ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Directive 2004/38/EC from Pakistan to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SRAQAI

Directive 2004/38/EC from Pakistan to Ireland

Post by SRAQAI » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:14 pm Post subject: Ireland on Directive 2004/38/EC from Pakistan
Hi All,

My husband is now ready to apply to the Irish Embassy in Pakistan for his Irish Visa to join me in Dublin. I am staying in Dublin, in a cheap hostel, until my husband gets his visa and then ill get more permanent accommodation sorted out.

I remember seeing a few people on this forum who have applied through the Irish Embassy in Pakistan for their visa under this directive, and I have searched, but I cannot find anything. Can anyone tell me, who has been through this process in Pakistan, please let me know how horrendous, or if, their experience was?

I dont want to go through the hell of what we went through with France, again. With Ireland, its seems like a pretty straightforward online application - can anyone tell me where they sent the marriage certificates and other documents to? I heard that they only have a small office in Pakistan and that applications are actually processed in Ireland itself or Dubai. Anyone know??

My husband will also be submitting evidence of the fact that me (the EU Citizen) has registered with the Tax Authorities in Ireland as self employed, along with my PPS number. I know that this is not required, but we are going to send it anyway, as proof of my being in Ireland, though the letter of registration confirmation that the Tax Revenue sent me, was sent to my UK address, but thats only because I do not have permanent address here yet, until hubby arrives. Will this be a problem? Ill also submit a copy of my Ryan Air flight ticket to Dublin, to show that I actually traveled there

Any other suggestions???

Wish us luck!!!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:35 pm

This thread should be moved to Ireland Section
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:14 am

Moved to Ireland section.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Re: Directive 2004/38/EC from Pakistan to Ireland

Post by jinkazama_11 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:40 pm

SRAQAI wrote:Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:14 pm Post subject: Ireland on Directive 2004/38/EC from Pakistan
Hi All,

My husband is now ready to apply to the Irish Embassy in Pakistan for his Irish Visa to join me in Dublin. I am staying in Dublin, in a cheap hostel, until my husband gets his visa and then ill get more permanent accommodation sorted out.

I remember seeing a few people on this forum who have applied through the Irish Embassy in Pakistan for their visa under this directive, and I have searched, but I cannot find anything. Can anyone tell me, who has been through this process in Pakistan, please let me know how horrendous, or if, their experience was?

I dont want to go through the hell of what we went through with France, again. With Ireland, its seems like a pretty straightforward online application - can anyone tell me where they sent the marriage certificates and other documents to? I heard that they only have a small office in Pakistan and that applications are actually processed in Ireland itself or Dubai. Anyone know??

My husband will also be submitting evidence of the fact that me (the EU Citizen) has registered with the Tax Authorities in Ireland as self employed, along with my PPS number. I know that this is not required, but we are going to send it anyway, as proof of my being in Ireland, though the letter of registration confirmation that the Tax Revenue sent me, was sent to my UK address, but thats only because I do not have permanent address here yet, until hubby arrives. Will this be a problem? Ill also submit a copy of my Ryan Air flight ticket to Dublin, to show that I actually traveled there

Any other suggestions???

Wish us luck!!!
Hi
I suppose you were married in Pakistan. In this case have you been asked by Irish embassy to get your marriage certificate/nikha nama attested/appostiled by an Irish embassy in pakistan?

also you mentioned that you faced problems with French. could you please explain these as I am planning to move to either France or Ireland to exercise my treaty right. This may help me choosing the right country.

Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:11 am

A sample of some of the problems the OP had, can be found here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:19 pm

E-mail the revenue to give them your new address (the hostel). They don't need it and probably won't write to you but the e-mail is your proof that you are now living in Ireland and have informed the revenue. It is about creating written records, so you do this by e-mail as this gives you a copy of the record.

Also build up documentation to show that you are in Ireland. Withdraw ten euro once a week from your Irish bank account at an Irish location - that is proof you are there - the bank records will show a withdrawal in Dublin once a week, which is proof you are in Dublin.

I don't know what form of self employment you plan to engage in, but you also need to start keeping records of this - it can be as simple as a list of the people that you teach private language lessons to, or that you babysit for, or a list of the artwork that you sell.
BL

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:17 am

jinkazama_11 wrote:
SRAQAI wrote:Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:14 pm Post subject: Ireland on Directive 2004/38/EC from Pakistan
Hi All,

Any other suggestions???

Wish us luck!!!
Hi
I suppose you were married in Pakistan. In this case have you been asked by Irish embassy to get your marriage certificate/nikha nama attested/appostiled by an Irish embassy in pakistan?

also you mentioned that you faced problems with French. could you please explain these as I am planning to move to either France or Ireland to exercise my treaty right. This may help me choosing the right country.

Thanks

Everything of ours has been stamped/apostilled keft right at centre, when we were at the mercy of tbe horrible French embassy in Pakistan. So, we have submitted the same thing of course for ireland. Emily has posted a link to my threads re. my experience with France. All I can say is, please do not go to France..... its for your own good. For us it was hell and back. The beloved was phenomenal :(

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:28 am

Brigid from Ireland wrote:E-mail the revenue to give them your new address (the hostel). They don't need it and probably won't write to you but the e-mail is your proof that you are now living in Ireland and have informed the revenue. It is about creating written records, so you do this by e-mail as this gives you a copy of the record.

Also build up documentation to show that you are in Ireland. Withdraw ten euro once a week from your Irish bank account at an Irish location - that is proof you are there - the bank records will show a withdrawal in Dublin once a week, which is proof you are in Dublin.

I don't know what form of self employment you plan to engage in, but you also need to start keeping records of this - it can be as simple as a list of the people that you teach private language lessons to, or that you babysit for, or a list of the artwork that you sell.

Dear Brigid I really enjoy reading your wonderful advice on this forum - your a real asset to us here. I do a mixture of things self employed, I make perfume and I am a writer and designer. Its of course very slow at the moment, but thats tbe same with all new businesses. I am thinking to look for a job to do alongside this, which can only be helpful in this immigration fiasco!!

My husband got a phone call today from the Irish Consul in Pakistan. They are asking for bank statements and photos of our wedding!! They are not allowed to ask these of course .... even though I have clearly explained in a covering letter that we wish to apply under the directive and even though my husband explained this in the online application. Makes you wonder about the intelligence, or lack of it, seeing as they cannot read 'directive 2004/38/ec'. Of course as soon as they see that, they suddenly stop knowing how to read, as it seems.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:31 pm

SRAQAI wrote:
Everything of ours has been stamped/apostilled keft right at centre, when we were at the mercy of tbe horrible French embassy in Pakistan. So, we have submitted the same thing of course for ireland. Emily has posted a link to my threads re. my experience with France. All I can say is, please do not go to France..... its for your own good. For us it was hell and back. The beloved was phenomenal :(
To be specific re apostilled of documents. From where you got your documents appstilled/stamped?
I have tried to email Irish counsel in Karachi but their email inbox is full and I get my email bounced back. I will be thankful if you could tell me how to approach the consulate in Karachi?

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:46 pm

jinkazama_11 wrote:
SRAQAI wrote:
To be specific re apostilled of documents. From where you got your documents appstilled/stamped?
I have tried to email Irish counsel in Karachi but their email inbox is full and I get my email bounced back. I will be thankful if you could tell me how to approach the consulate in Karachi?
I am not entirely sure because my husband did it, i think he bad to go to the pakistani foreign affairs office or something and then to Sawabi which is where we got married, to get some kind of stamp from an office there.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:51 pm

I think documents should be attested from Irish consulate Karachi if one have to apply in Ireland or UK.

Can you please tell me how to contact Irish embassy in Karachi? Did your husband went to Karachi consulate to submit his application or to some application processing office in Islamabad?

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:47 pm

jinkazama_11 wrote:I think documents should be attested from Irish consulate Karachi if one have to apply in Ireland or UK.

Can you please tell me how to contact Irish embassy in Karachi? Did your husband went to Karachi consulate to submit his application or to some application processing office in Islamabad?
I havent seen anything on the website stating that they need to be attested .... that doesnt really make much sense.... why would Ireland attest a foreign document? Its usually the country the document originates from that attests documents. My husband sent the documents through post to Karachi from Lahore.

paddy12
Newly Registered

Post by paddy12 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:04 pm

hi just for your information you husband must have nikahnama which is in URDU , you need to get it translated in english and attested by a notory public. also your husband need to get your marriage registerd with NADRA and NADRA will issue him a marriage cert which will be in english n urdu . so when your husband will apply he need to submit orignal NADRA marriage cert and attested copies of nikahnama and english translated attested copy
im telling you with my own experience n after confirmation from irish consulate in pak

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:18 pm

paddy12 wrote:hi just for your information you husband must have nikahnama which is in URDU , you need to get it translated in english and attested by a notory public. also your husband need to get your marriage registerd with NADRA and NADRA will issue him a marriage cert which will be in english n urdu . so when your husband will apply he need to submit orignal NADRA marriage cert and attested copies of nikahnama and english translated attested copy
im telling you with my own experience n after confirmation from irish consulate in pak
Thanks for this information :) we have done this and this is what we have sent, thank you.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:12 pm

If you can get a job (even a poorly paid part time job) in additon to the self employment, this makes life much easier when you want to show that you are a migrant worker.

So it is a very good idea to try to get some part time work as an employee.
BL

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:53 am

Thank you, Brigit once again for your excellent advice again.

My husband hasnt heard anything yet, about his application, which was submitted online on the 11th July. The Irish representation in Pakistan is only a honourary Counsel, a one man band, as it were and there is no physical office in the sense that people can visit. The address is someone house! My husband has tried calling a few times - no response. I found the visa enquiry email address online, where it states we get a response within 72 hours. Thats a lie, because when i emailed them, on the 25 July, I didnt get a response until the 7th August! I am not able to get through to anyone on the Burgh Quay number ... is it them I should be calling? I just got a generic reply, Im bit concerned with how long this is taking to process:

Thank you for your enquiry.

I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Equality to refer to your
correspondence of 25/07/2013.

The visa application referred to is currently awaiting examination.

The eight week timeframe acts as a guideline only. Visa applications are
considered in as speedy a manner as possible. Timeframes for decision can
be dependent on a number of factors; two of those being, the number of
applications received and the resources available to process them.

Kind regards,

Visa Customer Services
Visa Office, Dublin
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Serviceprocess.

Brigid from Ireland wrote:If you can get a job (even a poorly paid part time job) in additon to the self employment, this makes life much easier when you want to show that you are a migrant worker.

So it is a very good idea to try to get some part time work as an employee.

courny

Post by courny » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:52 am

Applied 11th July and still waiting?
Injust applied for my wife on the 21st of August as spouse of Irish citizen.
So this is going to take longer than 8 weeks?

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:20 am

courny wrote:Applied 11th July and still waiting?
Injust applied for my wife on the 21st of August as spouse of Irish citizen.
So this is going to take longer than 8 weeks?
got the visa today :) plz see my new thread