ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

arriving at gatwick

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rogerq

arriving at gatwick

Post by rogerq » Tue May 22, 2007 7:47 pm

when my wife arrives at gatwick (she has obtained a settlement visa) she will be carrying some of her favourite dvd"s and music cd"s...

...do these items need to be declared? they are for her personal use...is there any limit to how many she can bring with her?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: arriving at gatwick

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 22, 2007 8:04 pm

rogerq wrote:when my wife arrives at gatwick (she has obtained a settlement visa) she will be carrying some of her favourite dvd"s and music cd"s...

...do these items need to be declared? they are for her personal use...is there any limit to how many she can bring with her?
Nah, unless she's got millions of them and could resell them!

Limit I guess is up to her baggage allowance or more if she wants to pay excess. My wonderful partner bought 60kgs of books to take home to Russia. I ferried them over using my 20kg allowance plus a pair of socks and an underpant as a change of clothes for me for two weeks.

Eventually got them over, now she's here we're ferrying them back plus what's she's collected in Berlin, plus what's she's left at a friends in Hamburg.

When she finishes her placement in Berlin in Oct, me and my two daughters are going over to come back with her, empty cases outbound, loaded up to the gills inbound. Can't wait.....