 75 points.

The UKBA call-centre mostly tells what they don't even know.

You will need to follow what you did in first extension and don't panic. 2nd or any further extensions are all like 1st extension (means should follow same points).

I hope this will help.

xs2ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by xs2ahmed » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:03 pm

fslateef wrote:

Shepherd
As in your first post you mentioned you got first grant in 2009 thus you are safe and you need to show only 75 points.

You will need to follow what you did in first extension and don't panic. 2nd or any further extensions are all like 1st extension (means should follow same points).

I hope this will help.
flateef is absolutely correct old rules will apply. You can use points based calculator it will ask you about the date of your your FIRST application and similarly age at the time of FIRST application and similarly give you points based on old rules. I am applying in 2 weeks and this will be my second extension my situation is similar to yours, hoping that everything will be fine.

Thanks

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:07 pm

fslateef wrote:

Shepherd

I hope this will help.
Thanks a lot lateef. Your words lifted my spirits. Do you know of anyone who has been successful in the recent times with 75 attribute points?

Once again thanks a lot

Shepherd

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:37 pm

xs2ahmed wrote:
fslateef wrote:

Shepherd

I hope this will help.
flateef is absolutely correct old rules will apply. You can use points based calculator it will ask you about the date of your your FIRST application and similarly age at the time of FIRST application and similarly give you points based on old rules. I am applying in 2 weeks and this will be my second extension my situation is similar to yours, hoping that everything will be fine.

Thanks
Thanks Ahmed. I wish you all the best as well. Can you kindly keep us posted on your progress as well?

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:38 am

gd_Shepherd wrote: Hi Param,
I have seen your posts in the board and they are very helpful. I am trying to apply for second extension. I got my entry clearance in 2009 March. The first extension was in March 2012. I am planning to apply for second extension this December (as I arrived in June 2010 only).

Can you please let me know if you were assessed for 75 points under attributes? Did the caseworker use the old rules to assess your application? I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks for your time,

Regards
Shepherd
Can you please let me know if you were assessed for 75 points under attributes?
Yes

Did the caseworker use the old rules to assess your application?
Yes

So you should be assessed based on old rule and should get extension
for 3 year as your last grant was after 6 April 2010.

Param