ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does it have to be minimum 12 month earnings???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mayhsmpapplicant
Newly Registered

Does it have to be minimum 12 month earnings???

Post by mayhsmpapplicant » Tue May 22, 2007 10:46 pm

Hi All!

I have a dilemma about previous earnings. It states in the HSMP guidelines April 2007;

We will assess your gross earnings before tax
over a total period of up to 12 months out of the
15 months immediately prior to your application.
The earnings can be for any 12 month period out
of the last 15 months.

My earnings with my employer have been GB23,300 between 23rd May 2006 and 5th April 2007 and I want to claim this period to ensure i dont have to provide any further evidence to claim earning points e.g. letter from employer or bank statements and claim exceptional circumstances.

I have got my original payslips since 23rd May 2006 to 5th April 2007 + P60 for Tax year 2006/2007

Can i possibly claim points for 10 and half months of earnings as I have been working for almost 12 months but want to claim points till the 5th of April so that my payslips tally with the P60 which is generated on the 5th of April every year in the UK.

Or do I have to show a minimum period of 12 months to claim any earning points??

Please share any ideas as this will really help me with the timing of my HSMP application.

Thanks!

hnbird
Newly Registered

Re: Does it have to be minimum 12 month earnings???

Post by hnbird » Tue May 22, 2007 11:32 pm

[quote="mayhsmpapplicant"]Hi All!

I have a dilemma about previous earnings. It states in the HSMP guidelines April 2007;

[i][b]We will assess your gross earnings before tax
over a total period of [color=red]up to[/color] 12 months out of the
15 months immediately prior to your application.
The earnings can be for any 12 month period out
of the last 15 months. [/b][/i]

My earnings with my employer have been GB23,300 between 23rd May 2006 and 5th April 2007 and I want to claim this period to ensure i dont have to provide any further evidence to claim earning points e.g. letter from employer or bank statements and claim exceptional circumstances.

I have got my original payslips since 23rd May 2006 to 5th April 2007 + P60 for Tax year 2006/2007

Can i possibly claim points for 10 and half months of earnings as I have been working for almost 12 months but want to claim points till the 5th of April so that my payslips tally with the P60 which is generated on the 5th of April every year in the UK.

Or do I have to show a minimum period of 12 months to claim any earning points??

Please share any ideas as this will really help me with the timing of my HSMP application.

Thanks![/quote]

Dear mayhsmpapplicant,

There is a part of the guidance notes that mentions part-time earnings and/or secondments. I believe those notes will apply to you. They provide some sort of formula that they use to calculate it. If you can't find it, just let me know and I'll look for it tomorrow.
However, I may have read your post incorrectly, but please do make sure and send in as much information as possible so that they can verify your income. I sent my payslips, letter from employer, and statement from my accountant. I still got a refusal because they said that the income statements didn't seem official. So, the more information the better. Good luck--HNBIRD