ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Under Article 8

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dils4s
Newly Registered

Appeal Allowed Under Article 8

Post by dils4s » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:33 pm

HI every one.
My initial application was refused because me and my wife were not earning 18600 at the time of application but after 1 year my appeal is heard and me and my wife both earn more than 18600 upto todays date.
The judge dimissed my appeal under immigration rules but allowed my appeal under human rights.
Can some one please tell me what is going to happen next.
what sort of visa will i get,how long is it going to be and what would be my rights.i am so confused. please can some one elaborate.

dils4s
Newly Registered

Post by dils4s » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:22 am

Can any one help please

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:35 am

Assuming the application was put in after July 2012, likely be, 2.5 years leave under the family life provisions which is a 10 years route to settlement with no recourse to public funds but you can work.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dils4s
Newly Registered

Post by dils4s » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks for ur reply and yes the appeal was put in march 2013 and it was decided 2 weeks ago.it is allowed under human rights.what should i do.is it a good decision because its been 1 year that me and my wife are earning about 20k per anum.and we also proved before the judge that we are earning more than 18600 but the judge said at the time of application u were not earning 18600.so he decided the appeal under human rights.i have beej in uk for 4 years on student visa and married last year

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:15 pm

You can apply for flr(m) now if you meet the requirements as flr(m) will only be a 5 year route to settlement. However, if you only need 6 years to get long residence ILR, then perhaps just stick with article 8 leave?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dils4s
Newly Registered

Post by dils4s » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Thank u soo much for your reply.HO have not yet issued me with a visa suppose if they doissue me DL .after how long can i switch back to immigration category Flr.also please if u can tell me the time which i will spend on DL will it be counted towards FLR 5 year route if i switch from DL to FLR M

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Time on article 8 leave (it's no longer DLR) will not count towards settlement under set(m). However, it should count towards settlement under set(lr) - long residence, which you should be able to apply for in 6 years based on what you have said (assuming there was no break in your stay of 4 years as a student and the applications were made in time and not to mention, if it's still available). That's only a year longer than the flr(m) route to settlement of 5 years.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:30 pm

If indeed your partner and yourself met the financial requirement on the day of the appeal hearing, and assuming your partner had leave prior to the application, then the judge erred in law, as the appeal had to be decided, as things stand on the day of the hearing

Assuming you did not have to rely on exemption 1, which appears to be the case, then you will qualify in 5 years. However the error of the judge, if not rectified, could result in her javing to wait for an extra year to qualify for ILR.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:50 pm

You must also remember that with flr(m) leave you would have to meet the financial requirements again in 2.5 years time and in 5 years time. You need to decide whether you think you will be able to do that?

dils4s
Newly Registered

Post by dils4s » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Thank u soooo much for ur replies.
If i want to stick with DL.WILL i still have to show 18600 after 3 years for my extension.sirry but i dont have any knowledge on how DL WORKS and whats the procedure for extension and what would be my rights.also can i travel abroad on DL

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:11 pm

dils4s wrote:Thank u soooo much for ur replies.
If i want to stick with DL.WILL i still have to show 18600 after 3 years for my extension.sirry but i dont have any knowledge on how DL WORKS and whats the procedure for extension and what would be my rights.also can i travel abroad on DL
DLR or its new counterpart does not have a financial requirement. You would extend after 2.5 years (before the leave expires) on form flr(o), you can travel and work but not claim public funds. As long as your circumstances are pretty much the same in 2.5 years you should be granted a further 2.5 years.
Last edited by Amber on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:13 pm

D4109125 wrote:You must also remember that with flr(m) leave you would have to meet the financial requirements again in 2.5 years time and in 5 years time. You need to decide whether you think you will be able to do that?
Not sure this is correct if someone meets the criteria of ex1. I believe this is the basis on which the judge must have allowed the appear. To be correct, I will call it under the broad article 8 criteria.

They may qualify for another 30 months after this 30 months, even if they cannot show evidence of 18600 . However they will not qualify for ILR until after 120 months.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:15 pm

Obie wrote:
D4109125 wrote:You must also remember that with flr(m) leave you would have to meet the financial requirements again in 2.5 years time and in 5 years time. You need to decide whether you think you will be able to do that?
Not sure this is correct if someone meets the criteria of ex1. I believe this is the basis on which the judge must have allowed the appear. To be correct, I will call it under the broad article 8 criteria.

They may qualify for another 30 months after this 30 months, even if they cannot show evidence of 18600 . However they will not qualify for ILR until after 120 months.
I meant for the purpose of 5 years settlement route,

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:28 pm

I follow. It may well be the case, that OP may not even need to meet the financial requirement to secure ILR. He is currently covered by section 3C. By the time he receives his Resident permit, he may have only 5 years and a bit to go, before he qualifies.
Therefore after the 2nd 30 months application, he may simply vary his existing applicationdepending on the circumstance, under the Long Residence provision.

In that way, 18600 requirement is legally circumvented.

dils4s
Newly Registered

Post by dils4s » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:23 pm

I have question here.if i will be granted with DL for 3years and in the mean time if the court decides the case about 18600 and change it to 13k.what will happen with my 3year DL visa.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Then ask for a reconsideration
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Android-Guy
Newly Registered

Post by Android-Guy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:07 pm

D4109125 wrote:
dils4s wrote:Thank u soooo much for ur replies.
DLR or its new counterpart does not have a financial requirement. You would extend after 2.5 years (before the leave expires) on form flr(o), you can travel and work but not claim public funds. As long as your circumstances are pretty much the same in 2.5 years you should be granted a further 2.5 years.
What if the application is sent before July 2012 and been refused in September, appealed the decision and appeal came in applicant's favour in Jan 2013. Later on HO sent the documents back with a letter saying application was determined in July 2013. Would it be DL (3 years /6 years) or still considered as 2.5 years/10 year route.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:15 pm

The relevant date is the date the appeal was determined and allowed by the judge, rather than the date of promulgation or the date of the actual appeal, where these dates differ.

Thus as the appeal was considered and allowed on Article 8 family life grounds on or after 9 July 2012 it would be 2.5 years on the new route with no recourse to public funds.

Android-Guy
Newly Registered

Post by Android-Guy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:21 pm

D4109125 wrote:The relevant date is the date the appeal was determined and allowed by the judge, rather than the date of promulgation or the date of the actual appeal, where these dates differ.

Thus as the appeal was considered and allowed on Article 8 family life grounds on or after 9 July 2012 it would be 2.5 years on the new route with no recourse to public funds.
Thanks Amber

Android-Guy
Newly Registered

BRP

Post by Android-Guy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Amber, wondering would be able to answer the question on BRP or not?

:)

Thanks in advance

dils4s
Newly Registered

Post by dils4s » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:17 pm

hi every one.
The home office was given right of appeal which expired 5 days ago . I still didnt hear anything from home office.
How long it can take for home office to respond and to issue me with the visa.kindly reply.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:20 pm

Well it should be soon, but I doubt they're in any rush. If you could contact the the appeals determination management unit they could perhaps update you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:05 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dils4s
Newly Registered

Post by dils4s » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:02 pm

hi thanks for the reply. My solicitor wrote a letter to home office yesterday with regards to the determination, since my appeal is allowed under human rights. Just a general question, if they issue me discretionary leave for 3 years, what documents are required for the extension of next descritionary leave, would i still have to show 18600 for descritionary? Kindly if u please reply.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:14 pm

dils4s wrote:hi thanks for the reply. My solicitor wrote a letter to home office yesterday with regards to the determination, since my appeal is allowed under human rights. Just a general question, if they issue me discretionary leave for 3 years, what documents are required for the extension of next descritionary leave, would i still have to show 18600 for descritionary? Kindly if u please reply.
DLR is not subject to a financial requirement. Rather the circumstances would have to be similar when you apply for an extension.