ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) (from Tier 1 G) application questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aknight

ILR SET(O) (from Tier 1 G) application questions

Post by aknight » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi,
I'm preparing myself for the PEO appointment. I just wanted to get clarification on some questions in the SET(O) application form.

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This
refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning
of the period of stay on which this application is based.

I'm giving date when I actually entered into the country.

Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left
and returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List
all absences however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue
on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application.

Since the date I entered, it has been around 6.5 years. But for this question, it says to give all the absences. Does it mean only last 5 years or beyond 5 years covering all 6.5 years? I know it is 5 years but it doesn't say so, does it?

11L Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous
stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit
holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following documents:

I'm not providing any documents other than selected in 11A. Do we need to still check this box?

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met
the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

What does this mean?

Finally,
1. Where to break down our last 5 years including absences? (in covering letter?)
2. I have a 100page bunch of bank statements for a year? Do I need to submit everything or only my salary transaction statement pages?
3. I'm providing Points Based Calculator report as if I'm applying for Tier 1 G extension? Is this okay?

That's all! Kindly throw your thoughts please.

Cheers

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Reply to your questions depends so it will be easy for anyone to reply if you could provide some context as to which all visa you held and what was the period. I am asking bcoz you mention you are applying after 6.5 of stay so why you delayed for 1.5 years?

newbie_2013

Re: ILR SET(O) (from Tier 1 G) application questions

Post by newbie_2013 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:16 pm

6.1 Since you are applying for ILR under Tier 1 general: you need to give the date you've entered UK on this visa. (not when you enter the UK for the first time i.e your entry as student, etc doesnt matter here) Or do yu mean you are on Tier 1 for 6.5 years??

6.2 Now this question follows your answer for 6.1: which is 5 year absences when you are on Tier 1 general

11L is not for applicants who are on Tier 1 visa alone. But if you are on a combination of more than one visa (i.e HSMP+ tier 1, etc) you need to answer this question and provide relavant documents for the period covering tier 1, etc.

break down of 5 years: you normally provide this breakdown when you are providing your absences list. Or if you are providing a covering letter (well a covering letter is not necessary, but if you are ) then put the brealdown in there.

Bank statements: Submit all bank statements, and paste a page highlighter on the sheets where there are salary transactions.

Why provide points calculator if it's already there in the application? It is just a duplication of work. But if you want to, then provide.

v2rfrendz
Newly Registered

Post by v2rfrendz » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for ILR under Tier1 (General) for 5 years and have a question about the below please:
[b]6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This
refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning
of the period of stay on which this application is based. [/b]

Does this mean that I have to give the date for when I first obtained my Tier1 (General) visa or when I first entered the country?

Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks.

aknight

Post by aknight » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Thank you for your replies.

@ginger.garlic
I should have mentioned it. But, yes I'm on Tier 1 General visa. Initially when I came to the UK I was on company sponsored Work Permit visa then I switched to Tier 1 General Highly skilled visa within the country and had an extension. So, my visa is WP + Tier 1(G) + Tier 1(G) Extn. The reason I couldn't apply for ILR earlier was because of absences. Previously, only a maximum of 90 days absence from the country was allowed. Now, it is increased to 180 days in a single consecutive last 5 years.

@newbie_2013
I'm now applying ILR completely based on my Tier 1(G) visa for the last 5 years. Work Permit visa would fall beyond 5 years. Do I need to provide the date of UK entry as my Tier 1(G) visa switch date? If so, it will not make sense as I was already in the country then. The question is more on first DATE OF ENTRY to the UK.

Hope this helps to add more details to your replies.

Cheers

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:59 pm

aknight wrote:Thank you for your replies.

@ginger.garlic
I should have mentioned it. But, yes I'm on Tier 1 General visa. Initially when I came to the UK I was on company sponsored Work Permit visa then I switched to Tier 1 General Highly skilled visa within the country and had an extension. So, my visa is WP + Tier 1(G) + Tier 1(G) Extn. The reason I couldn't apply for ILR earlier was because of absences. Previously, only a maximum of 90 days absence from the country was allowed. Now, it is increased to 180 days in a single consecutive last 5 years.

@newbie_2013
I'm now applying ILR completely based on my Tier 1(G) visa for the last 5 years. Work Permit visa would fall beyond 5 years. Do I need to provide the date of UK entry as my Tier 1(G) visa switch date? If so, it will not make sense as I was already in the country then. The question is more on first DATE OF ENTRY to the UK.

Hope this helps to add more details to your replies.

Cheers
true it asks for 'first date of entry' but it clearly states ' this refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based'. So you need to mention your switch date.

If you are concerned, then I suggest you mention the switch date of Tier 1 as your initial date and just add a small note stating that you've intially entered as work permit holder 6.5 years ago.

aknight

Post by aknight » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:43 pm

That's helpful. Thanks mate.

Also, regarding 11L, do I need to submit any other documentation? And also do I need to select this box?

Cheers

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:40 pm

aknight wrote:That's helpful. Thanks mate.

Also, regarding 11L, do I need to submit any other documentation? And also do I need to select this box?

Cheers
If you are just claiming 5 years for Tier 1, then No. By this it means you dont need to select the box.

but if you are claiming residence on work permit as well, then yes.

aknight

Post by aknight » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Sorry mate, I had last 4 months of my 5 years fall under WP. What would be my first entry now and also what additional documents I need to provide under 11L section?

Cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:01 pm

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!