ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost passport with ilr 30 years can I apply for BP.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

taitaiman
Newly Registered

lost passport with ilr 30 years can I apply for BP.

Post by taitaiman » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi everyone

My mom who suffers from schizophrenia paranoia has been mentally ill since 86 and recieved her ILR in 1979...she has her other Pakistani passports which she had made after but the one with the ILR has been lost,,we simply cannot find it. She has not left the country since 1986. My Q is can we apply for a BP,,,she could never pass the life in the uk test or language as she is mentally ill and I understand will be excused. There must be a record of her which can be easily accessed and will verify her ILR at home office croyden.

Can some1 advise me please.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:01 pm

If your mother has ever opened a bank account or been on benefits, they may have taken a copy of ILR so perhaps ask them if they have a record. You can request information from a Subject Access Request from the UKBA which can take 40 days +. You should have reported the passport lost/stolen and you can apply for a replacement vignette or BRP.

For naturalisation you'll need to get evidence from a medical practitioner to confirm your morher's disability and that's she's unable to do the test, you should also bear in that if your mother doesn't have full mental capacity you'll have to complete the form for her and explain why it's in her interest to be naturalised.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:38 pm

D4109125 wrote:You can request information from a Subject Access Request from the UKBA which can take 40 days +.
it should`t take more than 40 days, if it does complain to your local MP.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:19 pm

boloney wrote:
D4109125 wrote:You can request information from a Subject Access Request from the UKBA which can take 40 days +.
It shouldn't but often does. You would complain to the data controller or complaints procedure rather than MP.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:39 pm

D4109125 wrote:
boloney wrote:
It shouldn't but often does. You would complain to the data controller or complaints procedure rather than MP.
well my SAR was with UKBA for 6 months, data controllers done nothing, my local MP moved thinks quickly.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:55 pm

boloney wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
boloney wrote:
well my SAR was with UKBA for 6 months, data controllers done nothing, my local MP moved thinks quickly.
Once you have waited 40 days you can make a complaint, if you do not receive a response within 8 weeks then you may take the complaint to the ombudsman who usually sort things out quite quickly. I advocate the use of MPs most certainly but also the use of the complaints procedure and ombudsman. You seemed to have exhausted the HO complaints procedure but didn't use the ombudsman or the information commissioner's office?

boloney

Post by boloney » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:12 am

I have complained to ICO as well. But thinks started moving quicker when my MP got involved. HO is doing what they like, can you imagine waiting 6 months for SAR when there is 40 days deadline? Someone shall get it sorted. Does't look like ICO would.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:01 am

I'm sorry to hear of your wait, yes it's disgraceful, the ICO should have helped too but the ombudsman would have been good. I'm glad your MP helped you. I'm boy saying don't use them (that's what they're there for) but rather use the official complaints first.

taitaiman
Newly Registered

Post by taitaiman » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:14 pm

D4109125 wrote:If your mother has ever opened a bank account or been on benefits, they may have taken a copy of ILR so perhaps ask them if they have a record. You can request information from a Subject Access Request from the UKBA which can take 40 days +. You should have reported the passport lost/stolen and you can apply for a replacement vignette or BRP.

For naturalisation you'll need to get evidence from a medical practitioner to confirm your morher's disability and that's she's unable to do the test, you should also bear in that if your mother doesn't have full mental capacity you'll have to complete the form for her and explain why it's in her interest to be naturalised.
THANKYOU SOO MUCH FOR THE INFO!!!! I was soo worried as to how I was going to resolve this. God you peeps are sooo kind. My mum cannot read or write english but understands it,, I can always get a letter from the consultant psychiatrist and GP. Man I think I see light at the end of the tunnel Im chuffed. I will ring HMRC on monday and ask them if they might have a record or photo copy of her old passport..

Thanks guys!!!!