ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6.2 Immigration History: How???

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rickname
Newly Registered

6.2 Immigration History: How???

Post by rickname » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 am

Hi all,

I feel a little stupid at the moment as I have been reading the forum now for the past hour searching for someone who has had the same question I have...but haven't found anything yet.

For section 6.2—does anyone have any pointers on how to go about figuring out when you had travelled in the last 5 years?

I travel a LOT for work and haven't really kept the best records (which was stupid, I know). Now I am wracking my brain to figure out how I will do this and not miss a trip. I suppose my passport stamps might be a good first bet, but if anyone has any pointers on how they easily figured this out (and how strict the Home Office might be if I miss a trip), it would be massively appreciated.

Regards,
Joel

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:01 am

I assume this is for a PBS set(o) application? If so, as long as your absences do not exceed 180 days per 12 month period you should be ok.

To work out absences, check credit card/bank statements to see if/when the card was used abroad perhaps?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rickname
Newly Registered

Post by rickname » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Hiya, yes, sorry this is for SET(O). Credit card is a good start—still quite tricky as I have travelled to the same locations for business and pleasure, but it's definitely a good start. I fear that perhaps I was abroad using a cash advance from the company (therefor not using a card).

Do you know how strict the case workers are on this if I missed it? I know it wasn't out for more than 180 days (especially non-business related), but I don't want to give them an excuse to refuse my application.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:57 pm

They'll still expect you to list absences, though shouldn't question them if <180 days per 12 months.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

momo_2013
Newly Registered
India

Post by momo_2013 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Passport will be your best bet. As colleague of mine did not remember the travels and had forgotten one of his trips on the form. The case worker found out while checking the stamps.

So probably passport

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:17 pm

if you work for an organisation that uses a dedicated travel agent like amex, they can get you the travel dates.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Stace_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Stace_ILR » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:10 pm

I would say your best bet is to go through your passport and make a note of every stamp that is in your passport and then link them up. I did this in Excel which was the easiest. Most stamps have the name of the place anyways which makes it easy. Its slightly time consuming but probably the easiest

natasha.madhok
Newly Registered

Post by natasha.madhok » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Passport does seem to be best / exhaustive list of all travels. I travel a lot too and have made a simple excel with references to In and Out stamps on the passport.

If you cover all the in / out stamps within the 5yr period, you know you havent missed any... hope this helps

anyway my appt is on 9th sept so i will post any feedback i get.

All the best!

rickname
Newly Registered

Post by rickname » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:04 am

Thanks so much all for all your help.

I spent some time going the passport route — all very time consuming, but seemingly foolproof I suppose.

Problems I have had with this route are:
1. Some stamps were just poorly inked. There are several I can barely make out.
2. The USA (I am American)—inconsistent stamping in general. Seem I rarely get stamps when I travel to the US, so I am hunting through my emails to find flight confirmations that compliment my incoming flights. Tricky!

Mostly there now...I will let you know how I fair as well. Any other tips are appreciated.

Best,
Joel