ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Family Visitor Visa vs Tourist Visa for visiting husband?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

redridinghood
Newly Registered

UK Family Visitor Visa vs Tourist Visa for visiting husband?

Post by redridinghood » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Hello

I married my british partner in June whilst on a tourist visa and once my visa expired I left the uk to the schengen area and am in germany currently. Originally he was to join me and possibly we go back under an EU family permit after living in another eu country, however, he has started a new job which should satisfy the financial requirement so we are weighing up which route to take for me to apply for my visa.

I want to visit my husband and friends soon for a few weeks, do I have to apply for the family visitors visa or can i go on a tourist visa? Have seen that as an option when i researched

And I have not been back to Australia since december 2012-previously I was on a 2 year youth mobility visa that expired in june 2012. And I was in London on a tourist from december to june..and i was questioned throughly about why I was visiting again and whether i intended to work and had my bags searched but got a 6 month visa after i answered questions and they did this

So I'm worried about ties to home country and whether they would know at the border I was married to him if I went as a tourist and didn't disclose I was visiting him? I have no intention of overstaying but I don't want it to look this way. I could also disclose and show them our marriage certificate which I have.

And I have made an appointment for a one year working visa for germany before my 90 day schengen once expires so would return to berlin..

Would funds, a printout of this german visa appointment be sufficient proof I wouldn't overstay to the officer? I intend to return to berlin anyway and if he were to join i would switch visas..

Am confused about which visitor visa would be best and about showing proof I wouldn't overstay, I have never in the past.

Many thanks