ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Change of Employment - Maintenance Funds

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vb19
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Change of Employment - Maintenance Funds

Post by vb19 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi,
I am working in the UK under Tier 2 General Visa and currently changing employment. While filling the application I found that there is an option under the section O - Maintenance funds which says Tier 2 Immigrant in the UK will meet the maintenance requirement if there are a tier 2 migrant? Can I use this option instead of submitting Bank Statements?

Please can you help immediately?
I am trying to apply under priority mode for personal reasons, hence I need to have another option if my bank is not able to send the statement in time.

------HELP TEXT in the Guidance-------------------------------
How will you show that you meet the
maintenance requirement?
You meet the maintenance requirement if you:
currently have leave to enter or remain in the
UK as a:
•Tier 2 migrant;

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 General Change of Employment - Maintenance Funds

Post by physicskate » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:27 am

vb19 wrote:Hi,
I am working in the UK under Tier 2 General Visa and currently changing employment. While filling the application I found that there is an option under the section O - Maintenance funds which says Tier 2 Immigrant in the UK will meet the maintenance requirement if there are a tier 2 migrant? Can I use this option instead of submitting Bank Statements?

Please can you help immediately?
I am trying to apply under priority mode for personal reasons, hence I need to have another option if my bank is not able to send the statement in time.

How will you show that you meet the
maintenance requirement?
You meet the maintenance requirement if you:
currently have leave to enter or remain in the
UK as a:
•Tier 2 migrant;

Exactly, so you have already met the maintenance requirement. This means you do not need to submit bank statements.

When I changed sponsors, all I submitted was:
BRP
2 passport photos
Completed application
biometric appointment

Pretty sure that was it.

vb19
Newly Registered

Post by vb19 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Thanks for the quick reply physicskate,

During my first application I was able to meet the maintenance requirement via Sponsor's Maintenance Letter, hence was unsure about this. Thank you again for your reply.

Jezzajezza
Newly Registered

Post by Jezzajezza » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:55 am

What about dependant visa. Will my family will be exempt from showing maintenance fund availability as well. I am already on tier 2 general visa.

arunfruity

Post by arunfruity » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:09 am

Guys Can u let me know what happens to Labour market test ? If i am in Tier 2 general and want to change employment ?
Arun

arunfruity

Post by arunfruity » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:11 am

Guys Can u let me know what happens to Labour market test ? If i am in Tier 2 general and want to change employment ?
Arun

vb19
Newly Registered

Post by vb19 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:12 pm

The resident market labour test is required before a CoS is assigned. But CoS would be an "unrestricted" CoS - this would not be part of the monthly limit of CoS that UKBA allocates (do not think that it makes a huge difference, though)

blakedhale
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Change of Employment

Post by blakedhale » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi there,

I have a current Tier 2 (General) Visa. I just got a new job and they have provided me with a Certificate of Sponsorship.

The UKBA Tier 2 Policy guidance says I need to apply to change employer. I cannot find an application form for this anywhere, nor any clear guidance on how to proceed.

Can someone please help me? Maybe post a link to the application info page. I find the UKBA website lacking on this topic, but maybe I am missing something.

Many thanks!