ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change Job just before ILR application -- Does it matter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ldbright

Change Job just before ILR application -- Does it matter

Post by ldbright » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi Guys

If I use 11 months payslips from previous employer and the 12th from the new company. Will it cause any problem or complicate the case? Given that I will have the enough score.

Many Thanks! :-)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:54 pm

Does the policy guidance say that income in the preceding 12 months must be from the same employer?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:46 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Does the policy guidance say that income in the preceding 12 months must be from the same employer?
Thanks Sam!

The thing is that my application is due in March 2014 and I will lose my job in December (already got the notice). My earning has already far more than quested amount so I will score enough points. My question is that if I can't find a job by Dec and be umemployed at the time of my application. Will it be a problem for my IRL? of course in the mean time I will try my best looking for a new job.

Any comments are welcome. Thank you in advance!

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:21 pm

ldbright wrote: The thing is that my application is due in March 2014 and I will lose my job in December (already got the notice). My earning has already far more than quested amount so I will score enough points. My question is that if I can't find a job by Dec and be umemployed at the time of my application. Will it be a problem for my IRL? of course in the mean time I will try my best looking for a new job.

I was jobless for 8 months in the last 1 year and just got my ILR approved a couple of weeks ago by showing my 5 month earnings earlier to my unemployment period. Tier 1 holder doesnt need to be in job all the time as long as they have enough points for ILR. As you have enough points, nothing to worry about what so ever (assumin that you are a tier 1 holder!!)
Last edited by newbie_2013 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nks

Post by nks » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:23 pm

You work in capitalist economy and everyone, including UKBA understands this and that is the reason they ask for income in 12 consecutive of last 15 months. Doesn't matter if you are employed/unemployed at time of application as long as you meet their income threshold.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:56 am

Thank you very much, you made me less nervous.

Can you please kindly let me know

1. The 5 months payslips you used for ILR, are they the old payslips before the umemployment or the new ones after you found a new job (the latest months)?

2. Were you employeed at the time of ILR application?

3. Did the case worker raise any questions regarding the umemployment? Or only use 5 months payslips?

Thank you very much! Appricated!

newbie_2013 wrote:
ldbright wrote: The thing is that my application is due in March 2014 and I will lose my job in December (already got the notice). My earning has already far more than quested amount so I will score enough points. My question is that if I can't find a job by Dec and be umemployed at the time of my application. Will it be a problem for my IRL? of course in the mean time I will try my best looking for a new job.

I was jobless for 8 months in the last 1 year and just got my ILR approved a couple of weeks ago by showing my 5 month earnings earlier to my unemployment period. Tier 1 holder doesnt need to be in job all the time as long as they have enough points for ILR. As you have enough points, nothing to worry about what so ever (assumin that you are a tier 1 holder!!)
:D :)