ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 COS work start date issue .. plz help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Moiz khan
Newly Registered

Tier 2 COS work start date issue .. plz help

Post by Moiz khan » Mon May 13, 2013 11:21 am

Hi there , i am going to apply from outside UK my employer has sent me the COS on 28 April 2013 with the job start date is on 1 June 2013 and by new rule i am meeting all the requirements ... but i have been notify by my employer that due to some issue they would like me to start work from 1 september 2013...

My question is do they have to reapply for a COS with the extended date(is it possible ) or i am able to use the same COS which is already been issued .

godistrue

Re: Tier 2 COS work start date issue .. plz help

Post by godistrue » Mon May 13, 2013 11:56 am

Moiz khan wrote:Hi there , i am going to apply from outside UK my employer has sent me the COS on 28 April 2013 with the job start date is on 1 June 2013 and by new rule i am meeting all the requirements ... but i have been notify by my employer that due to some issue they would like me to start work from 1 september 2013...

My question is do they have to reapply for a COS with the extended date(is it possible ) or i am able to use the same COS which is already been issued .
If the start date is changed, the existing COS is no more valid and your company need to apply for new COS. Usually if anyone applies from outside UK, they will be assigned Restricted COS. Usually your company cant increase the COS allocation as there will be a limit in it.

The only thing which you can do is just apply for your visa as your company has already given the start date as 1 june 2013. After you successfully got the visa, then you can start the job in September as it would not be a problem in my opinion.

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Mon May 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Best way is to ask ur employer to assign new cos with start date of 1 sept if they have allocation or try to convince them to start ur job on 1 june.
Once u get tier 2 visa u have to start ur work from the date which is mention as a start date on cos.

Moiz khan
Newly Registered

Post by Moiz khan » Mon May 13, 2013 1:10 pm

i have checked in my COS and it says restrictier tier 2 ... does it means that my employer is not been able to allocate a new date and issue another COS .

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Mon May 13, 2013 1:34 pm

U have to ask ur employer if the have any more COS to assign and if they dont have it is not possible to get new allocation from ukba...

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Mon May 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Moiz khan wrote:i have checked in my COS and it says restrictier tier 2 ... does it means that my employer is not been able to allocate a new date and issue another COS .
NO. Out of country application are subject to monthly quota & needs a restricted CoS ONLY.

Even if your employer has additional restricted CoS available, if monthly quota is full, you may need to wait until next month.

Moiz khan
Newly Registered

Post by Moiz khan » Mon May 13, 2013 8:15 pm

thnx to all ...

aishwaryapadhye
Newly Registered

Start date mentioned on the CoS is the date in past

Post by aishwaryapadhye » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:47 am

Hi,

Can any one update whether they used the same CoS? If yes was the application sucessful? Do did you ask your employer for a new COS with the updated start date? I have a similar problem. My employer has received CoS allocations with a start date of 15th july and my CoS was issued on 17th july. Will that be a problem? Should I ask for a new CoS? My employer is also ready to give me letter explaining the delay in the start date along with the update joining letter and contract. Will this be sufficient as a prof?
If can one can advice on this situation it would be really helpfull.

Thank you,
Aishwarya