ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Spouse/CP of (Hasband Name)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ladoona
Newly Registered

Visa Spouse/CP of (Hasband Name)

Post by ladoona » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:26 pm

I got a visa for UK before one week and my nationality is Sudanese.

The details of it:
Number of entrance: MULT
Type: Visa Spouse/CP - Spouse/CP of (The name of husband as he is my sponsor)
And also there was the date of "Valid from"' and date of "Valid until"
Note: place of issue: United Arab Emirates

My inquiry is:

Is there a date I have to arrive in the UK before it, Or is it unlimited?
For example: I have to arrive UK during (6 month Or any other duration) from the 'Valid from' date.)?
Or I can arrive in the UK at any time up until the 'valid until' date?

Hope to get answer regards that and i will be thankful if there is any information mention in UK Border Agence website

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:39 pm

The visa should have a valid until date and that is the latest you can enter the UK. I guess it will be 33 months from the date of issue. Obviously, if you delay your entry for a very long time (more than 3 months) you will have to make an additional application (normally you have to extend only once) at the end of your mandatory extension to bridge the gap in the five year residence period that would be required for ILR, but it's perfectly okay to do that if necessary.

ladoona
Newly Registered

Post by ladoona » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Do you have any referense for this information?

I want to travel after 5 months, so it will be not (during 3 months) and some people told me that i have to travel not after 3 months!!!

Thanks in advance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:55 pm

The visa would not have been given a validity date of 33 months if it were not permitted to use that visa to enter at any time during that period. Settlement leave is granted is two tranches of 30 months - 60 months in total before one can settle. So, given that you have 33 months leave, there is a 3 month window in which to enter if you wish to avoid a third application at the back end of your residence period. It's as simple as that. Obviously if you delay for a very long time there may be some question about the validity of the relationship. You applied to settle in the UK based on a certain set of conditions and they may want to check that those conditions are still applicable and that nothing about your circumstances has changed that would warrant the cancelling of the visa on that basis.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ladoona
Newly Registered

Post by ladoona » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:56 pm

do you mean the delay for: (more than 3 months) from the date of: valid until date ?
Mean that: more than 3 months after the 33 month?

Orfrom the date of the my visa was issued on?
For example: my visa issued last week on August, so after 3 moth it will be on Novemebr.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:59 pm

I mean that if you delay entry by longer than 3 months from the date of issue, you will not have a full 30 months of leave remaining, and when this expires and your next period of 30 months is granted, there will be a shortfall in the total of 60 months that is necessary to qualify for ILR. In which case you will be required to make a 3rd application to fill that gap. But, it's okay to do this if you really can't get there within the first 3 months.

ladoona
Newly Registered

Post by ladoona » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Well,, Thanks.

Other Question. Sorry

You told me that:

if you delay your entry for a very long time (more than 3 months) you will have to make an additional application (normally you have to extend only once)

You mean to when i will do it? now or just for: Bridge the gap in the five year residence period?

Thanks again

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Example: You delay entry by, say, 6 months. Your leave will then expire in 27 months from the time of entry. So, you make an extension at the end of 27 months and are granted a further 30 months. At that end of that new grant you will have only been in the UK for 57 months. But, you need to have been in the UK for 60 months to acquire ILR. So, after 57 months you can't apply for ILR and will need to make yet another extension to bridge the shortfall.

ladoona
Newly Registered

Post by ladoona » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Do I have to stay there for a specific period after i arrive there at the first time without traveling abroad?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:24 pm

No, the 60 month residence period begins when you first enter but you are free to take trips.

ladoona
Newly Registered

Post by ladoona » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks

One of my Hasband friend, told him that i have to stay 180 days witout traveling outside UK!! As his wife do that when she arrived there

R u sure regards that?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:21 pm

He is wrong.

ladoona
Newly Registered

Post by ladoona » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:45 pm

OK.. Thank you :)

Appreciate your great interest

ladoona
Newly Registered

Post by ladoona » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi again.

What the procedure which i have to do it when i arrive there?
I have to regester in any office there?

Thanks