ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:28 am

Believe2013 wrote:
It is plain that "private life" is a broad term, and the Court has wisely eschewed any attempt to define it comprehensively. Lord Bingham in R (Razgar) v SSHD [2004] UKHL 27, [2004]
So as there is no proper definition of private life in an immigration court of law you couldn't really argue it across successfully on it's own in principle unless using it as a basis or a foundation of another strong argument i.e. mental health issues or terminal illness of some sort. probably that's where a lot of us have been caught out here hence the multitude of refusals. surely the hot shot lawyers would know this?

have a good day. Amen @Verbina
Like so many other things in law officially without definition.... so the hot shot lawyers get a level playing field. But surely there must be a lot of precedent cases for reference?
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:44 am

Hi Verbina,

Definitely - I'm going through them with a fine tooth comb, the other that springs to mind relevant to DPSL, Pink nails and myself is the Beoku betts. there are a hundred others. I have time so I will go through as many as possible *yawn* if I find anything useful or relevant I will share!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:50 am

[quote="Believe2013"]Hi Verbina,

Definitely - I'm going through them with a fine tooth comb, the other that springs to mind relevant to DPSL, Pink nails and myself is the Beoku betts. there are a hundred others. I have time so I will go through as many as possible *yawn* if I find anything useful or relevant I will share![/quote]

@ Belive2013,Verbina

Big thanks you guys for research, analysis and sharing the complex issue.

God's Authority

Am tired

Post by God's Authority » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:56 am

Hello everyone, it's me again. It's been a while since I have been here. Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread going, I cannot imagine how things will be like without a support network such as this.

Please can I moan a little? Am just frustrated, i am so scared I will lose everything I have got, no thanks to the way ukba has been playing with our lives. It's unfair. I called this morning and after being on hold for 20 mins, i get told my application has not been allocated to a case worker yet, after 10 months?! It's going to be a gear in October and I am beginning to see myself sitting on a three legged stool which wil give way anytime. Am just tired. I asked if there is a time frame for completion and lady said, "they told us they would aim to reduce it by end of summer but I mean it's end of summer already so I have no idea what to say to you anymore".
This is so depressing, i have just never felt so hopeless all my life, I have to dodge certain people at work cos of this, cos I feel so ashamed and inferior, might be worse cos am pregnant but I just feel they treating people so awful at ukba and it's like violating us as human beings perhaps they feel we are at their mercy?!

Intervene oh Lord, let us not be put to shame cos this is getting too much to bear. *sobs*

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:03 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Hi Verbina,

Definitely - I'm going through them with a fine tooth comb, the other that springs to mind relevant to DPSL, Pink nails and myself is the Beoku betts. there are a hundred others. I have time so I will go through as many as possible *yawn* if I find anything useful or relevant I will share!
Thats the way forward hun! Ill do the same and if I come across anything for you guys, Ill share!

Beoku Betts, isnt it about children?

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: Am tired

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:13 pm

God's Authority wrote:Hello everyone, it's me again. It's been a while since I have been here. Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread going, I cannot imagine how things will be like without a support network such as this.

Please can I moan a little? Am just frustrated, i am so scared I will lose everything I have got, no thanks to the way ukba has been playing with our lives. It's unfair. I called this morning and after being on hold for 20 mins, i get told my application has not been allocated to a case worker yet, after 10 months?! It's going to be a gear in October and I am beginning to see myself sitting on a three legged stool which wil give way anytime. Am just tired. I asked if there is a time frame for completion and lady said, "they told us they would aim to reduce it by end of summer but I mean it's end of summer already so I have no idea what to say to you anymore".
This is so depressing, i have just never felt so hopeless all my life, I have to dodge certain people at work cos of this, cos I feel so ashamed and inferior, might be worse cos am pregnant but I just feel they treating people so awful at ukba and it's like violating us as human beings perhaps they feel we are at their mercy?!

Intervene oh Lord, let us not be put to shame cos this is getting too much to bear. *sobs*

God's Authority,

I sincerely feel your pain and totally share it with you as I made the call this morning myself, I guess you are a month ahead of me. In June I was told it was allocated to a caseworker, in July it's with the case working unit same thing today, with a caseworker after the lady kept me on hold for 10mins and was told to continue to hold wait till decision is made. In all honesty, 1st of September marks the beginning of autumn but hey, these guys are playing snakes and ladder with lives cos to each bad case worker is like a snake biting one's a**se but on the other hand, your case might be with a caseworker but their system not updated as of yet. So please you are allowed to vent as much as you want but just keep in faith and remember that each day is a day closer to the end. Word of comfort is how we hold and keep one another on a straight line. God will come through as every delay is always for a reason. Keep faith and try to avert your attention to something beautiful as you you need to stand strong and healthy for that beautiful seed inside of you. We eventually will prevail and be successful at it too. Keep faith sister, keep faith. It's on the way!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:13 pm

God's Authority wrote:Hello everyone, it's me again. It's been a while since I have been here. Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread going, I cannot imagine how things will be like without a support network such as this.

Awwwh you little sweetie!!! Of course your more than welcome to moan, rant and generally express whatever you feel like on here!!! xx

In addition to this feel free to indulge into some therapeutic virtual chair, table, bathroom sink throwing!!

Making rude ukba jokes also helps!!! heeheee

You are a strong warrior princess, hey you been through a lot, plus you re carrying a mini-jedi!!!!

Write to your MP darling, tell him everything you said on here- about your daughter's condition, your unborn jedi, everything! He should be able to help.

PS As an afterthought.... is there a charity that supports research into your daughter's condition? If so, get in touch with them!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:17 pm

GRRRRRRR!!!! :twisted:

we already know that all one gets is bullsh*t nonsense when phoning that dumb phone number!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:21 pm

verbina wrote:GRRRRRRR!!!! :twisted:

we already know that all one gets is bullsh*t nonsense when phoning that dumb phone number!!
Sigh trust me. I put on my superman costume this week saying I ain't gonna call but damn, I fell weak to that kryptonite 0870 number. Never again I promise, can I really?...sigh!!! Gotta stay strong I gotta!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:27 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

Sigh trust me. I put on my superman costume this week saying I ain't gonna call but damn, I fell weak to that kryptonite 0870 number. Never again I promise, can I really?...sigh!!! Gotta stay strong I gotta!!!

Haha Superman costume!! Well done!!
I actually called my mobile phone services provider and asked them to block all outgoing premium-rate numbers from my phone!!! So unless its included in my priceplan, I cant dial it!! Absolutely brilliant!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:58 pm

verbina wrote:

Thats the way forward hun! Ill do the same and if I come across anything for you guys, Ill share!

correction I assumed it was about children coz it was mentioned somewhere in my solicitors representations...
Just had a look - no children, but it works for us all!! Result!

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:01 pm

verbina wrote:
junaidmirza wrote:
verbina wrote:
junaidmirza wrote:Any body received any thing from HO after the bank holiday... please reply back
YES!!!! Today!! A lovely dumb letter from Portsmouth enforcement team!!!

( dated 23 august somehow....)
Oops, what does that letter say??
Nothing much, just requests me to attend police station on 3 September
@verbina, why do you have to sign, your application is under process with them it's their fault for not making decision why shd we suffer ?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:06 pm

SDP wrote:
verbina wrote:
junaidmirza wrote:
verbina wrote:
YES!!!! Today!! A lovely dumb letter from Portsmouth enforcement team!!!

( dated 23 august somehow....)
Oops, what does that letter say??
Nothing much, just requests me to attend police station on 3 September
@verbina, why do you have to sign, your application is under process with them it's their fault for not making decision why shd we suffer ?
@sdp Ive no idea babe, but I might as well just go and find out ))

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:12 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Haha Superman costume!! Well done!!
I actually called my mobile phone services provider and asked them to block all outgoing premium-rate numbers from my phone!!! So unless its included in my priceplan, I cant dial it!! Absolutely brilliant!!!
Wow I wish I could do that. Those numbers come free with my landline tariff, non negotiable hence why I ride on those numbers like a horse. 😞.

So, on the Razgar case so priorities on "private life" is based upon sexual orientation, gender, mental illness all others are just a subject of national lottery at best. May the good lord be with us all. Sad really sad. I guess I see the reasons to refusals in plain sight.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:13 pm

verbina wrote:

Well its applicable to children too - basically the right to family life should be enjoyed by everyone. Any adverse decision or judgement will not only affect the appellant but also his/her family members too who would be classified as victims as a result.
So siblings (adult or young) can enjoy the right to a family life and also adult children and parents in a closely knit family structure.

johnny04

English Language Requirement

Post by johnny04 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Hello all,

Can anyone help me with this query please......

Do you need to meet the english language requirement for a fresh (not an extension of stay) UK FLRO - Private and Family Life application.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Totally understand where you are coming from. It's unfair, inhumane, disruptive and causes a lot of stress. That 0870 number is a premium rate number and they damn well know most of us will be phoning off pay as you go tariffs. God's Authority we will weep with you and laugh with you dear friend; for what you feel is what we all feel. You are not alone be strong for you are with child. Stress is not a good factor in your condition. May the almighty God answer all our prayers -Through him in and with him nothing shall be rendered impossible. Hold tight hang in there.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Re: English Language Requirement

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:58 pm

johnny04 wrote:Hello all,

Can anyone help me with this query please......

Do you need to meet the english language requirement for a fresh (not an extension of stay) UK FLRO - Private and Family Life application.
Do you hold any higher education certification obtained in this country? If yes then NO, or if you are from the countries below - no need to meet English language requirement

Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, ,Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the USA

Snowflake48

Post by Snowflake48 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Hello everyone! Just got the news from the solicitor office. Granted 2.5 years dis.leave. :D
Have to wait 10 years for the PR. and I just check the home office website, it says need a certificate of travel to visit other countries. Some European countries even not accepting it. I don't know much. Any body have any experience on this type of visa? Can you visit your home country?

Anyway thanx for your support guys!

My husbands story and the time line.

He is a Refused asylum seeker applied under the family life (myself and daughter have the limited leave to remain for 5years)

Application sent: 08.2012
Biometric did: 02.2013
Received the card: 08.2013

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:16 pm

[quote="Nuchi"]Hello everyone! Just got the news from the solicitor office. Granted 2.5 years dis.leave. :D
Have to wait 10 years for the PR. and I just check the home office website, it says need a certificate of travel to visit other countries. Some European countries even not accepting it. I don't know much. Any body have any experience on this type of visa? Can you visit your home country?

He is a Refused asylum seeker applied under the family life (myself and daughter have the limited leave to remain for 5years)

Received the card: 08.2013[/quote]

congratulations to you and your family. Enjoy your freedom. did he apply base on your limited leave as family life?

Snowflake48

Post by Snowflake48 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:24 pm

astro123 wrote:
Nuchi wrote:Hello everyone! Just got the news from the solicitor office. Granted 2.5 years dis.leave. :D

congratulations to you and your family. Enjoy your freedom. did he apply base on your limited leave as family life?
Hi astro123,
Can't understand. Coz we did give our originals docs. But the home home office didnt give the visa dependant under my catogary.

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:29 pm

[quote="Nuchi"][quote="astro123"][quote="Nuchi"]Hello everyone! Just got the news from the solicitor office. Granted 2.5 years dis.leave. :D

Received the card: 08.2013[/quote]

congratulations to you and your family. Enjoy your freedom. did he apply base on your limited leave as family life?[/quote]

Hi astro123,
Can't understand. Coz we did give our originals docs. But the home home office didnt give the visa dependant under my catogary.[/quote][quote]

Thanks for replying, I wanted to find out if I was flro for family life or legacy.[/quote]

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Nuchi wrote:Hello everyone! Just got the news from the solicitor office. Granted 2.5 years dis.leave. :D

Congratulations Nuchi, sorry to hear about your husband's refusal. You finally made it!!!

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:57 pm

Congrat nuchi....can't wait to get a good news like yours.enjoy your freedom.
It is well

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Call me dude wrote:

Congrat nuchi....can't wait to get a good news like yours.enjoy your freedom.
We all will Call me dude. September is a good month to be freed in time for Xmas!