ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from TIER2 ICT to Tier2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anuvinay
Newly Registered

Switching from TIER2 ICT to Tier2 General

Post by anuvinay » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi,

My previous and current visas are as follows.
Initial Visa TIER 2 ICT Migrant valid from 28/06/2009 till 14/03/2011
1st extension T2 ICT EST STAFF Leave to Remain valid till 27/11/2012
2nd extension T2 ICT Long term Leave to Remain valid till 14/04/2013
Current visa
4th extension T2 ICT Long term Leave to Remain valid till 14/01/2014

I am plannng to switch to tier 2 general as I have got a sponsor who is ready to sponsor me.
1) In that case since my initial visa is before April 2010, I hope i can switch to tier2 general without any restriction?
2) Can i apply for ILR next year if i live in UK for one more year. Or will switching to tier 2 general reset my clock?
3) Reg: RLMT
a) My new sponsor is an Tier2 A rated company in London. the job offer is for a £75000 a year. the job posting is there in online jobsites and their company website (not in any of the gov websites) for a month now. I read in UKBA website that if the job offer is more than £71000 it is not necessary to post the job in jobcentre plus. Is my understanding correct?
b) Since the job posting is there in other websites for more than a months now (exactly 30 days), in that case can they directly issue the COS without waiting for 28 days?

Hoping to get answers soon. Thanks in advance.