ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notarised copy of personal details page of passport:

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gmuralik

Notarised copy of personal details page of passport:

Post by gmuralik » Tue May 22, 2007 3:25 pm

I would like to apply for HSMP and i am ready with all the documentation required to apply. I just wanted to chk in this forum for Notarised copy of personal details page of passport:? I am submitting Original full driving license as part of Age assessment.

Please clarify ?

apeterso925

Re: Notarised copy of personal details page of passport:

Post by apeterso925 » Tue May 22, 2007 3:40 pm

gmuralik wrote:I would like to apply for HSMP and i am ready with all the documentation required to apply. I just wanted to chk in this forum for Notarised copy of personal details page of passport:? I am submitting Original full driving license as part of Age assessment.

Please clarify ?
On the advice of a solicitor, I submitted the following for the age assessment (though I am still awaiting HO approval):

1) Notarised copies of every single page of my passport (including the cover and blank pages). I am not entirely sure why he requested more than just the personal details page - perhaps to verify authenticity that much further?
2) Original full driving license (as in the plastic card that I carry around in my purse)
3) My original birth certificate

I think only *either* your birth certificate or license is required, the passport is exceptional evidence, but I tried to include as many items - required or not - as I had.

I hope that helps!

hnbird
Newly Registered

Post by hnbird » Tue May 22, 2007 4:14 pm

[quote="apeterso925"][quote="gmuralik"]I would like to apply for HSMP and i am ready with all the documentation required to apply. I just wanted to chk in this forum for Notarised copy of personal details page of passport:? I am submitting Original full driving license as part of Age assessment.

Please clarify ?[/quote]

On the advice of a solicitor, I submitted the following for the age assessment (though I am still awaiting HO approval):

1) Notarised copies of every single page of my passport (including the cover and blank pages). I am not entirely sure why he requested more than just the personal details page - perhaps to verify authenticity that much further?
2) Original full driving license (as in the plastic card that I carry around in my purse)
3) My original birth certificate

I think only *either* your birth certificate or license is required, the passport is exceptional evidence, but I tried to include as many items - required or not - as I had.

I hope that helps![/quote]

Hello--I am joining this discussion board because my application was refused a few weeks ago, and I have seveal questions, mostly for those in the US.

For proof of age, I sent in my 'original' birth certificate. They denied it because they said it was not original. However, I phoned up and explained to the HSMP office that the certificate that the US state health departments issue are not original, they are 'original certified copies'.
The official ORIGINAL copy is not available to US citizens, they keep those records in the health department so that there will be proof of my being alive at some point. The guy at the HSMP didn't understand.
Has anyone else encountered this?
So, my next option for proof of age is the original driving license. And the HSMP guy told me to just send the DL then. I then explained to him that here it is required by law to have your driver's license with you at all times whilst driving, and I drive to and from work every day.
So, thats out. Then, the only other exception is the notarised copies of passport--in case of natural disaster or war, and those situations do not apply to me.
I can send explanations of all of these things and ask for 'exceptional consideration', but I am nervous about their weird tickyness.
Please advise--Heather

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Tue May 22, 2007 4:27 pm

Heather,

Since I don't have approval yet, I'm not 100% sure that what I have will satisfy the HO, but here was my rational for myself in what I sent (I'm a US citizen):

1) birth certificate - you're right, they're not originals and for that reason, I didn't think that alone was sufficient (nor did my solicitor).
2) DL - again, you're right...I'm just taking the risk of a ticket. While I'm sure the specifics vary by state, I can tell you from experience that all that might happen to me is that if I am being called out for something else (say, speeding), I will get an additional ticket for not having my license with me. The cop will be able to look me up on the scene from their patrol car, so it's not like they'll think I'm not licensed to drive. However, I am fortunate in that I am a city dweller...it takes 6 weeks to burn through a tank of gas.
3) Passport copies - I just included mine as further proof of my age.

Does that clarify anything? With sending your DL, you are taking a risk (my friends and family went balistic when I said I had to send that), but worst case scenario: 1) you get a ticket and then 2) you have to go sit at the DMV for half a day to get a new one. I think of a few worse things in life ;)

Hello--I am joining this discussion board because my application was refused a few weeks ago, and I have seveal questions, mostly for those in the US.

For proof of age, I sent in my 'original' birth certificate. They denied it because they said it was not original. However, I phoned up and explained to the HSMP office that the certificate that the US state health departments issue are not original, they are 'original certified copies'.
The official ORIGINAL copy is not available to US citizens, they keep those records in the health department so that there will be proof of my being alive at some point. The guy at the HSMP didn't understand.
Has anyone else encountered this?
So, my next option for proof of age is the original driving license. And the HSMP guy told me to just send the DL then. I then explained to him that here it is required by law to have your driver's license with you at all times whilst driving, and I drive to and from work every day.
So, thats out. Then, the only other exception is the notarised copies of passport--in case of natural disaster or war, and those situations do not apply to me.
I can send explanations of all of these things and ask for 'exceptional consideration', but I am nervous about their weird tickyness.
Please advise--Heather[/quote]

hnbird
Newly Registered

American HSMP applicant

Post by hnbird » Tue May 22, 2007 5:18 pm

[quote="apeterso925"]Heather,

Since I don't have approval yet, I'm not 100% sure that what I have will satisfy the HO, but here was my rational for myself in what I sent (I'm a US citizen):

1) birth certificate - you're right, they're not originals and for that reason, I didn't think that alone was sufficient (nor did my solicitor).
2) DL - again, you're right...I'm just taking the risk of a ticket. While I'm sure the specifics vary by state, I can tell you from experience that all that might happen to me is that if I am being called out for something else (say, speeding), I will get an additional ticket for not having my license with me. The cop will be able to look me up on the scene from their patrol car, so it's not like they'll think I'm not licensed to drive. However, I am fortunate in that I am a city dweller...it takes 6 weeks to burn through a tank of gas.
3) Passport copies - I just included mine as further proof of my age.

Does that clarify anything? With sending your DL, you are taking a risk (my friends and family went balistic when I said I had to send that), but worst case scenario: 1) you get a ticket and then 2) you have to go sit at the DMV for half a day to get a new one. I think of a few worse things in life ;)

Okay, I understand, highly skilled migrants must be willing to get a ticket for the cause. ha. lovely. I was wondering if I was the only one that thought it weird.
While I have you on the line, a few other things that I can't get a straight answer from the HSMP office...I apologize in advance for the length.

First off, if I apply for a 'full reconsideration of my application with new supporting evidence' does that mean that I can use the same 12 months of earnings even though it is past the 15 month window now? (Jan06 to Jan 07)

The total gross earnings. I understand from the other posts that they should consider our total gross earnings amount even though some of the earnings are not 'reported to the tax authorities'. I have 401(k), medical insurance, cafeteria plan, and parking expenses deducted pre-tax. So the amount on my W-2 is about $20K less than my wage slips. They mention that the docs should 'be consistent with and corroborate' each other. Of course they won't. I submitted a letter from my employer, payslips from my co. accounting system, and a detailed explanation from my accountant. They refused because the pay slips weren't stamped and signed. Fair enough, my mistake. I misread the statement about 'on-line payslips' thinking that they meant those internet based server systems with private access, their printouts look generic to prevent identity theft.

I'm sure your W-2 won't match your wage slips, how did you explain the discrepancy? Do you think that I should submit statements from my 401k plan, cafeteria plan, med insurance, and so forth? My accountant suggested including information about the legality of paying for those items pre-tax. ?
Also, because I work on commission, I get 3 paychecks per month. 2 of them are guaranteed salary, the third is my month's commission. My commissision check is always a different amount, and I receive it between the 1st and the 5th each month. If I'm lucky. So, I'm squeaking by as it is with the dollar being so weak. I'm wondering if they'll accept to/from dates like May 5, 2006 to May 5, 2007? (that way I might have a better chance of getting the May 06 comm check and May 07 comm check within the 12 month period)
What do you think?

Thanks in advance--sorry again for the length--Heather

apeterso925

Re: American HSMP applicant - past earnings questions

Post by apeterso925 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:51 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice on the appeal process as I haven't had to do it (yet!).

I had the same concerns regarding the W2 that you do (I posted about it over the weekend), but my solicitor seems unconcerned and someone else from the forums got approval based on their full income, so I guess it's okay. Perhaps include an explanation of our pre-tax deduction laws with your application?

My wage slips show 2 taxable sums: 1) my actual total salary, before things like health insurance are deducted (and this is what I used in my application) and then 2) the sum that gets taxed, which is the sum from 1) minus my pre-tax deductions. Each wage slip itemizes the pre-tax deductions as well.

But I also submitted a letter from my employer which verifies the "1)" total though my W2 disagrees, so I am hopeful they will figure it out. Further, since I gather from others that the HO calls your employer to verify, then should they ask my payroll person about the discrepancy, she will explain.

I'm honestly a bit perplexed as to what the HO thinks they can glean out of our W2s. I know nothing of the tax systems in other countries, but I think we Americans are just unlucky in that our system is weird this way and since the HSMP guidelines are aimed at the world in general, they did not account for it. But count your blessings, you and I don't have to go through the translating nightmares! (The HO just thinks we can't spell ;) )

Per the income guidelines, our pre-tax income is legitimate, it's just difficult to make sense of. Unless the applicant is claiming a calendar year for their income, the lump sum on a W2 wouldn't match the applicant's wage slips unless the applicant made the exact same wage every pay period for more than a year...and I would think that's rarely true. If you're doing your job well, you'd get a raise :) And in my company, raises happen in March. IOW, in my case, the HO will not be able to take one of my wage slips from 2006 and multiply it to get the W2 sum - because the amount on the ones they have is higher than it was prior to March 2006.

So the short answer right now is: I don't know if my evidence is good enough, time will tell!

On your last question...my assumption is that it has to be no more (not even a day) more than 12 months. And isn't the period you list below 366 days? There are 26 pay periods in one year, per my company's pay schedule, so that is what I submitted. So, you could try but it doesn't sound right. It looks like the pound has taken a bit of a hit this week, so you might luck out on the exchange rate...it was down to 1.96 yesterday afternoon! :D

So hopefully at least some of that was useful!

Amy

The total gross earnings. I understand from the other posts that they should consider our total gross earnings amount even though some of the earnings are not 'reported to the tax authorities'. I have 401(k), medical insurance, cafeteria plan, and parking expenses deducted pre-tax. So the amount on my W-2 is about $20K less than my wage slips. They mention that the docs should 'be consistent with and corroborate' each other. Of course they won't. I submitted a letter from my employer, payslips from my co. accounting system, and a detailed explanation from my accountant. They refused because the pay slips weren't stamped and signed. Fair enough, my mistake. I misread the statement about 'on-line payslips' thinking that they meant those internet based server systems with private access, their printouts look generic to prevent identity theft.

I'm sure your W-2 won't match your wage slips, how did you explain the discrepancy? Do you think that I should submit statements from my 401k plan, cafeteria plan, med insurance, and so forth? My accountant suggested including information about the legality of paying for those items pre-tax. ?
Also, because I work on commission, I get 3 paychecks per month. 2 of them are guaranteed salary, the third is my month's commission. My commissision check is always a different amount, and I receive it between the 1st and the 5th each month. If I'm lucky. So, I'm squeaking by as it is with the dollar being so weak. I'm wondering if they'll accept to/from dates like May 5, 2006 to May 5, 2007? (that way I might have a better chance of getting the May 06 comm check and May 07 comm check within the 12 month period)
What do you think?

Thanks in advance--sorry again for the length--Heather[/quote]

hnbird
Newly Registered

American HSMP applicant - past earnings questions

Post by hnbird » Tue May 22, 2007 6:02 pm

Amy,

Thanks so much. Its nice to finally have another set of eyes looking at this from the US point of view. I was beginning to feel a bit crazy, especially since I really don't understand our weird pre-tax system/investment schemes anyway.

In the case of the 366 days, you're absolutely right. But do you think that if I send Jan 13 to Jan 12 is okay? (thats what I submitted in my first app.) I think I'll phone up the HSMP office again and ask about the 'reconsideration' stipulations. If thats the case, then I should be okay. I'll just send the stamps and signed and hope for the best. I posted this note on the other post from EdgeHillMole. I think you were corresponding with that person as well. (him?)
Oh, by the way, the process time was fairly quick for me. Application arrived in Sheffield April 11, refusal letter April 24. Less than two weeks.

Keep me posted if you get some scoop. I've got to run for now.
Take care--Heather