ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jony_dhaka

Re: flr(m) advice plz

Post by jony_dhaka » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:08 pm

Rajiv this conversation was over day before yesterday and i am quiet since then . It looks like you guys are talking more about out of topic then me now :lol:
rajiv.80 wrote: Thanks , I totally agree with arsal. Yes mr jonny pls keep out of posting things which are not relevant of this foram or pls keep quiet that will be helpful for all of us. This forum is not for making jokes of this is not facebook. Tnx

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:35 pm

R556 wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:Dear Damanisshallo,Gurus & Well-wishers.

Firstly Great Thanks to Forum for incredible Advices which boost up my confidence.

Im eligible for LR in Sep 2013.

I had very critical time in 2007....Please Advice..

My SEGS expiry was on 19/12/2007.
I applied for Tier 2 approval (passport not required) in Mid Nov 2007,As I did not hear anything till 15 dec 2007.I had to send my passport to Tier 2 passport dept before approval (2 days before SEGS expiry). Unfortunately refusal in next week, But passport was sent previous week to HO(Tier2). Now as I knew passport will be back with refusal, In mean time (Cant remember days) I applied for student visa in Jan 2008 with out passport referring HO tier 2 acknowledgement letter.

Later passport is returned with refusal Black stamp dated 14/02/2008 referring SEGS visa page with removal notice.
And In few weeks time, received HO(student visa) letter to submit passport and approved from 01 April 2008 to Dec 2009. :shock:

1)Do you think my student application is in time, as my passport was still with Tier 2 HO but expecting refusal? :roll:
2)What does refusal stamps refer to or does this effect LR?
3)Gap between 19 Dec 2007 to 30 Mar 2008 was 110 days?

Please suggest ..Your support much appreciated...
Many thanks for your time. Looking forward please...

Irfan
Please Advice
Did they give you any right for appeal at the time you received refusal letter for your tier 2 application?
Yes, I had appeal option when Tier2 (stage1-approval stage) refused,But I had to ignore due to circumstances and applied for student visa before HO returned passport with removal notice. Please any experience / suggestions would help.

R556

Post by R556 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:58 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
R556 wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:Dear Damanisshallo,Gurus & Well-wishers.

Firstly Great Thanks to Forum for incredible Advices which boost up my confidence.

Im eligible for LR in Sep 2013.

I had very critical time in 2007....Please Advice..

My SEGS expiry was on 19/12/2007.
I applied for Tier 2 approval (passport not required) in Mid Nov 2007,As I did not hear anything till 15 dec 2007.I had to send my passport to Tier 2 passport dept before approval (2 days before SEGS expiry). Unfortunately refusal in next week, But passport was sent previous week to HO(Tier2). Now as I knew passport will be back with refusal, In mean time (Cant remember days) I applied for student visa in Jan 2008 with out passport referring HO tier 2 acknowledgement letter.

Later passport is returned with refusal Black stamp dated 14/02/2008 referring SEGS visa page with removal notice.
And In few weeks time, received HO(student visa) letter to submit passport and approved from 01 April 2008 to Dec 2009. :shock:

1)Do you think my student application is in time, as my passport was still with Tier 2 HO but expecting refusal? :roll:
2)What does refusal stamps refer to or does this effect LR?
3)Gap between 19 Dec 2007 to 30 Mar 2008 was 110 days?

Please suggest ..Your support much appreciated...
Many thanks for your time. Looking forward please...

Irfan
Please Advice
Did they give you any right for appeal at the time you received refusal letter for your tier 2 application?
Yes, I had appeal option when Tier2 (stage1-approval stage) refused,But I had to ignore due to circumstances and applied for student visa before HO returned passport with removal notice. Please any experience / suggestions would help.
As you had right for appeal so after your refusal your 3D leave was running and during the time you made a successful application so I think you are fine. You can explain the situation in covering letter.

Benito

Re: flr(m) advice plz

Post by Benito » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:30 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:Rajiv this conversation was over day before yesterday and i am quiet since then . It looks like you guys are talking more about out of topic then me now :lol:
rajiv.80 wrote: Thanks , I totally agree with arsal. Yes mr jonny pls keep out of posting things which are not relevant of this foram or pls keep quiet that will be helpful for all of us. This forum is not for making jokes of this is not facebook. Tnx
:D :D :D :D :D :D

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:35 pm

R556 wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:
R556 wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:
Please Advice
As you had right for appeal so after your refusal your 3D leave was running and during the time you made a successful application so I think you are fine. You can explain the situation in covering letter.
Thank you very much R556, your support much appreciated.

ak_akhan
Newly Registered

Post by ak_akhan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:50 pm

anyone got the link to flr m covering letter template please, thx

manwar

Post by manwar » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:04 pm

ak_akhan wrote:anyone got the link to flr m covering letter template please, thx

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... cj62L2j-cY

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR is under process

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi everyone, Please guys pray for me, long time I am waiting for decision, my application is still pending from Oct 2012. My MP wrote to Home office to expedite the case still waiting reply from Home office almost two week now.
My best wishes with everyone.

Regards
Amjad from Leeds

lucky13

Re: ILR is under process

Post by lucky13 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:45 am

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone, Please guys pray for me, long time I am waiting for decision, my application is still pending from Oct 2012. My MP wrote to Home office to expedite the case still waiting reply from Home office almost two week now.
My best wishes with everyone.

Regards
Amjad from Leeds
I, no I should say we all understand how it is to wait. Hope you will get a positive decision soon.
Did you call HO about this delay?

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Query

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:45 am

Soban wrote: I had a shortfall of 47 days so I submitted a FLRO application before the expiration of my visa and then varied it 28 days before the anniversary of my 10 years in the uk.

Still waiting to hear from HO
Well then looks like we are in a same boat.

Can i ask though did you submit you Biometrics for your FLR (O) application as well or did you vary it without bio submission? And what about the fee did you just pay the difference while making your ILR application or did you paid full fee for both applications.

I will really appreciate if you do mention your time-line and keep in touch so I can use you experience and knowledge for my application many thanks.
N/A

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:19 am

Hello Guys,

It is the first time that I have applied for any visa/extension in such a rush without going through weeks and weeks of preperation I hope it goes smoothly!

I have provided the following with my application

10 years based on

4.5 Years student

2 Years PSW

3.5 Years Tier 1 G

All Passports/Biometric Card
Life in the UK
3 Months Bank Statements
6 Months Payslips

Time for me to add my time lines
Application : SET (O) 10 year long residence
Application sent: 28th Aug 2013
Application Received: 29th Aug 2013
Payment deducted: None Yet
Acknowledgement letter received : None Yet

Thanks for sharing your valuable knowledge and experience here on this forum.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:13 am

alimohmand wrote: Application : SET (O) 10 year long residence
Looks like you picked up a wrong form its actually
Set (LR)
N/A

mianswat
Newly Registered

ILR News

Post by mianswat » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:20 am

Hi All,

I have been a silent visitor of this site and in particular this topic for the last 9 months.

My details are;
I was shy of 2 days from 10 years (including 28 days period), i had to apply for another visa two cover these two days

My time line is
First Application for Entrepreneur sent : 30/08/2012
Application varied to ILR: 16/10/2012
Biometric done: 14/06/2012
Biometric Card Received: 28/08/2013 (dated 23/08/2013)
Passports+docs: Waiting

The reason to share this information is give hope to all those waiting for more than 8 months
Mine took 2 days shy of a whole year.

And now i Feel fresh :)

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: ILR News

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:38 am

mianswat wrote:Hi All,
My time line is
If your first application was on 30/08/2012 how have you done bios on 14/06/2012 ?
N/A

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:53 am

I think he tried to say 14/9/2012 . Unfortunately number 9 flipped over :lol:. I Don't blame him . More then 8 month wait can cause any one hallucinations but congratulation anyway . :D

Tier 4 wrote:
My time line is
If your first application was on 30/08/2012 how have you done bios on 14/06/2012 ?

mianswat
Newly Registered

Post by mianswat » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:13 am

Sorry guys it was a typo, biometric was done on 14/06/2013***

NeedAdvice62
Newly Registered

Re: 10 YEAR RESIDENCY AND FAMILY MEMBERS

Post by NeedAdvice62 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
NeedAdvice62 wrote:Dear Damanisshallo,

I have checked UK-Naric website but Statement of Comparability does not contain any information on the medium of instruction.It means I also need to apply English Language Assessment by UK-Naric.

Please check the question and answer that I found on the UK- Naric website as follows.

What is the difference between a Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment?

The UK NARIC Statement of Comparability is an officially recognised document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in the UK, irrespective of it being an academic, vocational or professional award. It does not contain any information on the medium of instruction.

The English Language Assessment assesses whether an individual's English language proficiency is equivalent to CEFR level C1, based on completion of an English language test or academic qualifications taught in English. This service comments only on English proficiency and does not include information on the comparable level of the award.

What you suggest now? Do I need to apply for both Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment or not?

I'd say go for English Language Assessment as it clearly states.
UKNARIC wrote:UK NARIC's English Language Assessment provides an assessment and a statement:
  • to confirm whether an individual's approved English language test meets the required level of English language proficiency (CEFR level C1)
    to confirm whether your degree has been taught in English and meets the required level of English language proficiency (CEFR level C1).
Secondly you also advised that instead of Master degree I should use the Bachelor degree, But to meet the English Language requirement the qualification must be at least equivalent to Uk Bachelor Degree.
As I assume that
Pakistan Bachelor degree is not equivalent to UK Bachelor Degree
Pakistan Master degree may be equivalent to atleast UK Bachelor Degree

Please Advice me what is the best for me to follow as statement of comparability can compare overseas Master degree to UK equivalent but Uk-Naric does not provide an English language assessment of overseas degrees which are comparable to UK Master's and research degrees.

Waiting for your reply.
UKNARIC wrote:UK NARIC will not be able to assess any tests, which are not included on the Home Office list of approved English language tests or provide an English language assessment of overseas degrees which are comparable to UK Master's and research degrees.
However, Sarara did managed to get her master's degree assessed.
Dear Damanisshall

From the UKBA website I have pasted Question and answer as follows:

I have a degree/PhD but it is not included on the points based calculator. Will you still accept it as evidence I meet the English requirement?

We can only accept Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees and PhDs that are recognised by UK NARIC.

If your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD is recognised by UK NARIC please submit evidence of your qualification as indicated above.

If you cannot find your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD on the points-based calculator, you may still be able to use it to meet the English requirement. In these circumstances you should contact UK NARIC directly for an assessment of the level of the qualification and, if UK NARIC confirms it is of the required level, obtain a letter and/or confirmation certificate from UK NARIC. You can find a link to the UK NARIC website below. It is an independent website, for which we are not responsible. It may charge a fee for confirming qualifications. http://www.naric.org.uk/
You can then supply this statement of compatibility from UK NARIC with your application. However if UK NARIC cannot confirm the equivalence of your qualification you will not be able to use it to meet the new English language requirement.[/u]

Based on the above if I do not have a statement from UK Naric for level equivalent to UK about my overseas qualification then I do not think that Statement of English assessment alone from UK NARIC will meet the requirement.

Please sort out the confusion that I am in at the moment and advice what statement from Uk Naric I need to apply?

Further I am as on tier 2 general visa and i have to go to pakistan for 5 to 7 days for my brother wedding please advice me.
As my employer is very co-operative and ready to provide me anything which I need and my question is as follows:

Do my employer need to report through Sponsorship Management System about my 5 to 7 days leave to UKBA?

Do I need any employer letter and please provide me a sample of the letter so that my employer can give me the same in the company letter head?

Looking forward your reply as soon as possible .

Kind regards.
Last edited by NeedAdvice62 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucky13

Timeline

Post by lucky13 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:29 am

Can anyone update my timeline in the SkyDrive:
Application sent: 15 /08/2013
Acknowledgement: 19/04/2013

jony_dhaka

Re: Timeline

Post by jony_dhaka » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:38 am

I think you already hallucinating my friend .:lol:
How come you get your acknowledgment letter even before you applied .?
lucky13 wrote:Can anyone update my timeline in the SkyDrive:

lucky13

Re: Timeline

Post by lucky13 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:54 am

jony_dhaka wrote:I think you already hallucinating my friend .:lol:
How come you get your acknowledgment letter even before you applied .?
lucky13 wrote:Can anyone update my timeline in the SkyDrive:
Ha ha. Sorry my friend. :)
Acknowledgement: 19/08/2013

ZEBRA

ilr

Post by ZEBRA » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:33 pm

yes, the wait is over for me.

App. sent: 12/03/2013
Ackn. lett: 18/03/2013
Biometric request: 04/04/2013
Biometric Done: 05/04/2013
Passport Received Back: 29/08/2013
BRP : Waiting.

Letter was issued on 23July2013 but got it on 29 Aug, more than a month later, don't know why.
BRP is not received yet but I think the ILR is approved (there is a note of information which says the ilr is approved).

One more info. I sent return special delivery envelop but it was sent back with second class mail.

Good luck for everyone.
Last edited by ZEBRA on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soban

Post by Soban » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
Soban wrote: I had a shortfall of 47 days so I submitted a FLRO application before the expiration of my visa and then varied it 28 days before the anniversary of my 10 years in the uk.

Still waiting to hear from HO
Well then looks like we are in a same boat.

Can i ask though did you submit you Biometrics for your FLR (O) application as well or did you vary it without bio submission? And what about the fee did you just pay the difference while making your ILR application or did you paid full fee for both applications.

I will really appreciate if you do mention your time-line and keep in touch so I can use you experience and knowledge for my application many thanks.
Hi

I have submitted biometrics twice. Once for the FLRO application and then for ILR. With regards to the fees paid, you have to pay the full FLRO fee of £578 and then the difference between ILR and the aforementioned fee.

My timeline is given below. It will be appreciated if someone uploads it to the sky drive.

FLRO application sent-21/06/2013
Acknowledgement letter-24/06/2013
Biometrics letter received-02/07/2013
Biometrics enrolled-15/07/2013
Application Varied, ILR app sent-08/08/2013
Acknowledgement letter-09/08/2013
Biometrics letter received-22/08/2013
Biometrics enrolled-28/08/2013

Regards
Soban
--

R556

Post by R556 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:35 pm

I have been a silent visitor of this site and in particular this topic for the last 9 months.

My details are;
I was shy of 2 days from 10 years (including 28 days period), i had to apply for another visa two cover these two days

My time line is
Biometric Card Received: 28/08/2013 (dated 23/08/2013)
Passports+docs: Waiting

The reason to share this information is give hope to all those waiting for more than 8 months
Mine took 2 days shy of a whole year.

And now i Feel fresh :)
Good news. I'm hoping to see good number of approvals in September. I appreciate your patience, you almost waited one year. What was your last leave?

amjadleeds you are not alone.

R556

Re: ilr

Post by R556 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:39 pm

ZEBRA wrote:yes, the wait is over for me.

App. sent: 12/03/2013
Ackn. lett: 18/03/2013
Biometric request: 04/04/2013
Biometric Done: 05/04/2013
Passport Received Back: 29/08/2013
BRP : Waiting.

Letter was issued on 23July2013 but got it on 29 Aug, more than a month later, don't know why.
BRP is not received yet but I think the ILR is approved (there is a note of information which says the ilr is approved).

Good luck for everyone.

Congratulation ZEBRA. Pray for us

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Soban wrote: Hi

I have submitted biometrics twice. Once for the FLRO application and then for ILR. With regards to the fees paid, you have to pay the full FLRO fee of £578 and then the difference between ILR and the aforementioned fee.

My timeline is given below. It will be appreciated if someone uploads it to the sky drive.

FLRO application sent-21/06/2013
Acknowledgement letter-24/06/2013
Biometrics letter received-02/07/2013
Biometrics enrolled-15/07/2013
Application Varied, ILR app sent-08/08/2013
Acknowledgement letter-09/08/2013
Biometrics letter received-22/08/2013
Biometrics enrolled-28/08/2013

Regards
Soban
So you have submitted you biometrics just yesterday, hopefully you will get visa mate.

You are basically a prime example for me as my case is exactly same as yours; I have decided to apply first on FLR (O) as well to cover my 40 days shortage, or maybe 30 days from visa start date (without subtracting 28 days).

Nevertheless do you mind to mention grounds of yours FLR (O) application like;
• Private life in the UK
• Other purposes / reasons not covered by other application forms

Or any other category that might helpful for my application too? At the moment I am on PSW visa.

Plus what sort of document you submitted for your FLR (O) application? And have you submitted your original passport as well, I was thinking not to submit my original passport and ICFN as these are the only documents which can delay my varied Set (LR) application, unless without them my FLR (O) application will be invalid.
N/A