ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:03 pm

1 year and 4 months now, still no decision yet about my application.
Ale001

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:08 pm

Errrrm how peculiar.....
I just received another IS96 reporting letter, now from my local Portsmouth immigration enforcement folk. It tells me to report on September 3d at a different police station, quite away from my village like...
Why on earth would I need to go to a different place all the sudden?! Id only just been to report yesterday at my local police station , so Im not due for another 2 weeks?!!
Them lot are tripping out on some hard stuff I tell ya! :shock:
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:41 pm

@Believe..hope all is well with u and that soon you'll be receiving good news.

@Dapsonlee...Amen oo...*shoutsHallelujah*...any news yet or still waiting?

@Verbina...Girl,hope all is well with u and that the law enforcement not to pull funky stunts.Seems like they're starting with their dodgy street tendencies.I pray that its nothing serious as these whoppers are always unpredictable!

Its good to be back in the forum...*bigsmile*....*dancesazonto*

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Keisha wrote:@Believe..hope all is well with u and that soon you'll be receiving good news.

@Dapsonlee...Amen oo...*shoutsHallelujah*...any news yet or still waiting?

@Verbina...Girl,hope all is well with u and that the law enforcement not to pull funky stunts.Seems like they're starting with their dodgy street tendencies.I pray that its nothing serious as these whoppers are always unpredictable!

Its good to be back in the forum...*bigsmile*....*dancesazonto*

Heehee Ill have a li'l azonto dance with ya!!! 8)

progeny5kay

FLR O

Post by progeny5kay » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi everyone does anyone know the number to call for Flr(o) applications as I am trying to find out what is going on with this people, I have sent my application since the 5th of August 2013 and they have not taken money out of the account???

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR O

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:08 pm

progeny5kay wrote:Hi everyone does anyone know the number to call for Flr(o) applications as I am trying to find out what is going on with this people, I have sent my application since the 5th of August 2013 and they have not taken money out of the account???
You'll have to wait. Email them and ask if they've received your application.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:24 pm

They have sent me an acknowledgement letter that they have received it but they haven't taken the fee out of my account and according to other people the latest eas 10 working days am just a it worry and haven't they got contact number???

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:30 pm

verbina wrote:Errrrm how peculiar.....
I just received another IS96 reporting letter, now from my local Portsmouth immigration enforcement folk. It tells me to report on September 3d at a different police station, quite away from my village like...
Why on earth would I need to go to a different place all the sudden?! Id only just been to report yesterday at my local police station , so Im not due for another 2 weeks?!!
You lot are jokes!!😃not to worry I might just start moonwalking on kukere beat.

@Verbina is there a way you could find out why cos it better not be like "Taken", the film, you know reporting so close to the border only to whisk away quietly before a decision is made? Hmm I really pray not. Cos that move is dodgy like you get me (south London accent)
Last edited by dapsonlee on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:34 pm

progeny5kay wrote:They have sent me an acknowledgement letter that they have received it but they haven't taken the fee out of my account and according to other people the latest eas 10 working days am just a it worry and haven't they got contact number???
That's strange, with home office's obsession with the pound sterling, i know they take it out 2 weeks max after application submission. Call the number on your acknowledgement letter and see if you can be put through to find out what is going on otherwise just email like "The Guru" mentioned.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:50 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

@Verbina is there a way you could find out why cos it better not be like the rubbish Taken you know reporting so close to the border only to whisk away quietly before a decision is made? Hmm I really pray not. Cos that move is dodgy like you get me (south London accent)
* Sarf London accent* that is 8)

Errrm at first I was like gonna phone them people in Portsmouth and tell them that even though they will probably get to meet me sometime, this time hasnt come yet.....!!

But then I thought I might as well just go anyway and see what they have to say, Im not working, so I ve got way too much time on my hands! :)

Im mildly amused and perplexed with how out of sync their IT system is... They should be able to see one's outstanding applications at least lol

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:53 pm

I had a similar incident and kept asking my solicitor and was constantly told all is in hand. My application was sent back as invalid because the payment details were incorrect (two digits were transposed so the transaction was not honoured) Imagine how furious I was when I found out because it was my solicitor that filled out the form and all I did was sign it. I shouldered the blame as I should have thoroughly checked my payment details. So if you have a copy of the form have a look to make sure the payment details are correct. it's a pain in the backside because the whole process could be delayed by a month if the details are incorrect. perhaps ask your bank if an attempt was made to debit the application fee and they will be able to tell when and why it was not honoured. if nothing was attempted and you have the correct payment details then you sadly have to wait.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:01 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:They have sent me an acknowledgement letter that they have received it but they haven't taken the fee out of my account and according to other people the latest eas 10 working days am just a it worry and haven't they got contact number???
That's strange, with home office's obsession with the pound sterling, i know they take it out 2 weeks max after application submission. Call the number on your acknowledgement letter and see if you can be put through to find out what is going on otherwise just email like "The Guru" mentioned.
do you have the email address and also the letter they sent me just had reference number and thank you for the application there is no email address but there is web address

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Quick update folks, Spoke to HO yesterday and they have sent a package out to solicitors address on 24th of August (Saturday). When asked that HO doesnt work on saturday, i was told that packaging department does work on Saturday. Nothing received by solicitor as of today. Fingers cross folks :)... Lets see what i get

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:05 pm

junaidmirza wrote:Quick update folks, Spoke to HO yesterday and they have sent a package out to solicitors address on 24th of August (Saturday). When asked that HO doesnt work on saturday, i was told that packaging department does work on Saturday. Nothing received by solicitor as of today. Fingers cross folks :)... Lets see what i get

OMG!!!!! Fingers crossed there will be something tomorrow!!!!

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:06 pm

progeny5kay wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
do you have the email address and also the letter they sent me just had reference number and thank you for the application there is no email address but there is web address
Call them on 08706067766 and ask them the progress especially that the payment has not been yet taken out from the account

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:08 pm

verbina wrote:
junaidmirza wrote:Quick update folks, Spoke to HO yesterday and they have sent a package out to solicitors address on 24th of August (Saturday). When asked that HO doesnt work on saturday, i was told that packaging department does work on Saturday. Nothing received by solicitor as of today. Fingers cross folks :)... Lets see what i get

OMG!!!!! Fingers crossed there will be something tomorrow!!!!
Hope so, i will let every one know with the update. It may be the solicitors have received it as sometimes they don't tell till until few days as they gt alot of post every day as well.
Last edited by junaidmirza on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:08 pm

progeny5kay wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
I would check with the bank first before embarking on a wild goose chase. locating your application at this stage is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack honestly!!!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:09 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

I would check with the bank first before embarking on a wild goose chase. locating your application at this stage is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack honestly!!!
I think HO will atleast be able to tell him if they have tried to take the payment out or if there's any problem with the payment details, what you say @Beleive2013

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:12 pm

junaidmirza wrote:Spoke to HO today regarding my application and lady took my number and told me that she will call me back as she needs to make some inquiries. Received a call later on today and she told me that the case will be decided in next 2 to 3 weeks... Fingers cross guys... Inshah Allah a good news i will be sharing soon
Hi can i ask for the number you called Home Ofiice on please???

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:12 pm

progeny5kay wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
0870 606 7766 that's the number that should be on the acknowledgement letter but do ring it and see how far it takes you I think option 4 for other enquiries might be what you need.

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:14 pm

progeny5kay wrote:
junaidmirza wrote:Spoke to HO today regarding my application and lady took my number and told me that she will call me back as she needs to make some inquiries. Received a call later on today and she told me that the case will be decided in next 2 to 3 weeks... Fingers cross guys... Inshah Allah a good news i will be sharing soon
I have replied above with the number.
Its 08706067766 and then option 3.
Call them and ask them the progress especially that the payment has not been yet taken out from the account

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:17 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

@Verbina is there a way you could find out why cos it better not be like the rubbish Taken you know reporting so close to the border only to whisk away quietly before a decision is made? Hmm I really pray not. Cos that move is dodgy like you get me (south London accent)

Errrm at first I was like gonna phone them people in Portsmouth and tell them that even though they will probably get to meet me sometime, this time hasnt come yet.....!!

But then I thought I might as well just go anyway and see what they have to say, Im not working, so I ve got way too much time on my hands! :)

Im mildly amused and perplexed with how out of sync their IT system is... They should be able to see one's outstanding applications at least lol
Believe2013 once said, the inside of the Home office establishment is like walking into a dr. Who's phone booth and warped into an ancient time zone cos those guys are still stuck with the 70's machinery perhaps still using windows 95 or NT for their IT apps. So backwards those guys are.

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:19 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Believe2013 once said, the inside of the Home office establishment is like walking into a dr. Who's phone booth and warped into an ancient time zone cos those guys are still stuck with the 70's machinery perhaps still using windows 95 or NT for their IT apps. So backwards those guys are.
Lol, Windows 95... haha

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:19 pm

junaidmirza wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:
I have replied above with the number.
Its 08706067766 and then option 3.
Call them and ask them the progress especially that the payment has not been yet taken out from the account

@junaidmirza Just looking at your timeline, whoa, if there is definitely a package for you sent to your solicitors already, thats some supersonic result for your extension!!!!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:19 pm

That is some super quick response you got there and I pray it's good news. First one this week. Was your application a premium paid or just normal extension application?