ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR_Success at PEO Croydon_Tier 1 (General)_Full Docs List

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alpha_t1
Newly Registered

ILR_Success at PEO Croydon_Tier 1 (General)_Full Docs List

Post by alpha_t1 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:58 pm

My application yesterday at Croydon was successful and took only about 2.5 hrs. I am on Tier 1 (General) and had included my wife in the application. I entered UK about 60 days after initial entry clearance date, went through one extension after 3 yrs, applied for ILR 7 days before its expiry (so had spent less than 5 yrs but satisfied all immigration rules). During my stay I was away for a total of less than 100 days (in one trip up to 40 days). I was away from the country even when I was unemployed for 5 months. Explained all this in my covering letter. In the recent years I have been working through a limited company, so the income details produced refer to that. My wife is also employed, so included some of her bank statements as well.

Given below is a comprehensive list of docs I produced (I had included this list as an enclosure in my covering letter), thanks to the discussions going on in this forum. Have a look and wish you good luck!!

Ref Document type Document description Number of docs

ILR application & ID documents

1 Application form (SET-O) ILR application form 1
2 Photographs Photographs of main applicant & dependent 4
3 Passports All passports of main applicant & dependent 3
4 BRPs Biometric Residence Permits of main applicant & dependent 2

Supporting documents for knowledge of language & life in the UK

5 LIUK Certificates Life in the UK pass certificates for main applicant & dependent 2

Supporting documents for points claimed (qualifications, earnings, UK experience, English language, maintenance funds)

6 Points calculator summary Details of points scored with the UKBA points calculator 1
7 Personal bank a/c statements Personal bank account statements for main applicant 12
8 Business bank a/c statements Business bank account statements for main applicant 4
9 Letter from accountants & attested company certificates Letter from accountants confirming income payments (to support points claimed for income); attested copies of Company Registration certificate, VAT registration certificate & PAYE registration letter from HMRC 1
10 Salary slips Salary slips (attested by the accountant) to support points claimed for income over last 12 months 12
11 Dividend vouchers Dividend vouchers (attested by the accountant) to support points claimed for income over last 12 months 3
12 Post graduate degree certificate Post-graduate degree certificate (to support points claimed for education) 1
13 Graduate degree certificate Graduate degree certificate (supporting document only, points not claimed for this) 1

Supporting documents for economic activity in last 5 years

14 P60s P60 certificates issued by the employers (proof of economic activity in the last 5 years) 5
15 HMRC employment history Employment history letter from HMRC (proof of economic activity in the last 5 years) 1
16 Letters from Employers Letters from employers confirming dates of employment 2

Supporting documents for dependent (relationship, co-habitation, maintenance funds from savings)

17 Marriage Certificate Marriage certificate (to confirm relationship with the dependent) 1
18 Tenancy agreements Tenancy agreements (to confirm co-habitation with the dependent over last 2 years) 2
19 Council tax bills Council tax bills (to confirm co-habitation with the dependent over last 2 years) 3
20 Additional documents (for co-habitation) Letters from HMRC, NHS and bills from service provider (EON) over the last 2 years, as proof of co-habitation 12
21 Joint bank a/c statements Joint bank account statements (to confirm co-habitation with the dependent over last 2 years) 25
22 Personal bank a/c statements Personal bank account statements for dependent 4
23 Personal savings a/c statements Personal savings account statements for dependent 6
24 UKBA approval letter (2011) Grant of previous extension of leave to remain in the UK under Tier-1 (General) status 1

Supporting documents for employment with the Limited Company (Kramah Consulting Ltd)
25 Company certificate Company registration certificate (attested by accountant) - details of the Limited Company (included in Ref-9) 1
26 VAT registration letter VAT registration letter (attested by accountant) - details of the Limited Company (included in Ref-9) 1
27 Insurance certificates Certificates of insurance held by the Limited Company 3
28 VAT receipts VAT receipts from HMRC to confirm VAT returns filed by the Limited Company over the last 2 years 5
29 Agency letter & employment contracts Letter from employment agency (Henderson Scott) supporting income/business of the Limited Company; employment contracts between the Limited Company & the agency 8
30 Invoices Invoices raised by the Limited Company 24
31 Agency payment notes Payment advices from the agency confirming payments made to the Limited Company for invoices raised over last 2 years 17

Total documents enclosed 169

alpha_t1
Newly Registered

Employer letters

Post by alpha_t1 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Just a quick note about the employer letters produced:
- they only mentioned the fact that I was employed with them and the dates of employment, they did not mention anything about when I was away from the country etc.

Thanks

CSREDDY25

Post by CSREDDY25 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Congratulations.
Thanks for sharing.

Bnod009
Newly Registered

Post by Bnod009 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Dear alpha_t1,

First of all, many congratulations!

Did you not have to provide any evidences for absences outside the UK?

Thanks in advance.

alpha_t1
Newly Registered

Post by alpha_t1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Each of my absences were for 40 days per year or less under the following employment conditions:
(1) employed (with 2 separate employers)
(2) unemployed
(3) employed through a limited company

For (1) - I provided employment reference letters from the respective employers, just stating the dates of employment, no reasons/dates for absence were provided in the letters.

I covered (2) and (3) with my covering letter. The only other evidence of those absences would have been my passports carrying the immigration stamps on the respective arrivals into the UK. Nothing else was provided.

Bnod009
Newly Registered

Post by Bnod009 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks very much alpha_t1.

Would you mind if you could forward me your covering letter (black ink-ing personal information) just to get some idea re its format?

Thanks in advance

alpha_t1
Newly Registered

Post by alpha_t1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:11 pm

Just a simple letter, covering the following details at high level:
- current immigration status (with details of any previous status, if different), date initial leave valid from and date of first arrival into the UK
- details of any dependents included in the application with the above info
- employment status over the 5 years (highlighting the types of employment, if different)
- for each 12 month period over last 5 years, list the absences: dates from/to, number of days for each absence, reason, employment type, employer name etc (if unemployed, state as unemployed)
- list of all docs enclosed with the application with brief descriptions for each

Bnod009
Newly Registered

Post by Bnod009 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:19 pm

Thanks very much alpha_t1 for your prompt responses.

jeremy001181

Post by jeremy001181 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:07 pm

Congraduations!!

One question, where did you get your points-based summary, I checked on Points-based calculator website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator
in the dropdown, it only has options for applying tier 1,2,4 and 5, no option for ILR???

jeremy001181

Post by jeremy001181 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:13 pm

and do you need to provide print copies of each document?

rohankumar01
Newly Registered

Online Booking Query

Post by rohankumar01 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:35 am

First of all I like you to Congratulate

During the online booking process in a beginning a question they ask which confuse me.

Which category of leave are you applying for?

1 Tier 1 (General)
2 Tier 2
3 Other Main Applicant
4 Dependent

Right now I am on Tier 1(General) in my 5th year. My visa is about to finish in oct 2013 So, I am going to applying for SET(O) for ILR.

Do you have any idea that which option do I need to choose.

alpha_t1
Newly Registered

Post by alpha_t1 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Your immigration status has 2 elements:
- category (Tier 1 G), which would remain the same, unless you want to change it to something else
- expiry, which would change with ILR (from limited leave to indefinite leave)