ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA APPLICATION

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

murphylee
Newly Registered

EEA APPLICATION

Post by murphylee » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:56 pm

I am an a non EU citizen married to an EU citizen back in january and both of us living in the uk,my current tier 4 visa would be expired by sept 15 and i have made my application for the 5years eu family permit visa since july 1 almost 8weeks ago but i have not heard from the home office not even the first letter to confirm that they have my application ,dont know what to do,

should i call them?(people say they would tell me to wait 6months before calling)
should i carry on waiting?

Whats the point of waiting when i dont even know if they have my application?someone help with some advice.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by murphylee on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doublestarxx
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Doublestarxx » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:59 pm

You can ring them 01516725626, option 1 and then 2. You can find out if they really have ur application and also request for ur COA to be issued

murphylee
Newly Registered

Post by murphylee » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Doublestarxx wrote:You can ring them 01516725626, option 1 and then 2. You can find out if they really have ur application and also request for ur COA to be issued

Thanks @doublestar.and what if they said no they dont have it?or they said they dont know why and didnt try to help?you know how this people operates,they dont give direct answers

Doublestarxx
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Doublestarxx » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Normally they are obliged to disclose if your application is with them as long as they are able to verify ur identity. They ask you personal question about you like place of birth. Things relating to ur passport details, and address after that they are able to pull up ur details. Another question is when did u submit it. It normally takes 2wks to month to get COA. recently they started sending confirmation that they have taken payment (letter), then say in a week or 2 you receive COA

Doublestarxx
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Doublestarxx » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:23 pm

Sorry I just saw that u said u sent it on the 1st of july. Did u send it by recorded delivery? If so they must have received it, so just ring them tomorrow by 9am exactly so that u can get to speak to them when it's less busy as their lines are always busy, u might wait up to 10-20mins to speak to them

murphylee
Newly Registered

EEA 1

Post by murphylee » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:04 am

Doublestarxx wrote:Sorry I just saw that u said u sent it on the 1st of july. Did u send it by recorded delivery? If so they must have received it, so just ring them tomorrow by 9am exactly so that u can get to speak to them when it's less busy as their lines are always busy, u might wait up to 10-20mins to speak to them

ok thanks friend,i will do that asap.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:13 pm

They are required to immediately issue the COA and to issue the RC within 6 months.

murphylee
Newly Registered

Post by murphylee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:49 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:They are required to immediately issue the COA and to issue the RC within 6 months.

They have not issued my COA yet and i called to make a report but they asked me to check from royal mail and not them.I submmitted my application via my solicitor and i dont know what if the solicitor didnt make the submission and claiming to have?so i decided to confirm from them

Thanks if there is any way out pls advice

murphylee
Newly Registered

Post by murphylee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:50 am

Doublestarxx wrote:Sorry I just saw that u said u sent it on the 1st of july. Did u send it by recorded delivery? If so they must have received it, so just ring them tomorrow by 9am exactly so that u can get to speak to them when it's less busy as their lines are always busy, u might wait up to 10-20mins to speak to them

They have not issued my COA yet and i called to make a report but they asked me to check from royal mail and not them.I submmitted my application via my solicitor and i dont know what if the solicitor didnt make the submission and claiming to have?so i decided to confirm from them

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:28 pm

murphylee wrote:

did you call UKBA yet? if they have your files they will let you know if they have received it.

they will ask for your name , date of birth and nationality

murphylee
Newly Registered

Post by murphylee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:13 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
murphylee wrote:

did you call UKBA yet? if they have your files they will let you know if they have received it.

@askme,im trying to call them but im being told by the computer to wait for 6 months on the numbers that im calling pls could you help me with the right number if you have or any that does pls i need help guys

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:38 pm

murphylee wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:
murphylee wrote:

@askme,im trying to call them but im being told by the computer to wait for 6 months on the numbers that im calling pls could you help me with the right number if you have or any that does pls i need help guys

ok they told u to wait 6 months ? The computer or operator ?

if you wait you will be able to speak to someone. tell them your name and date of birth and nationality

and then can you ask for case reference number.

if they can give you case reference number then your application accepted.

You must then wait for COA ( letters from UKBA )

Doublestarxx
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Doublestarxx » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:15 am

Call by 9. As soon as it. Starts ringing press 1, then 2 immediately, that fast tracks u to the Ukba customer service queue. Like that u get to speak to an agent. Good luck