ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:17 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:@dapsonlee errrrrrm it sounds a bit far fetched.. I cant quite see how the situation in Syria can possibly affect us and your immigration solicitor like.....

Im pretty clueless when it comes to politics so I may be wrong...

Hopefully you will be getting response from your MP shortly hun, despite your solicitor warning you that things will slow down . :roll:
Well trust them to say a lot bull pre and post holiday/bank holidays I am sure they will come to their Senses by next Monday this week being a short one and all.

OnlyMe had done a runner. I guess that is what happens when your wish gets granted, the word "don't look back" is on repeat on his device. We should be happy for him. May The Lord who done his, favour us and grant our heart desires
You think so ?? He just eloped like??
Hmmmmm you're probably right...........
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:24 pm

[/quote]@believe2013. Ogaju oyinbo po.too much grammar .lol[/quote]
Hi yahwadud didn't understand sorry, I guess we come from different parts of the world sir. I hope you are well - Regards,
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:29 pm

verbina wrote:
pink nails wrote:Missed so much being away from the internet for 2 weeks.

Congrats to everyone who's been granted and to those still waiting and fighting through appeal or JR, keep strong.

Went to the reporting centre on the 20th, I found it a depressing place. Went through security, checked and removed anything dangerous from my bag (tweezers, pen and keys). Waited, then was called through to a booth, the lady asked if I'd been before I said no, she did something on her computer then told me I have to report there every month.

Nothing else happening still waiting for appeal date.

Awwwwh you poor love !! Its a pretty traumatic experience when you go to report for the first time, especially in Beckets House in London.
Is this where you had to go?
Was funny I once had 2 pairs of scissors in my bag lol they kept the bag at security desk until I was finished :)

Thanks. No, mine was in Solihull. I made it out still free ( or as free as one can be in this situation anyway) so Im ok.

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:59 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:Hello people!!!! I hope you all had a smashing weekend!!!

Ok I just got a copy of the letter sent by my solicitor to the senior caseworker this morning ... Its seriously S**T!!!!

@dapsonlee you was totally right about a pre-bank holiday frenzy, although in my solicitor's case it was a 'pre-annual leave trip to New York ' frenzy grrrr!

So yeah I didnt get a chance to see and correct whatever s been sent early enough, so I thought I will try and rectify some damage at least by writing to my MP and slating my solicitors and hoping it wont be held against me.

Here's my email to my MP:

Dear sir,

Thank you so so much for taking your time to help me with my query.

As soon as I received your last letter with a detailed advice from the senior caseworker I forwarded it on to my legal representatives. By the time they got back to me it was rather late on Friday and my solicitor reassured me he will discuss everything with his seniors before taking any action and get back to me.

I only learned this morning that my solicitor is on his annual leave as of today and Friday was his last day at work, so he went ahead and drafted a letter on my behalf that has been posted this morning.

I requested for a copy of the letter to be emailed to me (please see the attachment above).

Im very disappointed by my solicitor's actions as he was supposed to discuss with me first which of the two given options we were going to take. Im also deeply unhappy with the quality of the letter itself, its clearly been done in a haste and all my solicitor has done is made references to previous representations without outlining my family circumstances directly to the senior caseworker, as requested by her. I totally disagree with the overall tone of it and I believe I could've worded everything better myself if I was allowed to do so.

As instructed by you, the copy of the letter is attached above.

Once again thank you very much for taking your time to help me.

Sincerely yours.

Anastasia Verbina.

Errrrrrm what do you think guys?? Does it make any sense??
Im major brain-dead today post bank holiday weekend , so I seriously couldnt think straight at all when I was writing it... :(
I guess the aim of this letter is totally on point, these solicitors, in the wake of an approaching holiday, they just mess things up like it really does not matter. I really wished you had constructed it yourself and sent it off. I know Believe2013 will sort you a link and I hope it really does help.

Don't panic and keep the faith Hun, you still on the road to success. Is there a way his letter can be rebuffed by the case worker and another be accepted if your MP intervene?
Exactly :( and you was totally right I should've been on the ball and double checked everything myself! Damn!!!

So I figured I better grovel to my MP hoping he will be able to sort it out somehow. Im keeping everything crossed they will give me another chance...
I hope you get a reply soon! My solicitor rung me up this afternoon that things might slow down a bit due to the political tension erupting in Syria at the moment. I just laughed, lives put on hold to sort out the sales of more weapons. So all hands are on deck as all MPs holidays are cut short to return to work from Thursday. I really just don't get and I doubt we ever will. I am here trying to have a life to continue with life but Syria is now a priority! Sigh!!!
Bull shit..Syria has nothing to do with HO!
But , yes we might find difficulty to get hold of MP's as they might be busy with meetings or in parliament to discuss abt the mass destructive weapons in Syria ( issue will be weather to support USA or not against war on Syria )

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:09 pm

verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Hi Verbina,

I did thanks and hope you too. Your email to your MP is correct, diplomatically worded and succinct. After all he has direct access to the senior caseworker and he should be able to sympathetically convey your sentiments without prejudice. I will try and find the link to an article I came across last night when I was doing some research written by a barrister warning solicitors not to be too abrasive in their correspondence with the HO as it will result in them dragging their feet and purposely sitting on case files etc - they are humans too so you can't rule out the element of vindictiveness. I will try find it and revert. Great recovery work - well done.
@believe

Oh babe!!!! Thank you !!!! You re an absolute LEGEND!!!!!!!! I really needed to hear this!! :oops:
Hi again Verbina,

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2011/02/ ... or-appeal/

Please refer to PO's comment 14 feb 2011 at 2.31 pm - the second last paragraph.

regards,

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:35 pm

[quote="SDP"][quote="shareen24h"]Hello everybody.

Good morning.We hope some god news today. Please see the links some good news for long waiting people.

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/topic/ ... migration/[/quote]

Hmm...why was UK visa requesting their pics again ? May be they didn't do their biometrics earlier .and we are also not sure what type of cases they are dealing with ?[/quote]

@SDP

It could be the legacy cases. But requesting applicants and their family photos or further documents is good sign for applicant? What do you think guys?.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Could be right Shareen - Free movement wrote a blog 'Born Again legacy

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2013/07/ ... in-legacy/

Sorry for the over-kill in terms of referencing from freemovement.org.uk - I find it incredibly helpful

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:06 pm

pink nails wrote:
verbina wrote:

Congrats to everyone who's been granted and to those still waiting and fighting through appeal or JR, keep strong.

Went to the reporting centre on the 20th, I found it a depressing place. Went through security, checked and removed anything dangerous from my bag (tweezers, pen and keys). Waited, then was called through to a booth, the lady asked if I'd been before I said no, she did something on her computer then told me I have to report there every month.

Awwwwh you poor love !! Its a pretty traumatic experience when you go to report for the first time, especially in Beckets House in London.
Was funny I once had 2 pairs of scissors in my bag lol they kept the bag at security desk until I was finished :)

Thanks. No, mine was in Solihull. I made it out still free ( or as free as one can be in this situation anyway) so Im ok.
@pink nails it's well!!!

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:20 pm

[quote="Believe2013"]Could be right Shareen - Free movement wrote a blog 'Born Again legacy

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2013/07/ ... in-legacy/

Sorry for the over-kill in terms of referencing from freemovement.org.uk - I find it incredibly helpful[/quote]

@ Belive2013

Thank you for your comment. I also found www.freemovement.org.uk is most familiar one.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:58 pm

pink nails wrote:
verbina wrote:

there is only one lady who looks kinda rude she kinda big :twisted: haha they do something on computer to see whats happening with the status and if any notice from ukba

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:09 am

Good morning people,,good news are definetely coming in this week..
@verbina,my iron lady,i believe the senior case worker has alreadymade her decision to favour you all other thing she s askin for is formalty.....why???? I guess one of the reasons is cos yr mp intervened although d mp first response to you seemed like he has no say in Ho decision on yr case and i believe they are nt meant to give d impression of doin otherwise
As for yr solicitor,i think most of them sound overly proffessional and d tone of their letters are so harsh....by quoting and making refrences claiming d visa is yr right ......my solicitor ws like dat for my first applicatn when i called his attentn to it he said to me we shld not sound like we are begging them...and it paid off in d end
Its a good thing you wrote yr mp .......my dear dont worry, you will get yr visa....remember mr yahwadud said d same thing......we shall be jettin of to las vegas soon to celebrate

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:16 am

@ plnknails i hope they did nt mess up yr beautiful nails?it is well with you my dear.....this unpleasant ordeal will end soon and yr visa will be granted in jesus name..am sending u cyber hugs and kisses

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:26 am

@dapson dont worry my dear d syrian crisis will nt affect visa processin.....i dont know why yr solicitor said it will slow things down......how does my typing skills affect d price of fish in d market?Lol No logic behind it....it is well bro :D :D

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:12 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@dapson dont worry my dear d syrian crisis will nt affect visa processin.....i dont know why yr solicitor said it will slow things down......how does my typing skills affect d price of fish in d market?Lol No logic behind it....it is well bro :D :D
:D :D :D

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:07 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@dapson dont worry my dear d syrian crisis will nt affect visa processin.....i dont know why yr solicitor said it will slow things down......how does my typing skills affect d price of fish in d market?Lol No logic behind it....it is well bro :D :D
I guess like SDP mentioned with MPs voting for/against syrian war, dealing with individual issues will be strained for a while BUT yet again Lol sigh!!! You guys are just amazing with analysing words EPIC!!! I am not moved though coz I know the outcome for many of us will be positive.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:39 am

yummymummy3j wrote:Good morning people,,good news are definetely coming in this week..
@verbina,my iron lady,i believe the senior case worker has alreadymade her decision to favour you all other thing she s askin for is formalty.....why???? I guess one of the reasons is cos yr mp intervened although d mp first response to you seemed like he has no say in Ho decision on yr case and i believe they are nt meant to give d impression of doin otherwise
As for yr solicitor,i think most of them sound overly proffessional and d tone of their letters are so harsh....by quoting and making refrences claiming d visa is yr right ......my solicitor ws like dat for my first applicatn when i called his attentn to it he said to me we shld not sound like we are begging them...and it paid off in d end
Its a good thing you wrote yr mp .......my dear dont worry, you will get yr visa....remember mr yahwadud said d same thing......we shall be jettin of to las vegas soon to celebrate
Awwwwh @yummymummy, the dearest!!!!! It sounds like an absolute dream... Oh how I hope this is really the case!!!!
Its so reassuring to hear you had a similar concern with your solicitor's abrupt manner and ultimately it worked in your favour with your first application!

Heee heee heee sunny Vegas here we come!!!! xxxx

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:45 am

Believe2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:

I did thanks and hope you too. Your email to your MP is correct, diplomatically worded and succinct. After all he has direct access to the senior caseworker and he should be able to sympathetically convey your sentiments without prejudice. I will try and find the link to an article I came across last night when I was doing some research written by a barrister warning solicitors not to be too abrasive in their correspondence with the HO as it will result in them dragging their feet and purposely sitting on case files etc - they are humans too so you can't rule out the element of vindictiveness. I will try find it and revert. Great recovery work - well done.
@believe

Oh babe!!!! Thank you !!!! You re an absolute LEGEND!!!!!!!! I really needed to hear this!! :oops:
Hi again Verbina,

Please refer to PO's comment 14 feb 2011 at 2.31 pm - the second last paragraph.

regards,
@believe

Awwwh thank you darl!!! Yep they all talk about 'carefully worded' letters to HO ... oh well I ll just wait and see what happens and keep everything crossed in the meantime.....

@socrates Where are you? Whats happening with your appeal now hun?

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:50 am

dapsonlee wrote:
I guess like SDP mentioned with MPs voting for/against syrian war, dealing with individual issues will be strained for a while BUT yet again Lol sigh!!! You guys are just amazing with analysing words EPIC!!! I am not moved though coz I know the outcome for many of us will be positive.
Egypt, Libya and Tunisia are at the brink of civil war, the last thing we want is this govt to stir into a hornet's nest and bomb Syria. Hezbollah who are notorious terrorists (worse than Al Qaeda) will surely bring the war and commotion to these shores. The best solution is stop selling arms to these thugs...... Again the British and their double standards *sigh* MPs should concentrate on helping their constituents sort out their immigration status rather than indulge in this war-mongering frenzy lol! oh Good morning global citizens!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:04 pm

verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:

@believe

Hi again Verbina,

regards,
@believe

Awwwh thank you darl!!! Yep they all talk about 'carefully worded' letters to HO ... oh well I ll just wait and see what happens and keep everything crossed in the meantime.....

hello,

Well usually you are supposed to get a hearing date within 6 weeks of being granted permission to proceed for JR. I'm not too far off that to be honest but I don't think they will prioritise my case as I am not earmarked for removal as yet so I could be in for a painful wait. We have GOD, TIME, HOPE and EACH OTHER on the forum so I am pretty upbeat.
Last edited by Believe2013 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Hello Guys and Dolls....*waves*

@Socrates,Verbina,SDP,yummymummy,believe,Chidy,dapsonlee and others fellow bloggers are failed to mentioned,thank you for your heartfelt support and may God grant you a stay in Jesus name.We are all soldiers and we shall prevail no matter the challenges we face for God is our Shielf and Safe Refuge....not forgetting a Mighty Conquerer and that through Him,everything is possible!

I disappeared for a while due to the hustling and trying to sort out the JR issue.I met with my solicitor who suggested we go for JR and as we speak they're in the process of submitting it.I believe that God will make a way where there's no way.I pray that all goes and they grant me a stay.The sheffield whoppers failed to even give me an appeal,consider length of stay,human rights and other reasons that don't remember.All I know is that God is dealing with the HO and Law Enforcement team by Fire by Force.I Rebuke the refusal letter and claim my stay in Jesus name of Nazareth!!!!

@Socrates,I got the very same copy and paste rubbish but they don't have my passport which has expired.A friend once said don't let them have ur pp and I don't even know where it is...lol. All shall be well with you and never give up!!

@New bloggers...welcome to the forum and all the best with your applications.

Let's stay positive and keep on praying!!!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Hey Keisha,

Fantastic news, Amen. we may be battered and bruised but by no means down. Great fighting spirit. All the best with the JR.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:
@believe

Hi again Verbina,

regards,
@believe

hello,

Well usually you are supposed to get a hearing date within 6 weeks of being granted permission to proceed for JR. I'm not too far off that to be honest but I don't think they will prioritise my case as I am not earmarked for removal as yet so I could be in for a painful wait. We have GOD, TIME, HOPE and EACH OTHER on the forum so I am pretty upbeat.
Oh 6 weeks wait for JR doesnt sound unreasonably long!! So you will be getting your hearing date quite soon then with God's Grace!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Egypt, Libya and Tunisia are at the brink of civil war, the last thing we want is this govt to stir into a hornet's nest and bomb Syria. Hezbollah who are notorious terrorists (worse than Al Qaeda) will surely bring the war and commotion to these shores. The best solution is stop selling arms to these thugs...... Again the British and their double standards *sigh* MPs should concentrate on helping their constituents sort out their immigration status rather than indulge in this war-mongering frenzy lol! oh Good morning global citizens!
Well everyone of these politicians is a liar. War is a lucrative business and a beautiful way of emptying their armoury in order to fill it up with newer weapons. Who do you think supplied Syria with the chemical weapons, Russia did, Britain and America sold them guns and so on, so going to war just justifies more sales (a smarter way of showing these countries the newer toys they have in stock) Who do they think they are fooling?

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Keisha wrote:Hello Guys and Dolls....*waves*

@Socrates,Verbina,SDP,yummymummy,believe,Chidy,dapsonlee and others fellow bloggers are failed to mentioned,thank you for your heartfelt support and may God grant you a stay in Jesus name.We are all soldiers and we shall prevail no matter the challenges we face for God is our Shielf and Safe Refuge....not forgetting a Mighty Conquerer and that through Him,everything is possible!

I disappeared for a while due to the hustling and trying to sort out the JR issue.I met with my solicitor who suggested we go for JR and as we speak they're in the process of submitting it.I believe that God will make a way where there's no way.I pray that all goes and they grant me a stay.The sheffield whoppers failed to even give me an appeal,consider length of stay,human rights and other reasons that don't remember.All I know is that God is dealing with the HO and Law Enforcement team by Fire by Force.I Rebuke the refusal letter and claim my stay in Jesus name of Nazareth!!!!

@Socrates,I got the very same copy and paste rubbish but they don't have my passport which has expired.A friend once said don't let them have ur pp and I don't even know where it is...lol. All shall be well with you and never give up!!

Thank Goodness you good Keisha and really happy to hear how far you have taken the battle to the battle field. The war of Jericho fell exactly the same way and I believe that victory is yours in the very end and for all of us too. Gosh you and Verbina are like 10 of Margaret Thatcher (in a good way) strong and very indestructible lol. May God strengthen us all.

Yummymummy many have come received good news and left, but humility is a rare thing amongst many and may God who comforts us in this time continue to give you grace and bless you immensely. Just to say thank you. ☺

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Keisha wrote:Hello Guys and Dolls....*waves*

@Keisha Its good to hear from you girl ! You and your solicitor been pretty busy and sorted your JR in record time!! We all here are praying for you and well done for keeping the positive spirits!!!